Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aircon - works one side only  (Read 1156 times)

bates1963

• View Profile
Aircon - works one side only
« on: 18 November 2007, 15:41:33 »

Hi all,
I have a 2001 facelift 2.5V6 auto saloon.

The aircon is only working on the drivers side - the passenger side just pumps out ice-cold air while the blower is on. The rear passenger area gets nice hot air just like the drivers side.

The drivers side is fully adjustable just as it should be - but the left side cannot be adjusted at all even though the controls and displays seem fine - any ideas???????????

Many thanks in advance  :)

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
Re: Aircon - works one side only
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2007, 17:57:51 »

im not sure but you can try and reset the heaters there is a how two on here ,i cant quite remember i think you turn the car on and hold off and auto fof a few secs then you should here the fans moving,,
mmeeggaa

bates1963

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2007, 18:13:57 »

Hi Raximax,

Thanks for that. I've already tried this but it seems to make no difference. The fans are blowing ok but are sending through air that seems to be as cold as ice - it's as though it's stuck on the lowest aicon temperature on the passenger side. If I go to the ECO setting it's mildly warmer but not what I would call true warm or hot.

All the control adjusters change the air flow direction as they should - it's just not possible to get anything warm or hot on the passenger side.

Thanks,
Mike

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2007, 18:20:28 »

mmm sounds like you might be right but the driver side should control that to unless its a sticking relay keeping your a/c on can you here the engine note change when you push the eco button
mmeeggaa

bates1963

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2007, 18:39:38 »

Come to think of it I'm not sure that it does. it certainly changes the engine note when I turn the aircon on - but not sure that the ECO does - don't think it does actually now you mention it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 18 queries.