Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine managment light  (Read 3662 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: Engine managment light
« Reply #15 on: 05 March 2008, 05:35:41 »

Well I have had the same problems since July last year TB and marks have reset the light, but it does eventually come back on again, and yes the car runs fine apart from the annpying light being on. I have bought some cataclean 500ml per bottle and they recommend 500ml per 15 litres of petrol, so as I only bought one bottle I am waiting to get down to 15 litres of petrol before I throw the cataclean in, should've bought 4 really :-/

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 March 2008, 08:42:25 »

OK Today i am going to buy some Cataclean and will try other fuel instead of Tescos.I will try it for a couple of weeks then let you all know. Many thanks for your help it is appreciated  :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 March 2008, 08:53:54 »

Make sure you get the Cataclean at the correct mix ratio with the petrol.

As stated above, this only helps the situation, it doesn't cure it but I wouldn't be too worried as I'm sure if you get an emissions check it will be absolutely fine.  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 March 2008, 10:40:18 »

Run some cataclean through it then get the light reset and make sure you get the codes that were reported this time. If it's going to cost you to get the light reset get someone with a cheapo Tech II to do it, or even buy a cable and do it yourself. If you ever pass by Alton way (not a million miles from you) I'd be happy to help.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 March 2008, 19:55:37 »

Thanks Kevin if i am ever out your way will look you up.I have purchased some Cataclean just waiting for the petrol in the tank to drop abit which shouldn,t take long in my thirsty car then will add the Cataclean. The only problem i can see are that previously no codes have shown up :o so hopefully when i reset it the light will stay off :-/

Thanks again

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 March 2008, 21:17:25 »

Thanks Kevin if i am ever out your way will look you up.I have purchased some Cataclean just waiting for the petrol in the tank to drop abit which shouldn,t take long in my thirsty car then will add the Cataclean. The only problem i can see are that previously no codes have shown up :o so hopefully when i reset it the light will stay off :-/

Thanks again

As mentioned earlier, I think the code reader being used is the issue, as I see it the code is not recognised by that code reader, however there must be code(s) there for the lamp to come on.

swonnie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2008, 22:19:51 »

hi,
i'm from holland neer the German border. where I have a workshop for all kinds of makes of cars.
The prob with the fault code p 0420 and 0430  we also met in a car Opel Omega 3.2. with 200K, we just moved the lamdaprobes from before the main cats to after the main cats. Up to now the faultcodes stay away and we and the owner are a happy team. Also a Friend Opel-dealer showed interest in this solution.
Not even the wiring has to be redesingned because the cable is long enough to reach back the main-cat.

i do appologize my bag Englisch.

Greetz from AUTOZON

Gasselternijveen Holland.

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2008, 22:34:16 »

Thanks for the reply will try moving the sensors. English not that bad better than my German. ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 May 2008, 23:22:54 »

Thanks for the reply will try moving the sensors. English not that bad better than my German. ::)

Yes his English will be better than any of our DUTCH!  ;)  ;)  :y
« Last Edit: 29 May 2008, 23:23:05 by Andy_B »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 May 2008, 11:01:44 »

hi,
i'm from holland neer the German border. where I have a workshop for all kinds of makes of cars.
The prob with the fault code p 0420 and 0430  we also met in a car Opel Omega 3.2. with 200K, we just moved the lamdaprobes from before the main cats to after the main cats. Up to now the faultcodes stay away and we and the owner are a happy team. Also a Friend Opel-dealer showed interest in this solution.
Not even the wiring has to be redesingned because the cable is long enough to reach back the main-cat.

Greetz from AUTOZON

Welcome to the Forum.  :y

That is very interesting information, and something that we had considered but never actually tried. Thanks very much. I had wondered if the main cats would heat up quickly enough to keep the ECU post-cat sensors happy but perhaps that's not a problem.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 May 2008, 20:50:43 »

hi,

Greetz from AUTOZON

Welcome, and thanks for the excellent info :y
Grumpy old man

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 June 2008, 17:38:15 »

I have my 3.2 (which has this problem) booked into Long-Life in the next month and this moving of the lambda sensors is planned into the build of my new stainless cat-back exhaust sytem.

I will report back on how it goes.

(If you look back through the "General Omega Help" section for a thread entitled "Help - I know the code" you'll see a lengthy discussion on this which resulted in my booking the car into Long-Life to try this experiment. Thanks to our Dutch friend above I am filled with a bit more confidence now)

BTW: I used to run my car on high octane Tesco fuel. The light used to be on all the time. Now I run it on Optimax and / or BP Ultimate and it is only on for about a day or so every couple of weeks.

Make of that what you will.
« Last Edit: 01 June 2008, 17:38:30 by Albatross »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.