Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Telematics to HU connection  (Read 3112 times)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Telematics to HU connection
« Reply #30 on: 03 November 2008, 23:18:24 »

Sorry if i'm barking up the wrong tree here, but wasn't the transformer in place because of issues with Bose equiped setups?
I know the transformers on the Autoleads 06-109B are present because of Bose problems.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 November 2008, 23:22:17 »

Check Wiring Diags, Omega 2003, Audio, Navigation system, and you can double check wiring

Pins 35 & 36 of the head unit? Agreed, it looks like a balanced pair with an overall screen. Got to be worth trying a direct connection if you can find the transformer. The nokia kit might well work without it too. :-/

Kevin

Was thinking about tapping into the cabling with my relay right at back of HU - so TM will be fed straight into HU, and Nokia still via U29

Yep. Might as well if that's easiest. You know the Nokia works through the transformer anyway.

I guess the telematics could complain that the output goes open circuit when the relay switches over to the Nokia, but that could perhaps be solved by terminating it with a resistor. See if it's a problem first. Could be that it only detects short circuit.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 November 2008, 18:26:18 »

Sorry if i'm barking up the wrong tree here, but wasn't the transformer in place because of issues with Bose equiped setups?
I know the transformers on the Autoleads 06-109B are present because of Bose problems.

Wrong tree ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 November 2008, 18:28:27 »

Check Wiring Diags, Omega 2003, Audio, Navigation system, and you can double check wiring

Pins 35 & 36 of the head unit? Agreed, it looks like a balanced pair with an overall screen. Got to be worth trying a direct connection if you can find the transformer. The nokia kit might well work without it too. :-/

Kevin

Was thinking about tapping into the cabling with my relay right at back of HU - so TM will be fed straight into HU, and Nokia still via U29

Yep. Might as well if that's easiest. You know the Nokia works through the transformer anyway.

I guess the telematics could complain that the output goes open circuit when the relay switches over to the Nokia, but that could perhaps be solved by terminating it with a resistor. See if it's a problem first. Could be that it only detects short circuit.

Kevin
It complains about o/c as well as s/c, but not fussed if it stores a code, so long as it works OK.  The entire system has a couple of errors not worth resolving - TM complains about aerial, HU complains that bose amp not connected (has its own signal for remote switch on, rather than using same for aerial amp).
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 17 queries.