Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Conversion  (Read 7880 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: LPG Conversion
« Reply #30 on: 21 February 2009, 23:02:55 »

This thread needed dusting down a tad I expect!!!

Your on-board computor will still give petrol MPG as it has been fooled into thinking you are running on petrol . Gas LPG is about 8-10% less than petrol due to the difference in Specific Gravity ..  so expect around 18 mpg on gas .. but as its about half the price of petrol ....  :)

old git

• Shrewsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 February 2009, 23:19:37 »

first run on mine thursday 50 miles around town and 220 from shrewsbury to mid wales and back.Returned about 23 to gall of Countrywide Gas @46p per ltr. Still bedding in shall check it on comp program again soon]

only go on top up value ie 55 ltrs The trip to wales was to visit two gas system retailers Have run senator and jeep on gas so know of false readings

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 February 2011, 16:41:35 »

Some very quickly taken piccies as requested ... I'm no David Bailey !!

Filler, looks OK, lines up nicely and is accessible at all times.

Filler from the inside

Tank, very neatly installed

Control switch - crap photo actually looks very neat

Engine bay overall

Left hand bank with pressure regulator, the "spare" plug is a pressure test connection for the diagnostic kit

Right hand bank

Filter

ECU, beside the pollen filter

Flash Lube kit

No pictures of the vaporiser I'm afraid .. its buried down behind/below the passenger side headlamp !! The vaporiser water pipes go right around the engine bay and connect by the HBV, but on the engine side not the heater side !!.

To my totally untrained eye, it all looks rather neat.... and it all seems to work !!

In my opinion, the filler neck should be down under the rear bumper on the opposide side of the tail exhaust pipe, since it does not seem original right next to the gas filler and it should not be good to drill the body as it seems badly. Sorry for not being agree with you... :(

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 February 2011, 20:46:59 »

Filler from the inside

Engine bay overall

Left hand bank with pressure regulator, the "spare" plug is a pressure test connection for the diagnostic kit

Right hand bank

Filter

Flash Lube kit

No pictures of the vaporiser I'm afraid .. its buried down behind/below the passenger side headlamp !! The vaporiser water pipes go right around the engine bay and connect by the HBV, but on the engine side not the heater side !!.

To my totally untrained eye, it all looks rather neat.... and it all seems to work !!

In my opinion, the filler neck should be down under the rear bumper on the opposide side of the tail exhaust pipe, since it does not seem original right next to the gas filler and it should not be good to drill the body as it seems badly. Sorry for not being agree with you... :(

As this thread's been dusted off ::)

You have to think of practicalities... For someone more mature in years (as the OP will be before he gets rid of the car ::)) having the filler low down isn't always a good thing ;)

Plus, the regulations here in the UK are probably more strict than they are in Turkey ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 February 2011, 20:52:14 »

Filler from the inside

Engine bay overall

Right hand bank

Filter

Flash Lube kit

You have to think of practicalities... For someone more mature in years (as the OP will be before he gets rid of the car ::)) having the filler low down isn't always a good thing ;)

Plus, the regulations here in the UK are probably more strict than they are in Turkey ;)

Thank you for that young man !!

It is also imparticable to have one below the bumper/on the tow bar / etc etc as I often refuel with the caravan attached. Access / ease of use were a consideration. :)
« Last Edit: 14 February 2011, 20:52:54 by entwood »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14 February 2011, 20:58:00 »

Filler from the inside

Engine bay overall

Right hand bank

Filter

Flash Lube kit

Thank you for that young man !!

It is also imparticable to have one below the bumper/on the tow bar / etc etc as I often refuel with the caravan attached. Access / ease of use were a consideration. :)

Had to word it carefully :D :D :D

TBH, I wanted mine in a similar place for ease of refuelling too :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #36 on: 14 February 2011, 21:11:44 »

I recently thought I was buying another LPG,d Mig, and the first thing I planned on sorting was moving the filler from down on the bumper up to the rear quarter beside the petrol filler.
The thought of faffing about down near the ground every time I fill up (especially on wet days when the bumper will be wet and filthy) seems ludicrous to me. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14 February 2011, 21:20:05 »

Thats my filler location, picture taken when the car was a tad cleaner  ::)

While its perfectly workable down there, there is a lot of flex in the bumper, so when hands are cold, tired and you in a hurry the bumper can move about it, also when its raining its not that great to be so low down.

I drilled the bumper, because I didn't want to drill body work. I think its best overall, not a real fan of number plate fillers, most times i fill up (Asda HighWycome) I have to park right up the arse of the car in front to get the filler to reach its current location.

omegabsw

• Intermediate Member
  • Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 February 2011, 23:13:29 »

Thats my filler location, picture taken when the car was a tad cleaner  ::)

While its perfectly workable down there, there is a lot of flex in the bumper, so when hands are cold, tired and you in a hurry the bumper can move about it, also when its raining its not that great to be so low down.

I drilled the bumper, because I didn't want to drill body work. I think its best overall, not a real fan of number plate fillers, most times i fill up (Asda HighWycome) I have to park right up the arse of the car in front to get the filler to reach its current location.

I really like it located there, looks real neat and tidy!

albitz

« Reply #39 on: 14 February 2011, 23:18:08 »

It does, but its impractical. ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #40 on: 15 February 2011, 01:38:15 »

Don't want the filler visible at all personally, and if it's going to be that low it may as well be behind the number plate, the nozzle will reach for the same parking position.

russ0205

• northants
    • mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15 February 2011, 07:57:28 »

If you have the filler low down won't it pick up all the muck from the rear wheel ? wouldn't bother me drilling the body if i was saving that much on fill ups. ;D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 15 February 2011, 21:36:05 »

I didn't consider putting mine anywhere else as this is the best place for it IMHO & drilling the panel is no big deal as long as you treat & repaint the bare metal properly afterwards. Also, I lightly 'keyed' my filler body & cap with a fine grade sandpaper & primed it with ' Plasticote' before  2 coats of base primer, 4 coats of finish & 2 coats of clear laquer & it's been done for 9 months now & is still as good as the day it was done with no sign of peeling etc. :y

If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 February 2011, 16:03:57 »

It does, but its impractical. ;)

Only if your an old fart  :P :P :P  ;D

albitz

« Reply #44 on: 16 February 2011, 16:55:15 »

Or a young dude going for a night out in winter. your wearing an expensive long coat, you bend right down to attach the filler to the bumper and your nice coat drags in the wet dirty crap around the pump......... ;) ::) :P ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.