Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Face lift cruise  (Read 965 times)

Jame5m

• Wirral, England
    • View Profile
Face lift cruise
« on: 05 January 2007, 23:20:02 »

2 things,

1, is it the same control stalk for facelift and pre facelift models??

2, this clutch button, where is it and what does it look like?

cheers :y
"Heaven don't want me and hell is scared of a takeover bid"

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
Re: Face lift cruise
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2007, 08:03:58 »

I believe the control stalks are different and the clutch 'button' is the switch attached to the clutch pedal to disengage cruise when it's pressed.  There is a similar switch on the brake.

Personally, I don't think cruise is a worthwhile option on a manual car as there will be no up/down changes if needed.

What car do you own and what are your plans?
« Last Edit: 06 January 2007, 10:13:50 by Hillper »
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2007, 08:48:01 »

I thought the stalks were the same between facelift and prefacelift......i bought mine from a scrapyard and dont think it came of a facelift  :-/

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2007, 10:11:39 »

I think they are electrically the same, but aren't they a different shade of grey/black?
« Last Edit: 06 January 2007, 10:12:45 by Hillper »
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

Jame5m

• Wirral, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2007, 12:04:58 »

ive got a 2.6 MV6, and i do a hell of a lot of 5th gear motorway driving....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2007, 13:42:18 »

Cruise stalks the same for all Petrol omegas (BMW diesel one is different). Clutch switch is on the pedal, up near its pivot point (you'll have to remove that card trim)
Grumpy old man

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2007, 15:14:47 »

Cruise stalks the same for all Petrol omegas (BMW diesel one is different). Clutch switch is on the pedal, up near its pivot point (you'll have to remove that card trim)

AFAIK, not only is it the same for all petrol omegas, but the one from the Sintra is identical, and So are some of  the Vectra ones .
I replaced my Omega one with a Vectra one i got off ebay cheap (£4) when looking for a fault on my cruise control  , then realised all 3 were identical....   , checked this by removing the fitted ones from both my vehicles and comparing the three, visually AND with a meter to check electrical operation.

as it turned out, my fault was an incorrectly changed brake light switch, the garage (no longer used! ) changed it for one from a non Cruise model...   which only has half the contacts....  (non cruise ones are blue with 2 sets of contacts, cruise ones are black with 4 sets)

this switch interlinks with the cruise control AND gearbox , as well as the brake lights....  so it might be oin your list of things to add???

Max

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2007, 15:17:22 »

AFAIK, not only is it the same for all petrol omegas, but the one from the Sintra is identical, and So are some of  the Vectra ones .
I replaced my Omega one with a Vectra one i got off ebay cheap (£4) when looking for a fault on my cruise control  , then realised all 3 were identical....   , checked this by removing the fitted ones from both my vehicles and comparing the three, visually AND with a meter to check electrical operation.

as it turned out, my fault was an incorrectly changed brake light switch, the garage (no longer used! ) changed it for one from a non Cruise model...   which only has half the contacts....  (non cruise ones are blue with 2 sets of contacts, cruise ones are black with 4 sets)

this switch interlinks with the cruise control AND gearbox , as well as the brake lights....  so it might be oin your list of things to add???

Max

Veccy-B stalks are same, Veccy-C are different.  Facelifts should already have the 4 pin brake switch, assuming some numpty hasn't swapped it for some reason...
Grumpy old man

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2007, 22:13:09 »

There is a piccy in this thread of the switches mounted above the pedals, behind a removeable panel http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1165929926/41#41

Your manual is likely to have a brake switch (tested everytime you start the car) and its 50/50 if it has a white clutch switch - these cost £22+vat from Vx and just plug into place.

My wiper stalk came from www.leavalleymotors.co.uk and donor car was a 2.2 Vectra but although its slightly different in shade of black, once fitted you'd never tell.

TB recommends buy a new stalk from Vx cos he's had problems before, but see how cheap you can get one from Ebay as they are £31+vat new.

TBH cost aside I'd pay full price all over again to have it fitted and wouldn't be without it. HTH
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2007, 22:46:01 »

TB recommends buy a new stalk from Vx cos he's had problems before, but see how cheap you can get one from Ebay as they are £31+vat new.
All the ones I've bought 2nd hand (around 4) have failed within months. The failure usually causes full beam to come on unexpectedly...
Grumpy old man

Jame5m

• Wirral, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 January 2007, 23:17:50 »

i'll get my friends Mr's to get me one, she works in the service dept at a vx dealer ;)

will get it when i get my cambelt done,

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 January 2007, 23:31:38 »

All the ones I've bought 2nd hand (around 4) have failed within months. The failure usually causes full beam to come on unexpectedly...

It's cos you're missing a gearstick - don't be so rough  ;D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.