Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega drift car  (Read 5663 times)

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
Re: Omega drift car
« Reply #15 on: 14 September 2010, 23:42:01 »

i dunno where my springs came from because they were second hand, but they are definately -60, because i measured from the floor to wheel arch on each corner before and after fitting. I am pretty sure they are PI though, and i have seen them on ebay before.

I THINK that the manual 2.5 v6 diffs are 3.90

The 4.22 is definately the one to go for. acceleration is transformed and the car now hits the limiter in top gear at 149mph
[/highlight]

mine was go up only up to 145MPH on 4,22

weasel

• norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 September 2010, 07:39:45 »

It depends on the size of the wheels/tyres as well, bigger wheels = higher speed.
To find the limit, first you have to go past it...

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
  • Croatia, Slavonski Brod
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 September 2010, 08:23:53 »

i'm planing to replace a 3.7 diff on my mv6 with shorter one. either 3,9 or 4.22.
what can i expect in means of acceleration, RPMs at 60mph, fuel consumption?what do i get?

weasel

• norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 September 2010, 15:27:18 »

These figures are what the car will do with each diff fitted,  at the redline/6500rpm, using the r28 gearbox fitted to 3.0 mv6's
(NB. This was calculated with the car running 195/65-15 tyres fitted, figures will be SLIGHTLY higher the bigger the RR is, but not a major differance)

3.70 diff (standard mv6)
1st  35 mph
2nd   63mph
3rd  100mph
4th  133mph
5th  165mph

3.90 diff (pre 1998 2.5 auto)
1st  33mph
2nd  60mph
3rd  94mph
4th  126mph
5th  156mph

4.22 diff (post 1998 2.5 auto)
1st  30mph
2nd  55mph
3rd  87mph
4th  117mph
5th  144mph

weasel

• norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2010, 15:33:47 »

Car is revving at just under 3000rpm, if i remember correctly,
Fuel consumption isnt affected too badly as long as you stick to legal speed limits, but then again, consumption cant bother you too much or you wouldnt have bought an mv6!  :D
My girlfiend lives 12 miles away, and if it reset the average cons. and sit at 60mph all the way, it is around the 34mpg mark.

Acceleration is the most noticeable improvement, the car really wakes up, and is much more responsive.

This is my personal opinion, but i hoesntly believe its one of the most effective - cheap mods you can do on an mv6

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 September 2010, 20:32:30 »

Acceleration is the most noticeable improvement, the car really wakes up, and is much more responsive.

This is my personal opinion, but i hoesntly believe its one of the most effective - cheap mods you can do on an mv6

yes...this is what i'm looking for...

my opinion is that standard gear ratio setup is to high...it is great for autobahn, because 100+mph accelerations are great. but, if you live outside of germany, this feature isn't that useful, because of all the speed limits on motor ways and civil cop cars.
on the other hand, the car is rather lazy in urban driving (sub 40 mph) and sometimes not up to a challenge of beating boy racer cars.

my previous car, 2.5 v6, was an automatic (4.22 diff). when the gearbox died, we put the manual one in, but kept the auto diff. Accelerations were astonishing, with great flexibility, especially in lower speeds.

i'm certainly going to fit either a 3.9 or 4.22 diff. i know i will lose some top speed, but i am not using it anyway, because of all the civil police interceptors cruising the motor ways just waiting for somebody driving 100+ mph. and i will gain acceleration, and that makes me happy ;D ;D ;D ;D

do you have a 0-60mph figure? with what diff fitted?

weasel

• norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 September 2010, 15:15:17 »

Well top speed is still near as damnit 150mph, so youre not sacrificing too much! Its just revving fairly high....

Re. 0 - 60mph figure, hold on, ill go time it....

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 September 2010, 15:23:59 »

Well top speed is still near as damnit 150mph, so youre not sacrificing too much! Its just revving fairly high....

Re. 0 - 60mph figure, hold on, ill go time it....

What's keeping you.   ;D ;D

weasel

• norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 September 2010, 16:11:19 »

sorry, had to go put enough petrol in it to make sure i could get to 60, the range has been saying 0 miles for a few days now!

The best 0 - 58mph (limiter in 2nd) i could get was 5.9 seconds, with serious abuse of the clutch and trying to stop the monterous 195/60-15 tyres from spinning.

Bare in mind though that this is with a stripped out rear interior and quite a few engine mods.

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 September 2010, 16:58:55 »

what kind of mods? could you present the car in the gallery? that is with 4.22 diff, right?

weasel

• norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 September 2010, 22:07:26 »

yeah 4.22 diff,
-primary multi ram removed with manzle style inlet (2x 90 degree 60mm bends blended into 1x straight 90mm pipe)
-enlarged and smoothed lower divider
- enlarged throttle body and modified/enlarged shorter type main inlet plenum (the top bit with ecotect written on it) with secondary multi-ram valve removed with blanking plate,
-egr delete
-4 bar fuel pressure regulator
-ignition advance chip (from germany)

there is a pic of the car from the outside somewhere on the forum (its in my "hello" post) if anyones that interest!

Will try and blag the missus' camera to get a couple of pictures of the engine bay up

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 September 2010, 22:23:07 »

sorry, had to go put enough petrol in it to make sure i could get to 60, the range has been saying 0 miles for a few days now!

The best 0 - 58mph (limiter in 2nd) i could get was 5.9 seconds, with serious abuse of the clutch and trying to stop the monterous 195/60-15 tyres from spinning.

Bare in mind though that this is with a stripped out rear interior and quite a few engine mods.
this is on 4.22??
is you car go up to 7K rev??
mine on 4.22  was go 55mph on 255/35/18

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 September 2010, 22:23:22 »

oh, i've seen the your car...it looks nice...lowered, snowflakes, dark blue...nice...

so, you removed multiram...i presume that you have lost the low revs torque? is your EML light on?
shorter type plenum->do you mean the pre-98 plenum? what do you gain with that?

what do you mean by erg delete?

weasel

• norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 September 2010, 23:14:22 »

close, its black  :D

Yeah car revs to just under 7k, dunno why yours only does 55mph on such big wheels, what revs is that at?

no loss of torque low down, its improved with all the other mods. When completely standard the car was gutless below 3500rpm, now its one strong wave of torque from 2k rpm,

Will try and get some videos on youtube with a link of some standing starts.

EGR = exhaust gas recirculation, basically a blanking plate on the hole where it goes inot inley, and a 15mm blanking plumbing compression fitting on the pipe off the exhaust manifold.

on multi ram removal and EGR i left the small control valves conected to stop EML coming on, and just cable tied them out of the way.

I used the shorter inlet because it doesnt have the 'bottle neck' where the throttle bodies on like the longer one does, plus it made cutting the top off and making it bigger, easier.

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 September 2010, 23:59:24 »

close, its black  :D

Yeah car revs to just under 7k, dunno why yours only does 55mph on such big wheels, what revs is that at?

no loss of torque low down, its improved with all the other mods. When completely standard the car was gutless below 3500rpm, now its one strong wave of torque from 2k rpm,

Will try and get some videos on youtube with a link of some standing starts.

EGR = exhaust gas recirculation, basically a blanking plate on the hole where it goes inot inley, and a 15mm blanking plumbing compression fitting on the pipe off the exhaust manifold.

on multi ram removal and EGR i left the small control valves conected to stop EML coming on, and just cable tied them out of the way.

I used the shorter inlet because it doesnt have the 'bottle neck' where the throttle bodies on like the longer one does, plus it made cutting the top off and making it bigger, easier.
mine is 3.2 and is DBW where go up to 6700 meybe 6750rev.
my mate after fit 3.0 cams to his 2.5 got rev limiter at 7rpm. before was 6.7rpm

I go to swap flywheel for solid and is lighted from 15kg to 9 ;) will see if this make any differents
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.