Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Work sucks.  (Read 2202 times)

bertiecbx550

Re: Work sucks.
« Reply #30 on: 03 August 2007, 19:35:31 »

no..but i have been a tgwu member for over twelve years now..i`m starting to convince some of my colleagues to do the same an if we get enough then maybe we can to make abetter difference. I dont want to be scargill i just want a chance to do my job at the best of my abilities an get a decent wage for it...

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 August 2007, 19:36:24 »

well for a start i found a little comet rule thats being ignored every day by the the management...No comet home delivery crew is to be delivering b4 8am or after 6pm all vehicles are to be in the hdp platform by no later than 8pm.. i told this to my new hdp manager the other day an she said"ah but that is only a guideline..." so why when i enquired with our head office about this they told me"its never been a guideline..its a rule we have to stick too,otherwise our vehicle insurance will be null and void across the fleet the only exemption is to rdc vehicles i.e. hgv delivering to platforms and stores at night to restock.." so with this in my mind i talked to all the other drivers and mates at my hdp an some of us now refuse to deliver after 6pm even if we still have loads of drops to do its the only way we feel that we can bring this matter to the attention of senior management because one of these days someone is gonna get seriously hurt either a comet driver or mate or a member of the public....
Keep a list of vehicles used outside hours for a week or two and let head office know about it, if they aren't interested I'm sure their insurance company will be.

Now that is a good idea let the Insurance company put pressure on the firm that way nobody will get Involved an anonomous letter with certain details as the Capt. says  :y :y

bertiecbx550

« Reply #32 on: 03 August 2007, 19:40:30 »

well thankyou gents but i`m getting off my soap box on this sunny night  an going to enjoy the pizza that the pizza dude just brought an watch a film with the missus an unwind....thanx for all your comments and just remember we work to live..not live to work... :y

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 August 2007, 19:40:33 »

well there is always that but i have never been afraid to walk where angels fear to tread... i believe that some one should stand up for sumat that thay believe in and thats the one thing my dad taught me whilst growing up i may have a big gob and get into trouble somtimes for telling people what i really think but you live one life no rehearsals no second chances so just go for it....you only have to be true to your self and your family and friends...

I agree.. :y

Does not matter where you start work keep in mind if what they are asking you to do cost you money or points then dont do it..

I will work many many hours to the point of exhaustion not driving i may add to earn extra cash and pull a job out of the sh1t..That is my choice and wont cost me but earn me..They will tell you we can get someone else to do this job, they like threatening but i just smile and walk away sometimes for good,, call their bluff it works sometimes.. :y
Is the world ready for me..

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 August 2007, 19:42:50 »

no..but i have been a tgwu member for over twelve years now..i`m starting to convince some of my colleagues to do the same an if we get enough then maybe we can to make abetter difference. I dont want to be scargill i just want a chance to do my job at the best of my abilities an get a decent wage for it...
OK as a T&G member ring your local office, one of the RIOs will be able to advise you how to proceed.
If you don't know where to contact, I'm assuming you're in Region 5 (Midlands) so regional office is on Broad Street in Birmingham they will be able to point you in the direction of the local office.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.