Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhaust Mods.....Anyone ?  (Read 833 times)

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
Exhaust Mods.....Anyone ?
« on: 15 June 2007, 15:20:29 »

On having a little crawl and grope under my 2.5 Omega CD I notice that initially she has 2 sets of pipes and boxes leading to the rear which then amagamate in to the final rear box and single pipe.

Has anyone ever changed this set up somehow, either by a custom exhaust or a small "last minute" mod to include for 2 rear boxes and pipes AND does it really make any differance to noise/performance.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated as I', itching to spend some more money which I haven't got ???

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust Mods.....Anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2007, 15:36:09 »

On having a little crawl and grope under my 2.5 Omega CD I notice that initially she has 2 sets of pipes and boxes leading to the rear which then amagamate in to the final rear box and single pipe.

Has anyone ever changed this set up somehow, either by a custom exhaust or a small "last minute" mod to include for 2 rear boxes and pipes AND does it really make any differance to noise/performance.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated as I', itching to spend some more money which I haven't got ???

Standard exhaust pretty free flowing anyway.

Could fit the twin exit 3.0 backbox... but not sure what gains you would get... I suspect little to none..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2007, 21:57:46 »

Not much restriction in the standard exhausts, except manifold.

As to extra noise, not really my scene so never looked, but when you get a custom made up, you can specify if you want it noisy (too noisy will be mot fail)
Grumpy old man

Cav9_4

• Omega Knight
  • Sutton-In-Ashfield,Notts
  • 2003 Omega 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2007, 22:20:35 »

Hi,mines custom made...have a look see what you think,some like it,some don't...Wayne

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1160685135/0#0

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2007, 00:19:54 »

Irmscher used to do a split system, it was really dear but looked the part.

One thing i would say, irmscher used to get their exhausts made for them by companies like Remus and scorpion, these are designed specifcally for the car and have been flowed for the optimum performance and noise as well as being E marked.
the aftermarket stainless systems are very hit and miss, the quality can be at the best ok and worst diabolical, the will give little/no improvment in performance and have not been tested for the car they are being fitted to, the exhaust boxes are generic and so for a car like an omega that flows a lot of gas it cold end up being a restriction.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2007, 09:21:21 »

Yes I have the double D irmscher exhaust, there is a slight difference in noise, but not much, they also do a twin split system. the rear double d silencer was £360.71, £423.83 inc. VAT. Not sure if there was a diferrence with the split silencers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.