Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil Pressure- Urgent HELP!  (Read 8658 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Oil Pressure- Urgent HELP!
« Reply #45 on: 08 April 2010, 22:36:46 »

Josh .. PM ..  :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #46 on: 08 April 2010, 22:38:32 »

mentioning 48 hrs to solve this problem is at least "rude" by any language..

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 April 2010, 23:02:42 »

Josh, if you can get the car back to yours, I will endeavour to fix it for you.

I understand you will be doing me a huge favour when the right estate comes along ::) - so it will be FOC from a labour perspective  ;)

James, you're such a good mate. I've been on the lookout for an estate, Paul may have one coming along shortly, but may have found two. One suitable for each.
I do love Omega's, but they can be troubelsome...I may give them a miss for a bit after this. I always think that, then buy one anway  :D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 April 2010, 23:04:42 »

Keep at it Josh - maybe they are sometimes troublesome, but, as an example, I am lost with this Pug - I wish I was maintaining a Mig, regardless of my 58mpg!

You have the support of all of us with these machines, unfortunately - sh!t happens, but, it can be overcome  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 April 2010, 23:18:51 »

mentioning 48 hrs to solve this problem is at least "rude" by any language..

Agreed. Had the buyer been reasonable, recognised that your doing anything was going to be above any beyond.. and accepted that any help would be on your terms and as and when you could arrange it, it would be OK.

With his current attitude, I would say you should offer him a refund and collect the car as and when you can, or nowt. Otherwise, every time there's the slightest rattle, he'll pester you, IMHO. It's all very well being amicable in such situations, but it takes both sides to meet in the middle somewhere. With his current attitude he doesn't deserve too much slack to be cut IMHO.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 April 2010, 23:25:51 »

Unfortunately none have tow bars, the Transit doesn't and has no MOT or Tax, so that can't be used, otherise that would be an ideal vehicle really to use. I think my only course is to give him a full refund, and just get the vehicle back to me. I'm really hoping it's something simple and it can be fixed. He did say he wants to keep the car if I can fix it, but he's giving me about 48 hours to get it done. He has another car, so it's not like his stuck. I understand he's not pleased, I'm not sure how to play it. I want to try and do everything as much as he wants, but I don't see how I can.

If he is being funny and demanding a repair within 48 hours then don't take it back. Whats to say he hasn't thought I don't like this and ragged it like a gooden and done the damage himself? If he was resonable then yes, I understand what you would like to do, fix it etc I would do the same. On the same token if he was being rude which is how it comes across as you're not legally obliged to do anything I'd tell him to piss off.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 April 2010, 23:30:50 »

Unfortunately none have tow bars, the Transit doesn't and has no MOT or Tax, so that can't be used, otherise that would be an ideal vehicle really to use. I think my only course is to give him a full refund, and just get the vehicle back to me. I'm really hoping it's something simple and it can be fixed. He did say he wants to keep the car if I can fix it, but he's giving me about 48 hours to get it done. He has another car, so it's not like his stuck. I understand he's not pleased, I'm not sure how to play it. I want to try and do everything as much as he wants, but I don't see how I can.

If he is being funny and demanding a repair within 48 hours then don't take it back. Whats to say he hasn't thought I don't like this and ragged it like a gooden and done the damage himself? If he was resonable then yes, I understand what you would like to do, fix it etc I would do the same. On the same token if he was being rude which is how it comes across as you're not legally obliged to do anything I'd tell him to piss off.

I think that's about where my thoughts were leading at the end of my reply. :y

If you go in with guns blazing ranting and raving and throwing your teddies out of the pram before trying to amicably sort out a problem you rarely get the outcome you want in life.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 April 2010, 23:34:54 »

If you go in with guns blazing ranting and raving and throwing your teddies out of the pram before trying to amicably sort out a problem you rarely get the outcome you want in life.

Kevin
Nail, head! If he had been reasonable, then I would totally agree with what Josh is doing. With that attitude, I'd say sort it yourself. You don't have to do anything and you are, so he should accept any help he gets!
« Last Edit: 08 April 2010, 23:35:17 by LSG_1 »
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08 April 2010, 23:41:14 »

Kevin

Josh - to echo my PM, I agree with Kevin.

As I said earlier, a resolution is either on your terms, or not at all.

At the end of the day, if you said to a small claims court:

"I offered him a full refund or a suitable repair within 2 weeks, but he refused becuase I couldn't do it in 48 hours"...

... they will take the view that you have made every effort, and I will imagine the outcome being in your favour ;)

With all respect, it's an old Omega for a grand or two - not a 20k Rangie or simelar...

All in perspective Josh.. don't lose sleep - give me a ring, as per the PM  :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #54 on: 08 April 2010, 23:50:04 »

if he is reading our lines , must get the lesson ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09 April 2010, 10:15:55 »

if he is reading our lines , must get the lesson ;D

Not impossible, of course. ::)

Will look out for newbies. :y

Kevin

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09 April 2010, 10:21:47 »

1/2 a plan ... Josh picks up bar from TB while I drive to oxford, pick up Josh & bar .. down to Farnborough .. I tow it back with Josh driving ???

EDIT .. or use my pikey bar with Tunnies idea ???

Entwood, you're such a top bloke  :y
But I'd feel bad you going out of your way by so much, unlitmately it's my problem and don't want to cause you any trouble.

Towing with bar is not too bad, as its a manual should be fine.  But, its good 60 miles  :-/

Most simple route is M3/M25/M40, trailer could be best way, officially you are over weight though, depends if plod would be nit picky  :-/

I am not around till Sunday, but if you need extra pair of hands i can be about  :y
If your going motorway trailer is a must. You can tow a car off the motorway with a rope or bar but you can't tow onto a motorway IIRC.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2010, 10:22:05 by Elite_Pete »
Retired

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09 April 2010, 10:31:08 »

If your going motorway trailer is a must. You can tow a car off the motorway with a rope or bar but you can't tow onto a motorway IIRC.

My interpretation was that you can tow a car on a rope to the next junction, but you're OK to tow on/onto a motorway with a rigid bar. A frames are another grey area.  ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09 April 2010, 10:40:33 »

I am a bit tight for parking space at the moment as the garage is filling up with bits of Westfield and kitchen appliances I'm shortly going to be nagged to fit.

However, if you need to get it out of Farnborough to a place where a further plan can be formulated for repair or onward recovery I'll see what I can do.

Kevin

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 09 April 2010, 10:51:08 »

I am a bit tight for parking space at the moment as the garage is filling up with bits of Westfield and kitchen appliances I'm shortly going to be nagged to fit.

However, if you need to get it out of Farnborough to a place where a further plan can be formulated for repair or onward recovery I'll see what I can do.

Kevin
At least you haven't got a prefacelift cluttering garage any more ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.