Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suffering noob... :(  (Read 2415 times)

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
Re: Suffering noob... :(
« Reply #15 on: 18 November 2008, 21:46:15 »

hiya and welcome to oof!
best place i found for the haynes manual was ebay!
V8!!!!

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 November 2008, 07:22:27 »

Hi All! Just found your forum. Well, I own a 1993 3.0L GM Omega Suprema CD (i live in Brazil, I guess this model was called Opel/Vauxhall Omega/Carlton (A)  Estate/Caravan elsewhere).

Well, I'm suffering with my car, sometimes I wish I had a ox-cart instead... It stops running from nothing and starts again... Finally I found some tips in many sites, including this forum and learned many others on my own. I have some questions, if you're patient with me...:

1) Can I get a full repair/service manual anywhere on earth? I
tried every site and every book store; Amazon.uk had the haynes manual and under request only!!!

1a) I know this forum have a lot of material, i even managed to print most of it, but I want a true manual, like those many makers have to their authorized service shops. I refuse to believe there aren't any.

1b) sometimes i want to set my car on fire. not many mechanics can even take a look at it. I had to learn mant things on my own, in order to keep it running... is this hard to find a good mechanic where you live? I'm in Brazil and there aren't many auto tranny f.e. competent mechanics. Those who are, wants to poke you in the eye, to say the least.

2) I need to check out my tranny. Is there anywhere a guide to this dirty job? I'll probably have to change the ATF, filter and maybe some torque converter. At shops, the guys ask what's is 1/2 the retail value of my car. See my point? As i'm quite mechanically inclined, i thought I could do this myself, if I had the manual.

Well. Thanks enough for you time. I'd like help to search and how/where to post well. Want not to make any mess around. Thanks again

Hello and welcome to the OOF :y

If you are quire mechanically minded you will be fine looking after your car with advice already published or posted on here. Failing that ask away and you WILL get the answers.

If I do find a Haynes book of lies Manual I'll see what I can do about getting a copy out to Brazil as I know someone who travels across there occasionally.

Add yourself to the OOF Map, it will be really cool to have a member down your way. I ave sent you a PM on how to use the map, the button is at the top of this page.

craig

• north wales/connah's quay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 November 2008, 08:48:13 »

Welcome to the oof :)

less

• Hemel Hempstead
    • 2.6 auto saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 November 2008, 22:10:30 »

Hi and welcome to the forum  :y

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2008, 11:39:19 »

Welcome to OOF   8-)
DaveL

lcdman

• Leeds, God's county
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2008, 21:48:49 »

Hi and welcome  :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.