Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Track rod ends  (Read 2414 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Track rod ends
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2007, 16:38:20 »

Chopsdad were the wishbones done at a Vx dealer? - If so go in and complain, they should have spotted it.

Not having much luck with your car  :'( - Get these things sorted and you should be ok.

In 15k miles, only thing i have done to mine was a new exhaust, Original did 95k so can't complain! Also fixed a door lock solenoid & replaced the key (Thanks MarkDTM  :y) Also replaced the cam sensor...

But other than that for 15k miles on a 2.7k car can't complain!

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2007, 18:26:29 »

A fork type may be required to remove inward ball joints, so worth having both types...
ah yeah, of course ... I used one to split the joint at the bottom of the wishbone.

The Ebay track rod ends tend to be for pre-facelift, so care needed.
well - mine's a facelift, I removed the complete track rod and the one from VSC looked identical to the original ... there again, I did change the entire rod and not just the ends.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2007, 18:27:54 by sounds2k »

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 February 2007, 21:16:37 »

Chopsdad were the wishbones done at a Vx dealer? - If so go in and complain, they should have spotted it.

Not having much luck with your car  :'( - Get these things sorted and you should be ok.

In 15k miles, only thing i have done to mine was a new exhaust, Original did 95k so can't complain! Also fixed a door lock solenoid & replaced the key (Thanks MarkDTM  :y) Also replaced the cam sensor...

But other than that for 15k miles on a 2.7k car can't complain!

It's not so bad Tunnie - I've had it for nearly 4 years and had two steering columns replaced, gearbox oil changed and new door check straps all under warranty.  Since joining here all the little noises make sense and new wishbones, MAF, water pump and now track rods aint bad - and probably my fault for being invincible over speed bumps when it was new, and bouncing along dips in country lanes.  I also need 2 front mud flaps cos they're worn out from scraping on the floor  ;D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 17 queries.