Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: glow plug diagnosis  (Read 3530 times)

chrism551

• sunny blackpool
    • View Profile
Re: glow plug diagnosis
« Reply #30 on: 24 October 2010, 10:39:08 »

Hi  I'm in the process of writing a "how to" guide on 2.2dti glow plugs diagnosis. It is very much WIP at present and waiting for photos etc to be taken. ( I'm currently changing my central heating boiler and believe me the completion of this task must take priority)Could be useful to you, if you have not already fixed it, despite your additional 2 pots. PM me if you would like a  MS Word version of it.
i hope you are gas safe registered ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 October 2010, 10:40:39 »

Hi  I'm in the process of writing a "how to" guide on 2.2dti glow plugs diagnosis. It is very much WIP at present and waiting for photos etc to be taken. ( I'm currently changing my central heating boiler and believe me the completion of this task must take priority)Could be useful to you, if you have not already fixed it, despite your additional 2 pots. PM me if you would like a  MS Word version of it.

If it's the same as Corgi was, you don't need to be .....  as long as you're not doing the job 'for financial gain'  :y

alcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 October 2010, 11:03:28 »

If it's the same as Corgi was,you don't need to be .....  as long as you're not doing the job 'for financial gain'  :y
And don't make any connections to the gas supply :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 October 2010, 11:06:08 »

If it's the same as Corgi was,you don't need to be .....  as long as you're not doing the job 'for financial gain'  :y
And don't make any connections to the gas supply :y

Not as I understand it, and certainly not under Corgi rules. You could do the whole thing if you wanted, as long as you weren't being employed to do it ie for yourself.

relluf

« Reply #34 on: 24 October 2010, 16:11:25 »

Had a similar prob earlier this year, in all the snow/ice etc. Decided to change glowplugs, as first point of call.

If you are going to do them, do all 6 together, else you end up repeatedly taking off the manifold et al to get to them.

£16 each??? My local dealer wanted £9.50 + VAT each, but got some from E-Gay (6 brand new NGK, boxed, unopened)  for £29.50 inc P&P. 
 job takes about an hour + to do them all, and you need a deep reach 12mm socket..

Hope this helps.  :y
Right quick update
Not sure how to do in an hour seemed to take me a while lomger but all changed today and starting much better would not fancy doing with intake manifold in place far to cramped, anyway job done thanks to all for all your help and input ,having looked at the old ones three are not reading so i guess goosed and three are reading 1.1 on meter but all very pitted and charred so needed doing.
thanks again.
andy

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 October 2010, 19:37:19 »

Congratulations.  Job well done.  :y

Don't suppose you found my socket n' ext.   ;D ;D

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 October 2010, 20:30:53 »

SIGHS, really must do mine when i get back to spain!!!

well done bud good result there it seems :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.