Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143530 times)

Raeturbo and 42 Guests are viewing this topic.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2295 on: 05 April 2012, 18:18:35 »

Drove it (complete with new windscreen from the other day - thanks to Al for the pointer!) to Westcott just off the A41 via lots of little windy country roads (fun!) on the way there and the A41 on the way back.

Does everyone around there drive like a complete muppet, or did I just run into more than my fair share?  :o ;D
The old MOD test site Venture Business Park?  My old stomping ground - 20yrs ago, you would have seen a little yellow Maestro van blasting around on the ragged edge ::)
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #2296 on: 05 April 2012, 18:27:24 »

Drove it (complete with new windscreen from the other day - thanks to Al for the pointer!) to Westcott just off the A41 via lots of little windy country roads (fun!) on the way there and the A41 on the way back.

Does everyone around there drive like a complete muppet, or did I just run into more than my fair share?  :o ;D
The old MOD test site Venture Business Park?  My old stomping ground - 20yrs ago, you would have seen a little yellow Maestro van blasting around on the ragged edge ::)

That's the one - all been dug up and rearranged since the last time I was there - very posh bits of road in there now, but still lots of clearly ex-MOD structures around.. reminds me of growing up when my Dad was in the RAF :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: 05 April 2012, 18:29:57 »

That's the one - all been dug up and rearranged since the last time I was there - very posh bits of road in there now, but still lots of clearly ex-MOD structures around.. reminds me of growing up when my Dad was in the RAF :)
Not been in there for 10yrs, and that was for some rallying.  Obviously, 20yrs ago, they were still doing stuff that I can't say.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #2298 on: 05 April 2012, 18:32:52 »

Not been in there for 10yrs, and that was for some rallying.  Obviously, 20yrs ago, they were still doing stuff that I can't say.

There's definitely nothing superspecialsecret going on there now, although it's getting money pumped into it from somewhere - there's a massive solar farm installed now (and a sign proudly proclaiming that the whole place is powered by renewable energy), a brand new guard hut (or whatever the civvie term for that is ;D).. and a new road running through the middle of the old airfields (so the way to the stuff on the far side is no longer around the old peri track)

I chuckled when I saw the sign for Banbury on the A41 and your comments on the area sprang to mind.. ;)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: 05 April 2012, 18:47:42 »

Well i won't be washing either of them. Seems it's ok for me to pay the immigrants to!
Curry makes the world go round!

05omegav6

« Reply #2300 on: 05 April 2012, 21:02:28 »

Thanks guys - Al, Addisson Windscreens are much more reasonable as you say!

Just need to get to & from Guildford tomorrow, now (£8 on the train .. or take the easy option and find a taxi ;D)
:y
For reference what was the cost in the end?

aaronjb

« Reply #2301 on: 05 April 2012, 21:04:51 »

Just need to get to & from Guildford tomorrow, now (£8 on the train .. or take the easy option and find a taxi ;D)

Including VAT and having them come to me instead of vice versa, about £270 - would have been more (+£70) if they'd had to replace the rubber trim.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: 05 April 2012, 21:07:03 »

Nipped into my local, friendly MOT station and booked an MOT for next week as I'll be handing the van keys over to an employee in the next 10 days or so :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #2303 on: 05 April 2012, 21:11:52 »

Including VAT and having them come to me instead of vice versa, about £270 - would have been more (+£70) if they'd had to replace the rubber trim.
:-y

Not too bad then allowing for the call out;-)
« Last Edit: 05 April 2012, 21:15:54 by taxi al »

05omegav6

« Reply #2304 on: 05 April 2012, 21:18:15 »

Nipped into my local, friendly MOT station and booked an MOT for next week as I'll be handing the van keys over to an employee in the next 10 days or so :y :y
:o

Brave. I wouldn't let me drive my car, let alone anyone else :-X

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: 05 April 2012, 21:20:34 »

:o

Brave. I wouldn't let me drive my car, let alone anyone else :-X

Van keys, not car ;) ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #2306 on: 05 April 2012, 21:26:52 »

::) that wasn't quite my point.

P.S not sure what my phone is doing tonight. Thought I was starting to get used to this touch screen android malarkey :-\ apparently I'm not ::) and no it's not a gay phone :P

feeutfo

« Reply #2307 on: 05 April 2012, 23:46:21 »

There's definitely nothing superspecialsecret going on there now, although it's getting money pumped into it from somewhere - there's a massive solar farm installed now (and a sign proudly proclaiming that the whole place is powered by renewable energy), a brand new guard hut (or whatever the civvie term for that is ;D).. and a new road running through the middle of the old airfields (so the way to the stuff on the far side is no longer around the old peri track)

I chuckled when I saw the sign for Banbury on the A41 and your comments on the area sprang to mind.. ;)
Reading.... And Slough (Slouding) area makes Banbury look like Toffville. Sorry, just does. :(

New rear vented discs and oe pads all round ordered from Andyc. Should be here next week. Ebc green stuff, tried, tested, soon to be binned. Shite!

OH, and most importantly, the prices Andy quoted are considerably cheaper than my dealer was quoting on 10% discount for trade customers. (items ordered not on tc)

We should bare him in mind more often I think. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: 06 April 2012, 04:26:23 »

We should bare him in mind more often I think. :y
That's why I haven't bothered with a TC card ;) It's only a 100 mile round trip to visit Andy :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: 06 April 2012, 10:18:46 »

Hi all got my omega back yesterday after it blew the head gasket last friday.....2nd one in 18 months it appears that last time it blew they did not skim the head and it was like a wavy ocean and they used an after market gasket...i still paid them for the skimming which they did not do...but hey thats life.This time a very good friend of mine who runs his own work shop did it for me....head skimmed...genuine head gasket....drill out and heli coiled the 2 broken manifold studs that the previous garage had snapped off....new cam belt kit with tensioners...water pump...cam cover gasket...oil and filter..antifreeze..so all great now and drives spot on...glad to have her back.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.