Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor and sluggish acceleration?  (Read 1013 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Poor and sluggish acceleration?
« on: 28 September 2007, 18:17:11 »

Another one for you P reg 2.0ltr auto. My dads' car has now poor acceleration and is sluggish when pulling away and when bieng driven normally. i thought it was down to the front pipe and cat but that has been checked and thats fine. Could this be a result of.........

1) HT lead's starting to break down?
2) Oil in the plug well's?
also has an oil leak but this is red oil not engine oil. Not to sure where it is coming from but its coming from the front of the car. I believe it could be the power steering fluid resivuoir but not sure.
Could anyone point me in the right direction as it is bugging my dad. He has had the car for ten years from new, it's also had regular service's by a garage who knew the car and my dad but then closed down after 20 year's of service (was a franchise) and now has to take it to hemel hempstead to the main stealer's who are dumber than dumb. I just want to help him out in saving money as he is now an OAP and doesn't have much money (yeah right!) thats what he tells me! So if there is anyone out there that has the same problem's and rectified them could you help an old man sort his pride and joy out for him (and me cos then he will say thankyou)

Cheers Paul  :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
Re: Poor and sluggish acceleration?
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2007, 18:22:29 »

Hi Paul,
Have you tried the obvious service items - plugs/air/fuel filter?  If not I would say that is the first stop.
On 2.0 as you know a good clean of the throttle body breathers would likely do it a power of good too.

Cheers

Ian

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2007, 18:40:41 »

Hi Paul,
Have you tried the obvious service items - plugs/air/fuel filter?  If not I would say that is the first stop.
On 2.0 as you know a good clean of the throttle body breathers would likely do it a power of good too.

Cheers

Ian

This started to happen after my dad got it home from having a full service from the stealer's. When he picked the car up it drove fine when he got home he parked it up and left it. Then it started to have the oil leak so he took it back and the hose clip was loose on the resivuior and that was retightened. Drove home and all was fine, parke the car up and left for a few day's. After a few days went by he used the car again and thats when it had poor performance but he thought it was the front pipe cat but has had that checked today and that is fine as well. Now he is lost on whats wrong with it so am I. All the usual things have been done by the dealer (so we think). I will be going up to him in October (if ths meet doesn't come off) to see if I can sort the problem out when I have driven it BUT the throttle body,IACV and the breather's will get checked/cleaned as well after I have driven it and again when they have been cleaned to see if this improves it at all.
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

Grumpy

• Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2007, 18:45:32 »

1) Check the EML light is working. It may have blown and you may be in 'Limp Mode'
without knowing it.
2) Do a paperclip test and check for stored faults.
3) Check the the 3 Vac pipes to the throttle body for condition and security.
4) Check the main Vac pipe to the Inlet manifold that feeds the brake servo
and cabin heating system.
5) Check air filter. Remove it and check the feed to it is not blocked.
6) Check for full and free movement of the throttle cable and Butterfly.
7) Check throttle body for cleanliness.
8) Check for binding brakes/handbrake.
9) Replace fuel filter and check for fuel flow to the fuel rail.
10) Check condition of Dispack, Plugs and leads.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2007, 19:28:38 »

I changed lambda sensors and performance changed considerably

ps: I take the cats out and changed with silencers..Now I need new tires to catch the road..(another time)

I dont estimate taking the cats out will increase the power ..if I force the accelerator car become mad..
« Last Edit: 28 September 2007, 19:59:28 by cem_devecioglu »

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2007, 13:23:26 »

Did the full service include plugs and fuel filter?  It may well not have, in which case I would give these a go first.   Could a plug lead have got dislodged from the DIS pack?  Difficult I know when you don't have the car in front of you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.