Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Centre console boot release  (Read 2956 times)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
Re: Centre console boot release
« Reply #15 on: 11 September 2010, 22:00:47 »

Up to 2001, need key out, then a quick press to open.

Post 2001, needs a press and hold for 3s, irrespective of key in or out
[/highlight]

That explains why mine worked today then, first time that I was in a situarion to try it... :D :D :D

my mate had one of those mitsu jap jobs ::)

Well the keys are next to each other...... :-[ :D :P

in a pot by any chance?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 September 2010, 22:56:55 »

Thanks TB - now I understand why you get the big bucks  ;D

He asked you not to spread that around!

Osprey

• Redhill, Surrey
  • Drink up. The world's about to end.
    • 01 2.6 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 September 2010, 23:01:12 »

OK - his secret's safe with us  :)

I feel like a military academy. Bits of me keep passing out.

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 October 2010, 23:55:52 »

Oops  :-[ – no, I didn’t press and hold, but I do now and the boot opens just fine.  So thanks zvi, problem solved.  :)

In fact the boot even opens even if the key is in the ignition, the engine is running and the car is in gear and moving forward.  I didn’t think this was supposed to happen but it’s no problem.

I just checked the Owner’s Manual and all it says is “Press the button on the instrument panel” – no mention of press and hold. 

Still one good thing is that I sorted out the ashtray, which was naff, horrible and broken.  Now it’s back to being just naff and horrible! 

Thanks again!

Sounds like yours has been modded have a look here
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1155211091

:y :y

I'm a little confused (yes, nothing new!)

Mine is a Jan '01, and the boot won't open with the key in as described by the OP. However, I tried the push & hold with the key in, and that doesn't work.
So any idea when the change in F/L occured, as mine don't seem to fit either description!
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 October 2010, 13:17:59 »

Oops  :-[ – no, I didn’t press and hold, but I do now and the boot opens just fine.  So thanks zvi, problem solved.  :)

In fact the boot even opens even if the key is in the ignition, the engine is running and the car is in gear and moving forward.  I didn’t think this was supposed to happen but it’s no problem.

I just checked the Owner’s Manual and all it says is “Press the button on the instrument panel” – no mention of press and hold. 

Still one good thing is that I sorted out the ashtray, which was naff, horrible and broken.  Now it’s back to being just naff and horrible! 

Thanks again!

Mine is a Jan '01, and the boot won't open with the key in as described by the OP. However, I tried the push & hold with the key in, and that doesn't work.
So any idea when the change in F/L occured, as mine don't seem to fit either description!

Reply #10 - 09. Sep 2010 at 19:34     Up to 2001, need key out, then a quick press to open.

If yours is a 2001 it probably fits into the first selection key out and press button for a few seconds unless you do the wiring mod :y
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 October 2010, 18:31:10 »

Thanks again!

Reply #10 - 09. Sep 2010 at 19:34     Up to 2001, need key out, then a quick press to open.

If yours is a 2001 it probably fits into the first selection key out and press button for a few seconds unless you do the wiring mod :y

Isn't that a contradiction? But yes, it's the first one, didn't see that in the thread

I like the idea of the mod, but not the chances of accidental opening. Anybody know how the delay on the later models works? Would be nice to make that a mod for pre-2001, so you get open works with key in/engine on, but needs long press, like the later ones. Could save dumping yr load all over the road which I guess is what Vx were going for!

Alternatively if not, I may look into a way of fitting a delay to the button, and then add that to the mod above, for early model safety
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2010, 00:03:27 »

Thanks again!

Isn't that a contradiction? But yes, it's the first one, didn't see that in the thread

I like the idea of the mod, but not the chances of accidental opening. Anybody know how the delay on the later models works? Would be nice to make that a mod for pre-2001, so you get open works with key in/engine on, but needs long press, like the later ones. Could save dumping yr load all over the road which I guess is what Vx were going for!

Alternatively if not, I may look into a way of fitting a delay to the button, and then add that to the mod above, for early model safety

Just beacause your car is registered in 2001 as is mine, doesn't mean thats when it was made might be a 2000.

As regards the wiring mod i know some members have used the trafficmaster switch (depending on if you still use it) as an extra safety on it.Something to do with open and closed circuit and needing this to be pressed to complete it. Not that good with electrics so ask about.

HTH Dave :y
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2010, 00:37:51 »

Good idea, if I hadn't given mine away to someone on here :-[

That's a really simple idea tho, just route one of the boot button cables through the tm switch, so it breaks the circuit, thus you have to hold the tm button down then press the boot button.
Tbf, you could use any spare button (if you have any blanks), or mount a button/switch anywhere.

Having said that, if you're gonna do 2 things to open the boot, you may as well take the key out then press the button anyway!
« Last Edit: 03 October 2010, 00:39:29 by Lampynoiseboy »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.