Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alarm  (Read 628 times)

chelskifl

• chertsey
  • Yaba Daba Do Omega I Luv U
    • View Profile
alarm
« on: 30 April 2008, 18:04:33 »

a rock went under my car a few moths back then suddenly smoke started poring in through the vents ,,, nightmare stopped lifted the bonnet and noticed a smell of burning,, oh by the way i could not turn the engine off, took key out still ran , had to remove relay.. anyway
found that the alarm horn was burntout, i meen realy burnt, chared a few wires round the box... so i removed it and got hold of a second hand one on ebay.. while i was waiting i put the car up on ramps to see what damage the rock had done.. to my suprise nothing a small dent in the sump, but nothing to wright home about.....

a few day later the alarm sounder arrived i refitted it and rewired the bad wiring.
test.... central locking works red light on dash flashes , drives 100%
when i lock it indicators flash doors lock..

so im stummped. how can i test to see if the sounder is working, im impuzzled about the rock and why the sounder should go up in smoke :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: alarm
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2008, 19:51:01 »

Are you sure the two are related?

Not surprised about the power sounder. The batteries leak conductive goo and the supplies to this device don't appear to be fused. ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

alanfp

• Chelmsford, Essex
    • View Profile
Re: alarm
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2008, 00:05:15 »

I think you could test it by arming the alarm having left the windows open, and then waving your arms inside the car (or arm it while you're sitting in the car and doing the same - might be more comfortable). I assume there are movement sensors?

Or leave the bonnet off the catch , set the alarm and then raise the bonnet?

Or , with the alarm NOT armed, disconnect the battery.
Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.