Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3148324 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #13590 on: 30 December 2016, 17:52:23 »

Washed the Merc hate these mucky roads.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: 30 December 2016, 19:19:56 »

Changed oil, yesterday,another 10k done. :o
Fitted the dim-dip mirror and wired it in, also wired in the camera, only taken 3years, shame to rush. ;D.

Then sorted the heater, not been very hot lately, so flushed it no crud came out, so back filled the matrix,  Connect hoses, and fill matrix from the bottom, to force the air out of the top opening, (old trick Mercedes/rolls Royce), now toasty  :y
Hoof'land storeman.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: 02 January 2017, 17:09:14 »

Took the rear wheels off it so I can get the tyres sealed on the rims see if that stops them deflating every couple of weeks or so!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #13593 on: 02 January 2017, 17:25:36 »

Sorted the screen washers out on the wife's Panda , what a weird set up they are ! Then gave it a wash & vacuum looks quite presentable now..

STEMO

« Reply #13594 on: 02 January 2017, 17:27:40 »

Sorted the screen washers out on the wife's Panda , what a weird set up they are ! Then gave it a wash & vacuum looks quite presentable now..
Remember the screen washers on the old beetles? Powered by air from the spare tyre mounted under the dash  ;D Too much squirting of the screenwash meant a flat spare.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #13595 on: 02 January 2017, 17:59:36 »

Remember the screen washers on the old beetles? Powered by air from the spare tyre mounted under the dash  ;D Too much squirting of the screenwash meant a flat spare.

No can't say I do sounds even worse than the Fiat , has rotating plastic jets which are easily dislodged & spray goes haywire

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: 02 January 2017, 18:21:27 »

Oh yes, ran a 34 BHP Beetle for 15 years (not as long as the Omega, now 16). I always ran with an over pressured spare, and a pressure gauge in the car (as now), and don't recall having an issue with it. Swapping to the reserve tank (no fuel gauge) was an art with the toe of the foot, if done smartly, it could be achieved without having to change down. :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: 03 January 2017, 13:05:38 »

MOT ..... passed with 7 (!!) advisories ... most of which were expected/known ... although I was concerned at how long it was on the exhaust analyser, now I know why !!

1 - Front discs corroded/pitted or scored but not seriously weakened .....  new ones already in stock awaiting the pads to wear down before replacing
2 - Front brake fluctuating , but not excessively.....  probably caused by 1 .. will be fixed at the same time
3 - Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases .... probably not true as the test was done on petrol setting not LPG ! but not difficult to sort
4 - Brake pipe slightly corroded (both rear) ..... known problem just needs a dry/warm day to rub down and grease up
5 - Tyre worn close to legal limit (both rear) .. expected, in fact all 4 need replacing, but I was waiting the result of this MOT .....  :)

the two I didn't expect ....

6 - Offside inner front wheel arch corroded ... I'll look on a dry warm day but hopefully not too drastic

and the last one ....

7 - Front chassis legs corroded .....  he says they just need rubbing down and treating

Now, this was a new guy who did the MOT, firstly he didn't realise it was running on LPG, (comment when told .. "oh bugger I wouldn't have bothered with the test had I known, explains why it struggled to pass" !!!),  and secondly he dropped it outside before telling me the results, the older guy ALWAYS dragged me in and showed me what needed doing.....  so where do I look for this "Front Chassis Legs" corrosion, I'm not familiar with the term .... A photo would be a major help if anyone has one ....

Thanks in advance !  :)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: 03 January 2017, 13:28:21 »

Nigel, most MOT testers mark the mentioned areas with a paint marker so it should be obvious. The chassis rail will be above the subframe mounts where several panels meet.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: 03 January 2017, 13:57:52 »

Slung a spare on the front  ;D
Omegatitis

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: 03 January 2017, 15:20:08 »

Jack it up and wheels off... All will be blindingly obvious.

Change the discs/pads whilst there ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: 03 January 2017, 17:45:40 »

6 - Offside inner front wheel arch corroded ... I'll look on a dry warm day but hopefully not too drastic

and the last one ....

7 - Front chassis legs corroded .....  he says they just need rubbing down and treating

Show me an Omega that isn't rusting in those areas. The problem is how far gone is it?

If you start peeling off the wheel arch underseal you'll be shocked!

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: 03 January 2017, 19:38:44 »

Nigel, most MOT testers mark the mentioned areas with a paint marker so it should be obvious. The chassis rail will be above the subframe mounts where several panels meet.

Jack it up and wheels off... All will be blindingly obvious.

Change the discs/pads whilst there ;)

and the last one ....

Show me an Omega that isn't rusting in those areas. The problem is how far gone is it?

If you start peeling off the wheel arch underseal you'll be shocked!

Thanks for the advice ... lets hope it is as obvious as you hint ... wirebrush, and hammerite underbody seal with waxoyl will both be used, hopefully with a half decent result .. :)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: 03 January 2017, 20:07:44 »

Thanks for the advice ... lets hope it is as obvious as you hint ... wirebrush, and hammerite underbody seal with waxoyl will both be used, hopefully with a half decent result .. :)

If you look at reply No.9 from Webby in the link below it will give you an idea of the area you are looking at Nige.  :y

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=123177.msg1568549#msg1568549
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: 03 January 2017, 20:50:51 »

If you look at reply No.9 from Webby in the link below it will give you an idea of the area you are looking at Nige.  :y

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=123177.msg1568549#msg1568549

Brilliant .. many thanks :)

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.