Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDx security coding  (Read 10007 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: NCDx security coding
« Reply #75 on: 12 October 2008, 22:23:56 »

Try the dump I sent, as I think I may have disabled the pairing !!

:-/
I will try that tomorrow, a few too many beers to focus on small components tonight  :-[
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #76 on: 12 October 2008, 22:29:33 »

No worries, and remember if you also put back the original dump you sent me, the unit will revert to its previous state also.

Did the dump/CDC3 you sent originate from a NCDC setup though?

Or CCRT700 ?
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 13 October 2008, 08:59:23 »

No worries, and remember if you also put back the original dump you sent me, the unit will revert to its previous state also.

Did the dump/CDC3 you sent originate from a NCDC setup though?

Or CCRT700 ?
The dump I sent you originated from NCDx/ccr2008(vectra) series.  The dump you sent me originated from ccr600/ccrt700 so didn't pair - similar error to if the CDC isn't plugged in.

I'm pouring over the dumps, and wondering if I change the part number on your dump to match the part number required for NCDx series...  ...whats the worse that can happen, apart from it all smokes up ;D

Also, now got a problem with my CID being in a paired state, and having the hump talking to tech2, so need to fix that first  :'( - it happened once before, seems it needs to be left disconnected for an hour or 2....
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #78 on: 13 October 2008, 09:08:56 »

The dump I sent you originated from NCDx/ccr2008(vectra) series.  The dump you sent me originated from ccr600/ccrt700 so didn't pair - similar error to if the CDC isn't plugged in.

Yes, the one I sent back was from an Unpaired CCRT700 that has had the code disabled - Usefull to know it wouldn`t work, didn`t think it would.

I'm pouring over the dumps, and wondering if I change the part number on your dump to match the part number required for NCDx series...  ...whats the worse that can happen, apart from it all smokes up

Never tried that - I have only really plyed around with the original dumps and data, never tried to make a dump think it was something else though - Its not going to do anything worse than conflict with the head unit if it doesn`t work, no worse than the dump I sent previously - and you can always revert back to original dump again. If you think you can change the part number, certainly no harm in trying.

www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 13 October 2008, 09:10:18 »

Yes, the one I sent back was from an Unpaired CCRT700 that has had the code disabled - Usefull to know it wouldn`t work, didn`t think it would.

I'm pouring over the dumps, and wondering if I change the part number on your dump to match the part number required for NCDx series...  ...whats the worse that can happen, apart from it all smokes up

Never tried that - I have only really plyed around with the original dumps and data, never tried to make a dump think it was something else though - Its not going to do anything worse than conflict with the head unit if it doesn`t work, no worse than the dump I sent previously - and you can always revert back to original dump again. If you think you can change the part number, certainly no harm in trying.

Unless you have an unpaired ncdc dump?  I guess if you had, you would have sent it ;D
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #80 on: 13 October 2008, 09:31:17 »

Unless you have an unpaired ncdc dump?  I guess if you had, you would have sent it  

::)
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #81 on: 13 October 2008, 09:33:45 »

BTW  CCR600 and CCRT700 use different dumps also, so it does look as though each scenario of CDC3/Pairing uses a different dump although keeps the code data in the same memory location.
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 13 October 2008, 10:06:17 »

BTW  CCR600 and CCRT700 use different dumps also, so it does look as though each scenario of CDC3/Pairing uses a different dump although keeps the code data in the same memory location.
CCR600 and CCRT700 look to be same 'part' (I know they are all same part), with Tech2 setting the specific config.  NCDR1x00/NCDC201x/CCRT2008(Vectra) seem to be same 'part', again with tech2 deciding which one is used.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 13 October 2008, 20:27:13 »

So which chips do we think are storing the info on the NCDC head unit.

I have the following options:
NEC D78P058GC - An OTP Microcontroller - Outside bet being an OTP!
Microchip 24LC16(B) - 16K I2C Serial Prom - Gotta be a favourite and right next to the microcontroller!

There is then

1 off AM29LV200 - 2M Flash device associated with the GPS device (from motorola)
2 off AM29LV160 - 2M Flash device associated with the HD6417709 microcontroller
HD6417709 - RISC Microcontroller......this is asociated with the massive quantity of flash above!
« Last Edit: 13 October 2008, 20:32:21 by Mark »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 13 October 2008, 20:50:23 »

Microchip 24LC16(B) - 16K I2C Serial Prom - Gotta be a favourite and right next to the microcontroller!

There is then

1 off AM29LV200 - 2M Flash device associated with the GPS device (from motorola)
HD6417709 - RISC Microcontroller......this is asociated with the massive quantity of flash above!
Not looked at HU yet - trying to find existing code on cdc unit (then I can get code for my lot in MV6) - but the 2416 has to be favourite, seeing as thats what I'm attacking on the cdc unit.  And can be prog'd in situ :y, which saves a lot of hassle ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 13 October 2008, 20:52:22 »

Haven't looked that hard at CID yet.

Remember, HU and CID will need reprogramming if you don't know code.  CDC will work, but remove from cdc from HU and cid config, pair, then add CDC back in.
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #86 on: 13 October 2008, 21:05:55 »

From units I have here,

NCDC2013  with  D78P058GC   uses  24C64 smd + 24LC16 to store data

whilst

NCDC2015  with  NEC HS9938-02  uses 24LC16 smd to store data

Both appear to be encrypted.
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 13 October 2008, 21:25:57 »

Part number alone doesn't send it to ncdc mode.  Will have to try again.  Again, soldering iron is not to be used tonight due to and outting with Stella ::)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 13 October 2008, 21:33:39 »

There is then

I reckon CID is possibly on 93C56 (that sounds invalid - but both Mrs TheBoy and I reckon thats what it says).  On middle board.  I'll PM why I think its that chip if you're interested.
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #89 on: 13 October 2008, 22:24:55 »

There is then

I reckon CID is possibly on 93C56 (that sounds invalid - but both Mrs TheBoy and I reckon thats what it says).  On middle board.  I'll PM why I think its that chip if you're interested.

Yes, 93C56 on middle board is correct   :y

If it helps, it can usually be read / written to in circuit without any problems. I do tend to program as an ATMEL device instead of ST though when doing this
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.