Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolant flush - 2.2 DTi 2003  (Read 3444 times)

ChocolateMonster

• Taunton, Somerset
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant flush - 2.2 DTi 2003
« Reply #15 on: 01 October 2007, 12:00:49 »

Fair enough - looks about right to me. Right engine, specification and year. So should be about right!!

But how do you know that only 4 litres of the 7.9 actually drain out? Is this based on experience/knowledge of the capacity of the radiator?

Also - do you have any thoughts on whether the header tank should be removed, flushed out and refitted as part of the flushing process?
In the words of Mario Andretti, "If everything is under control, then you're not going fast enough..."

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 October 2007, 12:08:21 »

But how do you know that only 4 litres of the 7.9 actually drain out? Is this based on experience/knowledge of the capacity of the radiator?

I am NOT saying this ... god knows how much drains out . ...!! but as long as it's more than 4 litres who cares ?? drain it flush it drain it until clear, drain for the last time .. add 4 litres of antifreeze, top up with water until full .. you now have 4 ltres of anti freeze in a 7.9 ltr system .. = nearly 50/50 !!

:)

Headertank will empty and refill every time you drain ..so will be flushed along with the rest of the system.

Personally I run the engine with the heater on full hot for at least 30 minutes every fill, really runs the water around the system

ChocolateMonster

• Taunton, Somerset
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 October 2007, 12:23:17 »

:o Oh yeah - sorry, being a prat!! I hadn't mentally latched onto the "top it up with water" bit!!

Thanks for the help on this.

I think I am pretty clear on it all now, and I'll let you know how I get on!!

Once again, many thanks for all the help, and sorry for being thick....
In the words of Mario Andretti, "If everything is under control, then you're not going fast enough..."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 17 queries.