Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignition Key wont key  (Read 2304 times)

wightyboy2

• Isle of Wight
    • View Profile
Re: Ignition Key wont key
« Reply #30 on: 05 December 2010, 10:23:13 »

RIGHT THATS IT !!! HAD A BLOODY NUFF , GIVE UP TRYING TO GET KEY TOO TURN  [smiley=thumbdown.gif] GOT THE NUMBER OF A PICK UP AND A NEW BARREL MATCHED TO MY KEY WAITING TO BE FITTED AT MY LOCAL GARAGE  ::) THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS  :y ;)

tyreburner

• bedlington - northumberland
  • It werent a mig but boy was it fast!!!!! R.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 December 2010, 12:27:35 »

so if I cant get it to position I can I force the lock (break it) to get the car running until I can source another key/barrel?
I had this last weekend and the only way i got it going was hit the end of the lock in temper and it fell off, then i got my screwdriver in and picked away at bits of barrel and tumblers, after about 8 tumblers the key turns now and until my replacement comes i put the end of the barrel back in when parking the car up.
"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't opps everything else up."

wightyboy2

• Isle of Wight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 December 2010, 15:13:09 »

Hi I better not go anywhere near it with a hammer , dont think I could stop myself till there was only the tax disc left intact  [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] :y

tyreburner

• bedlington - northumberland
  • It werent a mig but boy was it fast!!!!! R.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 December 2010, 15:23:42 »

Hi I better not go anywhere near it with a hammer , dont think I could stop myself till there was only the tax disc left intact  [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] :y

Lol. thats how i managed to fix it i had lost my temper and just brayed the end bit  ;D probably just aswell it snapped off or i too could have been left with only the tax disc  8-)
"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't opps everything else up."

wightyboy2

• Isle of Wight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 December 2010, 04:29:32 »

Yeeee-Haaa back on the road again  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] supplied and fitted by vauxhall £ 148 , probably could of got done cheaper but unfortunately I dont have the time too search around , thanks for all of you that offered advice , now off to load all my crap back into it  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.