Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 still a little unhappy  (Read 12710 times)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 still a little unhappy
« Reply #195 on: 08 June 2011, 17:32:16 »

Have you swopped maf meters yet, still think that is where you should be looking, all this faffing about with perameters is putting off the obvious swop.
The maf controls or affects so many systems directly or indirectly that it needs swopping to confirm or disregard.
I know that you also have to arrange to meet at a time that is sutable to both parties but the length of time that this has been ongoing, it must have been worth finding the time and effort to do this before now.
Anyway i am still finding this an intresting thread but hope that you can sort your car to how it should be James.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

so comfortably numb

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 10 June 2011, 00:36:04 »

Sorry for butting in, but on your first batch of live data, one of the TPS voltages was significantly lower than the other. Now, speaking from experience (although not a vauxhall) I had a faulty TPS that didn't throw up any codes whatsoever, the shifting of the box was all over the place, I had erratic idle, smooth power mid-range and then lack of power higher up - like it was being restricted.

Forgive me if you have already been down this route but theres alot of reading and I'm tired.
The haynes manual that I had for that car, gave me the info for what the voltage reading should be close throttle and wide open, thus enabling me to pin point that component.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 10 June 2011, 11:35:53 »

Sorry for butting in, but on your first batch of live data, one of the TPS voltages was significantly lower than the other. Now, speaking from experience (although not a vauxhall) I had a faulty TPS that didn't throw up any codes whatsoever, the shifting of the box was all over the place, I had erratic idle, smooth power mid-range and then lack of power higher up - like it was being restricted.

Forgive me if you have already been down this route but theres alot of reading and I'm tired.
The haynes manual that I had for that car, gave me the info for what the voltage reading should be close throttle and wide open, thus enabling me to pin point that component.

The drive-by-wire cars have twin TPS's and they have deliberately different characteristics so the voltages are never the same. This is to allow any fault in the throttle control loop (including the wipers of the two TPSs shorted together) to be identified by the ECU and a fail-safe condition established.

So, I wouldn't regard the different voltages as being a cause for concern and, if they weren't consistent, I'm be sure the ECU would raise a fault code.

Drive-by-wire Omegas aren't covered by the Haynes manuals, unfortunately, so the voltage readings there will not be useful.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 10 June 2011, 16:40:50 »

I noticed last night, when I went out for a run - seems considerably more like what it should be when cold. It loses power when fully up to temp.

If you hit the kickdown, it WILL go... I don't think there is a problem with the engine being able to produce the performance.

But, if you're travelling at say 10mph, and press the throttle 3/4 of the way down, when I first bought the car that would have thrown you in your seat - now, it just slowly increases speed...

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 10 June 2011, 16:42:35 »

I noticed again when booting it on a dual carriageway, off a roundabout, with the foot through the floor ::)

Revved up to 6,000 rpm, and changed to next gear - still with sport mode on and kickdown switch firmly down.

Should rev higher than this?  :-/

Am annoyed, because I initially loved the 3.2 experience, and I'm now frustrated because I want my performance back  :'(

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 10 June 2011, 22:27:36 »

Have you swopped maf meters yet, still think that is where you should be looking, all this faffing about with perameters is putting off the obvious swop.
The maf controls or affects so many systems directly or indirectly that it needs swopping to confirm or disregard.
yes or no guys? , maf or not.?
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 13 November 2011, 18:24:13 »

Just an update, to this one.

Since June, there have been tiimes I've thought all is fine, and others where I've thought "this should have much more guts for a 3.2"

Tonight, I was replacing the exhaust ready for MOT. When I looked into the old backbox, I could see what looks like quite a bit of wadding, which I reckon was making it at least partially blocked.

I will take her for a run tomorrow night, and see how she behaves from there :y

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.