Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent-please help re headlight inner  (Read 2408 times)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Urgent-please help re headlight inner
« on: 03 November 2009, 15:06:51 »

Hi Have just fitted upgrade H1 and H7 bulbs in facelift as headlights were appalling (just had MOT done previously and passed though).  Still very poor and seem to point far too low, even though adjuster in cabin set to highest (works and moves up and down ok).

Just popped in the LED sidelight bulbs and now noticed that the inner headlight assembly is loose and not fixed in place within the headlight unit.  I can move the inner assembly around back and fore 10mm without resistance and it does not stay put when left-has this popped out of a fitting or is it totalled?

What do I do?

Please help asap-have to drive 20miles in dark very soon  >:(

Cheers  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent-please help re headlight inner
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2009, 15:13:35 »

The adjusters on Omega head lights are very fragile & have a tendancy to break :(. Yoou need to dismantle yur lights & either replace the adjusters with 'new' ones or try Arralditing your old adjusters.  :y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2009, 15:17:52 »

Damn it.  Stupid design  >:(

Cheers for letting me know  :y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2009, 15:20:53 »

The adjusters on Omega head lights are very fragile & have a tendancy to break :(. Yoou need to dismantle yur lights & either replace the adjusters with 'new' ones or try Arralditing your old adjusters.  :y

Can anyone help me do this??

In 87 cars I have never had this issue  >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2009, 15:27:43 »

Removal of the lights isn't difficult, you might have to drop the bumper a little IIRC. You need a Stanley knife or similar to gently slice the glue/gunge that holds the plastic lense as you gently prise the two bits apart.  ;)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2009, 15:39:04 »

Removal of the lights isn't difficult, you might have to drop the bumper a little IIRC. You need a Stanley knife or similar to gently slice the glue/gunge that holds the plastic lense as you gently prise the two bits apart.  ;)

Cheers Andy.
This fault has annoyed me-I have always driven simple cars and am now remembering why  >:( >:(
What a royal pain in the ass and totally unneccessary-a pointless fault and huge work to fix it-taking the bumper off to fix a light????>:(
As I said after my list in the "cars I have owned" thread-better a crap car that is actually good than a "good" car that is actually crap.   Car no. 88 will be soon if this is what to expect  >:(

Said my piece  :y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2009, 16:03:10 »

Just one thing-not sure if relevant?
If the adjusters are indeed bust, would the electric adjust still work??  I have altered it up and down and this still works.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2009, 16:12:59 »

My memory is a bit hazy on this but 3 or 4 years ago I fitted cheap pattern projector (mini facelift) headlights to my 94 (pre-facelift) Omega. They didn't have the leveling motors fitted.

I transfered the leveling motors from my old headlamps which I think push in and then turn 1/8th of a turn to lock in position.

It was a little awkward to engage the adjusters with the headlight bowls but it was much easier (and safer) than trying to separate the lens from the body.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 November 2009, 16:24:20 »

My memory is a bit hazy on this but 3 or 4 years ago I fitted cheap pattern projector (mini facelift) headlights to my 94 (pre-facelift) Omega. They didn't have the leveling motors fitted.

I transfered the leveling motors from my old headlamps which I think push in and then turn 1/8th of a turn to lock in position.

It was a little awkward to engage the adjusters with the headlight bowls but it was much easier (and safer) than trying to separate the lens from the body.

Are you saying that just the electric leveller has come adrift in mine and can be easily pushed back in??  Easy as that?

I would appreciate getting this fixed asap-it ruins an otherwise ok car  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2009, 16:29:12 »

Are you saying that just the electric leveller has come adrift in mine and can be easily pushed back in??  Easy as that?

First thing you need to do is remove your headlight so you can be certain what's up with it.

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 November 2009, 16:31:21 »

First thing you need to do is remove your headlight so you can be certain what's up with it.

Looks like a big job....and its getting dark  :-?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2009, 16:42:45 »

Not really, but I'm sure it can wait till weekend/you days off or atleast when the weather's a little better.  :y  :y
Your lights still work don't they?  ;)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 November 2009, 16:48:33 »

Not really, but I'm sure it can wait till weekend/you days off or atleast when the weather's a little better.  :y  :y
Your lights still work don't they?  ;)

They do but the inners are flapping about so will blind people after the first bump I go over-its also pitch black in this rural area so lights v important-sick of feeling my way along.

There has obviously been a prior issue with them as have been fiddled with before and one bolt replaced with cable tie.
They were also on continental dip-hence the low pattern.

Hugely frustrated  >:(

My other car, the Perodua, may be naff-but IT never, ever, ever, ever breaks.....

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 November 2009, 16:50:20 »

My other car, the Perodua, may be naff-but IT never, ever, ever, ever breaks.....

I hope you  were touching wood whe you said that!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 November 2009, 16:59:15 »

I hope you  were touching wood whe you said that!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well its the third identical Perodua Kelisa I have hooned relentlessly that has never had a single issue.....no need for superstition-it's just a good (crap!) car.   

Growing tired of stupid faults on the Omega now.  Tomorrow's another day though  :y
« Last Edit: 03 November 2009, 16:59:29 by geoffharvey »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.