Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maintenance?  (Read 1040 times)

Eddy Matthews

• Thornaby, Cleveland
    • View Profile
Maintenance?
« on: 17 February 2007, 22:19:50 »

Hi Guys,

I'm probably going to buy an Omega in the next 6-12 months, but I wondered if there was anyone in the north east (I'm near Middlesbrough) who would be prepared to do the normal mechanical/electrical maintenance for me - Obviously I'm happy to pay, I just don't want to pay extortionate dealer type prices!

The reason I ask is that after three lots of spinal surgery, my days of crawling around under cars are long gone!

So I need someone whose competent with Omegas, or a recommendation for a decent small garage that won't charge the earth - Would anyone be prepared to help, or recommend somewhere?

I'd also like to find someone reasonably local who would be prepared to look over any potential purchase - Again, I'd pay for you time. I don't expect something for nothing!  ;)

Regards
Eddy
« Last Edit: 17 February 2007, 22:20:58 by Eddy_Matthews »

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
Re: Maintenance?
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2007, 22:21:39 »

Hi Guys,

I'm probably going to buy an Omega in the next 6-12 months, but I wondered if there was anyone in the north east (I'm near Middlesbrough) who would be prepared to do the normal mechanical/electrical maintenance for me - Obviously I'm happy to pay, I just don't want to pay extortionate dealer type prices!

The reason I ask is that after three lots of spinal surgery, my days of crawling around under cars are long gone!

So I need someone whose competent with Omegas, or a recommendation for a decent small garage that won't charge the earth - Would anyone be prepared to help, or recommend somewhere?

I'd also like to find someone reasonably local who would be prepared to look over any potential purchase - Again, I'd pay for you time. I don't expect something for nothing!  ;)

Regards
Eddy

Me!!! Darlington
« Last Edit: 17 February 2007, 22:25:22 by omegav6cd »

Eddy Matthews

• Thornaby, Cleveland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2007, 08:58:56 »

Thankyou, that's great - As I said it will be 6-12 months before I buy a car, I still have 12 months to go with my current lease hire vehicle, so there's no point in buying a car right now just so it can stand around doing nothing!

I'm after an estate, probably a V6 - Trim level isn't that important, the main priority is to find a car with excellent bodywork that is as reliable as possible. My budget is around £4000.

For my own peace of mind, a cambelt/tensioner/waterpump change would be the most likely first job, so an idea of cost for that would be appreciated - Obviously via a PM, I don't expect (or want) you to discuss such things on an open forum. It also appears that a bit of travelling will be involved to find the right car, so I'd also like an idea of how much you would charge to inspect a vehicle assuming it could be upto 100 miles away, so it's not a quick pop round the corner to look at it!

Regards
Eddy

Eddy Matthews

• Thornaby, Cleveland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2007, 12:53:35 »

PM replied to, thanks Kostas...

Eddy

sophos9

• Intermediate Member
  • Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2007, 14:42:31 »

Wheels in motion should know  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.