Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Question?  (Read 2416 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Question?
« Reply #15 on: 08 October 2009, 16:17:44 »

Is it the blue and white wire you cut so the date is still displayed when the radio is on

I did not cut anything, Tech2 told the car there was no radio installed. So it always shows the date now

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 October 2009, 17:20:05 »

Is it the blue and white wire you cut so the date is still displayed when the radio is on

I did not cut anything, Tech2 told the car there was no radio installed. So it always shows the date now
Does the aerial amplifier still work?

I assume that the aerial amplifier is powered by the mythical blue/white wire & won't be affected by the coding of the MID. When I put a Blaupunkt in my last car I didn't cut any wires and put up with a blank display when the radio was on :(
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Selseybill

• La Rochelle
    • 2.0 pre face, 2.2 CDX est
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 October 2009, 17:47:27 »

I assume that the aerial amplifier is powered by the mythical blue/white wire & won't be affected by the coding of the MID. When I put a Blaupunkt in my last car I didn't cut any wires and put up with a blank display when the radio was on :(

No i think i wrote that wrong.To keep the date on the display in the dash you have to cut a wire,i thought it was the blue/white wire

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #18 on: 08 October 2009, 19:27:17 »

No i think i wrote that wrong.To keep the date on the display in the dash you have to cut a wire,i thought it was the blue/white wire

Cutting the wire is the norm on most vauxhalls, but the Omega differs slightly in that you can simply reprogram the MID instead - far simpler, and much easier when it comes to putting the original radio back in !
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 October 2009, 19:36:32 »

Cutting the wire is the norm on most vauxhalls, but the Omega differs slightly in that you can simply reprogram the MID instead - far simpler, and much easier when it comes to putting the original radio back in !
I was aware that I could cut a wire so that the MID wouldn't know when the radio was on but I didn't want to lose the built in FM aerial (so I didn't cut the wire)

What I didn't know was that the MID could be reprogrammed. (although being a 1994 car mine probably couldn't  ::) and it had lots of dead pixels so it wasn't worth worrying about anyway :()
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.