Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Jimmy  (Read 1969 times)

amigov6

Re: Hello from Jimmy
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2007, 22:22:19 »

Hi,

Another newbie!  This one’s called Jimmy, who is 25 and lives in Dorset.

I don’t have an Omega at the moment but have recently been granted permission by the wife to get one.  Having always loved the cars I am now really excited and am doing as much research as I can before I go looking at them – I know what I am like and I would end up buying the first one I saw.

My budget won’t be huge (around £1500 to £2000) but I hope to pick up a nice V6 powered pre-facelift model, preferably with leather.  As I am not in any particular rush to buy, expect lots of questions over the next few weeks.

Cheers

Jimmy
:DWelcome Jimmy.  on my limited knowleadge first migs were L/M reg, (with cav/astra steering wheel) Mini facelifts looked much the same but have minor mods in out & underneath from about 96-Nreg up to W reg facelifts which i think stopped on a 53 plate & the difference is much more obvious in & out. As for spec & what to pay it's a minefield!!! Mine's only a cd but has full leather. CDX upwards are better specced but may not have leather. It depends on what the first owner wanted. Price wise as with any car buy the best you can, & if you want a v6 most are auto(manuals alittle rarer but worth no more)but budget for full cambelt/pulley kit. Mine was about to sieze a pulley @ 95,000 so glad i had it done. Cost me £235 with fitting but well worth it. Car cost me £950 with years mot & 6 months tax so if you're carefull you should find a cracker for 2 grand. Maybe a nice 3.0 Elite or an MV6? I'm jealous already, let us know how you get on. ;D

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 April 2007, 00:07:18 »

Welcome and happy shopping!

IMHO the cloth seats in the higher spec cars are pretty nice too.

spurno

• torquay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 April 2007, 10:46:02 »

hi jimmy,i only joined last week and i didn't have an omega then either.got mine on wednesday,a lovely 2.6 cdx estate.only had it two days and love it already.hope you find yours very soon.

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2007, 14:40:05 »

Hi Jimmy and welcome.  Good luck with your search.
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2007, 14:41:34 »

Hello and Welcome to the Site :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.