Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned ex-plod MV6?  (Read 3629 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned ex-plod MV6?
« Reply #30 on: 21 September 2007, 20:58:16 »

I would suggest report it to the police, main reason that it may be stolen/abandoned.  Someones pride and joy may be have gone AWOL...

Also remember as it appears untaxed it may also be uninsured.  Perhaps the latest owner simply has not managed to sort such niceties out yet but if that person or some passing ringpiece who breaks into it, drives off or releases the handbrake and hits you or your car/propery, then there is no insurance payout and your pocket suffers.....

My family fleet of 4 cars and 2 motorbikes are all taxed, MOT'd, insured and road legal.   Whether you agree with the taxation of vehicles etc or not, I know it irks me and others when some do not pay their share of the way....    ::)

geoff

• thornaby,stockton on tees
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 September 2007, 21:00:14 »

I would suggest report it to the police, main reason that it may be stolen/abandoned.  Someones pride and joy may be have gone AWOL...

Also remember as it appears untaxed it may also be uninsured.  Perhaps the latest owner simply has not managed to sort such niceties out yet but if that person or some passing ringpiece who breaks into it, drives off or releases the handbrake and hits you or your car/propery, then there is no insurance payout and your pocket suffers.....

My family fleet of 4 cars and 2 motorbikes are all taxed, MOT'd, insured and road legal.   Whether you agree with the taxation of vehicles etc or not, I know it irks me and others when some do not pay their share of the way....    ::)
totally agree get it reported to the police :y :y :y

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #32 on: 21 September 2007, 22:03:09 »

like the signature Jim

d'ya reckon everyone's should be the same style? rows of photos ??

it could take off! ;D
Its the way ahead :y
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Nickbat

« Reply #33 on: 21 September 2007, 22:21:42 »

totally agree get it reported to the police :y :y :y

OK, if it's still there in the morning I'll report it. I could phone now, but as it's 10.30 on a Friday night I think a call to my local nick about it would be as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit!

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 22 September 2007, 12:02:22 »

do i spy damage to the n/s wing? the trim under the headlight is out of place aswell, not to mention the obvious state of the drivers door mirror

not very well looked after if thats actually not stolen!

but more importantly, you all should get a row of photos of your car and stick them in your signature!! :y

Nickbat

« Reply #35 on: 22 September 2007, 12:27:37 »

Phone the police this morning. It's an ex-Essex Constabulary car which was sold at auction. The police have no interest in the vehicle (not reported stolen) and they have referred it to the London Borough of Barnet. Apparently a local resident reported it yesterday, too. Looks like it will be towed away and crushed.  :'(

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22 September 2007, 12:32:26 »

Phone the police this morning. It's an ex-Essex Constabulary car which was sold at auction. The police have no interest in the vehicle (not reported stolen) and they have referred it to the London Borough of Barnet. Apparently a local resident reported it yesterday, too. Looks like it will be towed away and crushed.  :'(

does that mean its not down as registered to anyone?

can you make enquiries about buyin it for spares or not?

Martin_1962

« Reply #37 on: 22 September 2007, 12:47:13 »

Break it quick then!

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 September 2007, 12:54:27 »

Break it quick then!

sods law dictates that as soon as he strips some bits off, the owner will return :D

megaomega123

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22 September 2007, 13:00:34 »

I found a stolen motorbike just over a year ago. I phoned the police and they didn't want to know. I told them that if it stays there it will get nicked again.

I ended up putting it in my back garden. I eventually tracked down the owner, who said he was happy to let his insurance deal with it. He gave me his insurance company details. To cut a long story short I managed to get £250 from the insurance company for storage of the bike  :y
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

IrmscherKris

• Intermediate Member
  • Manchester
  • banned due to bad trader references
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22 September 2007, 15:43:50 »

Looks like it will be towed away and crushed.  :'(

Oh, well done!  ::)

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 September 2007, 16:09:42 »

It's not been taxed/seems to have been written off in 2005 according to DVLA vehicle enquiry?  :-?

IrmscherKris

• Intermediate Member
  • Manchester
  • banned due to bad trader references
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22 September 2007, 16:14:09 »

It's not been taxed/seems to have been written off in 2005 according to DVLA vehicle enquiry?  :-?
Well, it doesnt matter anymore cos who ever was down on their luck is about to get it worse.

Been there, done that  :(

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 September 2007, 16:50:01 »

Well, it doesnt matter anymore cos who ever was down on their luck is about to get it worse.

Been there, done that  :(

If the Council do things the same down there as up here then it will get either a 7 day or 21 day notice to remove it or it will be towed away.

That should be enough of an incentive for an unlucky owner to get his or her digit removed and shift the car.  

Nickbat

« Reply #44 on: 22 September 2007, 19:37:46 »

Looks like it will be towed away and crushed.  :'(

Oh, well done!  ::)

Not my fault! A resident had already spoken to the police about it. Knowing the location of the car, its overall state and the absence of audio equipment and tax disc, I don't think that there's any "poor owner" out there. It's been deliberately dumped in the hope that someone else can get rid of it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.