Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3145817 times)

JasonH and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

albitz

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #6195 on: 22 October 2013, 08:55:44 »

On the way to work this morning noticed immediately that the steering was pulling very badly to the left. Got an airline at work so just checked tyre pressures. Front n/s was at 12psi.  :o
Will check it again later in the day to check if its a slow puncture.

albitz

« Reply #6196 on: 22 October 2013, 15:52:49 »

Changed my interior light unit. Ignition was on while I did it.Now the airbag light is on. Is there a connection between the two ?  :-\

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: 22 October 2013, 16:20:13 »

Changed my interior light unit. Ignition was on while I did it.Now the airbag light is on. Is there a connection between the two ?  :-\

The only time there is was when the passenger seat had the sensor in it for disabling the airbag if a certain child seat was fitted.

An indicator illuminated in the interior light to indicate the airbag was off.

albitz

« Reply #6198 on: 22 October 2013, 16:27:06 »

Thanks Mark. Got a similar answer when I mentioned it in another thread in electrical. Swapped the units back over and light has gone out. So safe to assume it was a unit from one of my breakers with child seat sensor. :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #6199 on: 22 October 2013, 22:54:12 »

Another years ticket.

Advised, indicator bulbs going white. They're not. Brake pads low, their not. Oil leak, well of course its a bloody omega. ;D

And, slight brake force variation right rear. Looks like I owe EBC an apology. I thought it was the front discs, not the rear. :-[

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: 23 October 2013, 00:12:00 »

Another years ticket.

Advised, indicator bulbs going white. They're not. Brake pads low, their not. Oil leak, well of course its a bloody omega. ;D

And, slight brake force variation right rear. Looks like I owe EBC an apology. I thought it was the front discs, not the rear. :-[

No idea why we need Mot tests at all  ::)

result. :y

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: 23 October 2013, 00:14:22 »

Headlights were getting a bit matted and contemplated replacement. A bit of G3 compound and they look surprisingly good?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: 23 October 2013, 10:36:02 »

Drove it 23 miles up the M5 & M42 with a dead alternator and got to within 4 miles of home.

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: 23 October 2013, 17:34:00 »

Happy days..Straight thru mot today.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: 23 October 2013, 18:59:09 »

Drove it 23 miles up the M5 & M42 with a dead alternator and got to within 4 miles of home.
Hope you turned everything off (lights aside, if it was dark), as 19 miles isn't that far on a battery full of electricity.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: 23 October 2013, 20:06:33 »

Hope you turned everything off (lights aside, if it was dark), as 19 miles isn't that far on a battery full of electricity.
23 Miles  :y I needed to get another 4 on top of that!

As it was 6:30 in the morning I had no choice but to keep the lights on, Head unit was off (CID stays on though with the logo) but had to keep climate on as the screen was misting up and I really wasn't keen on having the windows open.
The battery is a little on the small side so it's now got the correct size VX one in it from my DTi (It was new about 12 months ago) that's regularly spent time on the CTEK since the DTi's demise!

I think I would have got back if I hadn't just passed a junction and had to drive to the next one to come back again!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: 23 October 2013, 20:17:55 »

if I hadn't just passed a junction and had to drive to the next one to come back again!
Silly arse ;D
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: 23 October 2013, 20:23:35 »

if I hadn't just passed a junction and had to drive to the next one to come back again!
Silly arse ;D
;D I'll have to try a U turn on the M42 / M5 intersection next time! A fear it won't go too well unless the crash barrier has been removed and there's no traffic!

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: 23 October 2013, 20:39:19 »

Last year I managed Chichester to Ringwood after the alternator light came on and then Ringwood to Honiton (with the AA van following me to see how long his spare battery could get me).

The heater fan takes a surprisingly large current. In the last mile driving through Honiton the windows steamed up so I switched the Climate Control on and only just managed to make it into the car park (where the AA man left us to spend the next 5 hours waiting for the AA recovery truck to take us back to Cornwall :()
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: 23 October 2013, 23:42:59 »

It's about what I managed (admittedly, the battery failed not long afterwards, so was probably not 100%). Luckily, my commute is about 19 miles (and I had a couple of grands worth of bench power supply in the car all day charging it up). ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.