Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Project Tractor engine swap  (Read 46421 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Project Tractor engine swap
« Reply #180 on: 23 August 2007, 22:19:36 »

As for the starter connections...

Big red cable to main screw lug (obvious)
2.5mm2 cable in Black red to connector 50
0.5mm2 cable in Black/Green to connector 38H

The last connection goes to the fuel filter heater relay.

As for the control solenoid on the pump, the wiring diagram sudgests that both pumps have them.
And the forth cable, not mentioned in haynes wiring diags goes to the big connector as well, as its the alternetor output  - connecting to the start3er relay has obvious effects ::)
Grumpy old man

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 23 August 2007, 22:30:12 »

just meant to say don't forget all 4 injectors as they different nozzles and flow rates not just the centre one with the connector. Dont know set up of Omega pump, but normally you can get to them with a bit more cursing and stripping bits off like engine mounts etc....
Look forward to hearing how it goes. Sorry have to log off now SWMBO is dragging me upstairs and not just to sleep me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  wehey :y :y. Didn't realise is was that time of year already ;D ;D ;D
You came in that, your braver than i thought

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 24 August 2007, 08:39:02 »

now getting code 34 (no rather eml though - thats why beemer owners think their heap of crap is so reliable, it never brings on warning light)

34 - injector timing out of range

bugger.

hooray!!! that concurs with the running problems!!!! simply put the injectors are putting to much fuel in amd the ecu cant back it off!!!  got to be pump sensor, or pieco lead injector!!! :y
According to EPC, the solenoid is the same on both engines. ALL the injectors are different, reading between the lines in TIS, they have a different spray pattern.

Anyone know where I can get a removal tool for the injectors?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 24 August 2007, 08:39:35 »

just meant to say don't forget all 4 injectors as they different nozzles and flow rates not just the centre one with the connector. Dont know set up of Omega pump, but normally you can get to them with a bit more cursing and stripping bits off like engine mounts etc....
Look forward to hearing how it goes. Sorry have to log off now SWMBO is dragging me upstairs and not just to sleep me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  wehey :y :y. Didn't realise is was that time of year already ;D ;D ;D
you mean all 6 ;)
Grumpy old man

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 24 August 2007, 12:47:25 »

you mean all 6 ;)

Of course sorry mind was on other things   ;D ;D :y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 24 August 2007, 12:53:08 »

you mean all 6 ;)

Of course sorry mind was on other things   ;D ;D :y :y
So, to clarify, as pump and solenoid in pump have same part numbers, I just need to change injectors over.

If that doesn't cure it, do I then need to adjust the pump timing?
Grumpy old man

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 24 August 2007, 13:00:56 »

Definately change injectors over. if pump which comes with solenoid is the same part no. for early and late then you don't need to swop solenoid. Do injectors and see what happens. Like i said before if engine was running okay before i wouldn't start playing with pump timing just yet. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 24 August 2007, 13:05:13 »

Definately change injectors over. if pump which comes with solenoid is the same part no. for early and late then you don't need to swop solenoid. Do injectors and see what happens. Like i said before if engine was running okay before i wouldn't start playing with pump timing just yet. :)
Need to find a tool to remove injectors with - looks like a big, deep socket.  And the one with the electric connector, how does tha come off?
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 24 August 2007, 13:11:51 »

I need to have a further look at the wiring info as there was one slight difference I noted on the scms between the two pumps which could be changed in the loom setup.....it could also be nothing more than error on the pump symbol.

It was related to the pump feedback sensors (potentiometers), it looked like there could be a difference......may be nothing but, I will check anyway.

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 24 August 2007, 13:13:27 »

The socket is more like a ring spanner at the bottom, half the tube part of the socket is missing with a full 1/2"" connection in the top. Would lend you mine but its out on loan at the mo. and as usual can't get hold of the "mate" whose borrowed it.  :-[ looks a bit like this from the side:  [  . Laser do a good socket and their tools have been good quality lately :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 24 August 2007, 13:15:30 »

The socket is more like a ring spanner at the bottom, half the tube part of the socket is missing with a full 1/2"" connection in the top. Would lend you mine but its out on loan at the mo. and as usual can't get hold of the "mate" whose borrowed it.  :-[ looks a bit like this from the side:  [  . Laser do a good socket and their tools have been good quality lately :y
Where can I get one - Brackley Autosave won't sell it.

Know what size it is?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 24 August 2007, 13:17:09 »

I need to have a further look at the wiring info as there was one slight difference I noted on the scms between the two pumps which could be changed in the loom setup.....it could also be nothing more than error on the pump symbol.

It was related to the pump feedback sensors (potentiometers), it looked like there could be a difference......may be nothing but, I will check anyway.
If you could, that would be appreciated.  I was really hoping to get this going this weekend, as need it for Wales meet, but currently, I can't see a resolution  :'(
Grumpy old man

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 24 August 2007, 13:35:17 »

Must confess been a while since i bought the socket so can't remember what size it is. But http://www.lasertools.co.uk/tools.aspx?cat=197 is the web site for laser go to automotive then diesel then injector sockets, but you'll need to know the size don't know if tis can help you or epc. Sorry don't know how to set up links :-[ hope this helps :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 24 August 2007, 16:14:18 »

Any diesel experts passing Brackley this weekend, feel free to drop in :P
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 25 August 2007, 08:28:23 »

Omegatoy is popping round for a couple of hours around midday :D

Today could be make or break day for the tractor  :-/
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.