Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pollen filter drain blocked  (Read 2641 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Pollen filter drain blocked
« Reply #15 on: 04 December 2006, 15:15:18 »

i just get my hand and arm down there, and clear it out.

Get a hose on jet setting push that down with your hand and guide it so its directly over the blocked hole and turn the hose on... ware wellies though!

Also park up with the wheel on full left lock, get behind the wheel and poke around the exit pipe, i had to do that for my project A... was messy business but got it clear in the end  :y

Yes, you just need a Tunnie, every tool kit should have one, just drop it in, give him a small spoon and wait for it to be cleaned out  :y.

I actualy use some hefty cable and poke it through the drain and then flush through.

Heh, thanks.

I am available for DIS Pack replacement, with my go go gadet arms and hands  ;)

BILL0BLU

• Isle of Anglesey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 December 2006, 12:06:56 »

A word of warning for any one thinking of having a poke round with some thing hard and sharp like a long screw driver. Down at the bottom usually under the water, there lives a length of wiring loom. So as your dad use to tell you be careful were you poke. By the way the drain rubber is right angled, it goes down then forward.
Cheers.........Bill :y

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 December 2006, 20:43:19 »

A word of warning for any one thinking of having a poke round with some thing hard and sharp like a long screw driver. Down at the bottom usually under the water, there lives a length of wiring loom. So as your dad use to tell you be careful were you poke. By the way the drain rubber is right angled, it goes down then forward.
Cheers.........Bill :y

No wires in mine Bill but may have changed on facelift.  Still good advice to be cautious. :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2006, 11:42:34 »

I can now confirm that by far the easiest way to clean this is to remove the passenger side head.....access is then very easy.

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 December 2006, 16:09:01 »

I can now confirm that by far the easiest way to clean this is to remove the passenger side head.....access is then very easy.

It'll stop the whining when you go to fast too. :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 December 2006, 17:59:13 »

Many thanks for the advice. Managed to clear it from the bottom by putting the steering on hard lock to the right for access behind the wheel. Then simply sticking a finger up the rubber shute to release a great mud slide followed very quickly by a litre of freezing cold dirty water straight down the arm and up the sleeve. Still at least its now clear.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 December 2006, 18:10:15 »

Well done on getting it sorted  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 December 2006, 18:33:46 »

Many thanks for the advice. Managed to clear it from the bottom by putting the steering on hard lock to the right for access behind the wheel. Then simply sticking a finger up the rubber shute to release a great mud slide followed very quickly by a litre of freezing cold dirty water straight down the arm and up the sleeve. Still at least its now clear.
:y

And the key is to keep it clear - every time you open bonnet for weekly (!) oil checks etc, put a cup of water down there....
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.