Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wipers  (Read 1444 times)

feeutfo

Re: Wipers
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2009, 20:07:09 »

agree with Andy, as if it was needed, have been playing with this myself, the nut on the arm to motor has come loose. Trying to work out which direction, but i think, loosen the nut put the wipers back in the correct position and retighten. May need the scuttle off first time you do it, although, haveing said that i didnt notice the arrows on the frame when i changed the rose joint link arms the other day.

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2009, 22:45:05 »

agree with Andy, as if it was needed, have been playing with this myself, the nut on the arm to motor has come loose. Trying to work out which direction, but i think, loosen the nut put the wipers back in the correct position and retighten. May need the scuttle off first time you do it, although, haveing said that i didnt notice the arrows on the frame when i changed the rose joint link arms the other day.

That's all it took to fix mine 12m ago and no problems since.  Take the easy option first as above  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

BigAl

• Bromley, Kent
    • '07 Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2009, 23:02:58 »

Same here on my previous Mig, about 30 - 45 minutes from bonnet up to bonnet down. Dead easy job, from memory pull arm off motor spindle, adjust the rotation of the arm, push back onto motor spindle, hand tighten all nuts and try the wipers, adjust if neccesary once happy tighten all nuts and re-fit the bits you removed to get to the motor. Job's a good 'un :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.