Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3180621 times)

aaronjb

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #5820 on: 29 August 2013, 12:14:24 »

Drove it to work for the first time in ages. The cam cover gaskets may be more of a priority than I thought .. it reeks of hot oil after a drive  :-[

And got a phone call from Vx to tell me my shocks have come in.. oh and realised that it's not just the Omega due an MOT, both cars are due one within a week of each other  ::)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: 29 August 2013, 20:25:37 »

Fitted the B4s. Much better!

chrisgixer

« Reply #5822 on: 29 August 2013, 21:25:13 »

Let the Kosovans clean it. Pulled the young erchin up for cleaning the wheel arches and skirts then the roof and bonnet with the same wash mit without rinsing it.  >:(

Then admired the swirls in the paint with the owner.  >:(

Bought a cam belt kit for it. Ordered two new gm rear bushes. Drove it home, cleaned the bits they missed. Polished out some of the swirls. Topped up the washer fluid.

Replaced 6 missing psi out of the right rear tyre.  :-[ Then decided it didn't need new bushes and setting to correct the pull to the left after all on the drive over to Aaron's and the use of his pit to change the oil, and return his Maxiscan.

Cheers Aaron.  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #5823 on: 29 August 2013, 21:27:19 »

Drove it to work and back. Might wash it on saturday, then again I might not ::)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: 29 August 2013, 21:40:04 »

Alternator fitted to the white 3.2, no more screeching noise, dead battery or impending doom!
It's now at the bodyshop for some tidying up, thankfully the police livery fitting has been postponed from tomorrow to Monday am, which gives me some extra time to get it ready, and give it a clean.
Brendan, the excellent owner of the bodyshop was ever so pleased when I dropped it off and told him I wanted it done by tomorrow afternoon...but he's such a good chap  :y

Spent time pondering why the Bentley has died, had to be recovered back with a fuel supply issue. Fuel pump appears to operate, but no fuel at the carb.

05omegav6

« Reply #5825 on: 29 August 2013, 21:47:54 »

Alternator fitted to the white 3.2, no more screeching noise, dead battery or impending doom!
It's now at the bodyshop for some tidying up, thankfully the police livery fitting has been postponed from tomorrow to Monday am, which gives me some extra time to get it ready, and give it a clean.
Brendan, the excellent owner of the bodyshop was ever so pleased when I dropped it off and told him I wanted it done by tomorrow afternoon...but he's such a good chap  :y

Spent time pondering why the Bentley has died, had to be recovered back with a fuel supply issue. Fuel pump appears to operate, but no fuel at the carb.

Clogged fuel filter perhaps :-\ maybe caused by repeatedly draining the tank... easier to do than say  ;D, but any crud in the tank will now be in the filter, assuming it has a mild steel fuel tank :-\

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: 29 August 2013, 21:54:29 »

Clogged fuel filter perhaps :-\ maybe caused by repeatedly draining the tank... easier to do than say  ;D, but any crud in the tank will now be in the filter, assuming it has a mild steel fuel tank :-\

Could well be. Vehicle was driving fine, drove 10 miles, parked briefly. Restarted and it ran fine for 20 seconds or so, spluttered and then died. Has refused to start ever since. It even had just under 1/4 of a tank of fuel. Left it over night and still didn't go, but as Rolls-Royce say; ''It didn't break down, it simply failed to proceed''
I'll enjoy poking around tomorrow with it I'm sure  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: 29 August 2013, 22:01:19 »

Oh. Bentley and carb in the same sentence. <shudder>

I guess you're known by name in all the local petrol stations? ;)

Worth checking the whole route of the fuel lines. Lots failing these days with ethanol being sneaked into the fuel. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: 30 August 2013, 10:20:16 »

Is the cambelt in need?

Should I bring the kit?
I have the cambelt, but need a locking kit Master. And a 1/2" drive E20, as my get-me-through 120pc Hellfrauds set is 3/8" E20 :y

If you have anything that will aid inspect around oil pump/dipstick area (small mirrors maybe?), that would be handy :)
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: 30 August 2013, 22:49:04 »

fitted 3.0L downpipes to the 3.2. hardest bit was finding a cutting/grinding disc to take 5/6mm off the 3.0L downpipes.
mainifold nuts put up a vailent fight and lost, new m10 and lots o coppersllip on them, and new m8 and nuts, on system to downpipes, drilled out flanges. :y lamdas tried to be awkward,but came out.
 will see over the week if theres any gains.hope so 8)
Hoof'land storeman.

albitz

« Reply #5830 on: 30 August 2013, 23:16:28 »

Replaced the steering idler bracket on the Omega.The thread had gone on the original,which was why it kept coming loose,and then eventually,wouldnt tighten up. A very unusual problem to have ime. :-\

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: 31 August 2013, 01:42:38 »

Replaced the steering idler bracket on the Omega.The thread had gone on the original,which was why it kept coming loose,and then eventually,wouldnt tighten up. A very unusual problem to have ime. :-\
New one on me  :-\
Mot next month - should be interesting  :-X

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: 31 August 2013, 02:17:14 »

Finally got around to checking the tyre pressures, and only a 4psi loss in each since December last year.

albitz

« Reply #5833 on: 31 August 2013, 07:45:40 »

New one on me  :-\
Mot next month - should be interesting  :-X

Don't get worried about having that particular problem Jonny.Ive seen and heard of plenty of worn steering idlers before,but never seen the bracket thing it connects to going tits up until yesterday. ;)
I also checked my tyre pressures as once the first problem was fixed,it actually felt like the steering wheel was connected to the road wheels again.This then allowed another problem to manifest itself. That being,the left front tyre running at 21psi.  ::) :o

aaronjb

« Reply #5834 on: 31 August 2013, 11:16:49 »

Took the M3 for it's MOT - which it passed with no advisories - and collected the new rear shocks for the Omega.. better fit 'em now!

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.