Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated Seats  (Read 2774 times)

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
Re: Heated Seats
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2010, 19:30:02 »

Take it your seat was leather andy,and was it difficult to remove the cover. :-/

Yes, mines leather. The cover isn't too difficult to remove enough to access the heating element. At the back of the base is a wire rod sewn into the cover and tensioned to the frame (I think ::) - it was years ago now that I stripped mine) via 'hog rings'. I found it was easiest the twist the two ends from each other to open it up rather than just splay them cos it makes it easy to close than back up again. The sides & front of the seat cover has a card strip sewn to it and this is held into a fabicated 'groove' welded to the seat. If you push down on the seat base (in the same direction as sitting on it) you get enough slack to allow the card to come out of the groove.
It's easier to than explain .....  ;D ;D ;D

I suppose I should remove my seat at some time to patch up where I damaged the inboard side of my driver's seat when I had an argument debate with the £1 coin stuck in the seat runner last year.  ;)
Cheers andy,ill bear that bit of info in mind when i do mine. :y
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

edsomega

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 November 2010, 13:16:27 »

I had a go at stripping down a set of leather seats from a P reg Omega to see how difficult it was - my mini facelift T reg Omega seats are mint so I didn't want to practice on them. It is easy enough to get them apart, but when I got the cover off (easy enough apart from I couldn't work out how to get the black headrest bits in the very top of the seat out - ended up 'assisting' them with a hammer as I knew by that point I wouldn't be using the seat again - if anyone knows for future reference how to get these out whole I'd be interested to know in case I end up stripping my good seats....) I found that the heated seat pad in the back of the seat is securely fixed/sewn to the leather - not easy to separate if you were intending to replace the whole heating pad.
Unless I'm missing something, in which case I'd be very pleased to be educated as I'm not that practical....
I'm guessing that the easiest way is to either replace the seats in their entirety (I'm looking if someone has a set - please don't delete my post moderator, I'm working towards my 250 posts!!) or to repair the existing element, which is still hard to get to - you have to cut into the foam pad to find the two broken ends of element to join them back together again somehow. If anyone in Gatwick or Tonbridge area knows how to do this I'll gladly provide bacon sarnies, tea and some cash to get me some warmth for the winter.....
Thanks in advance.

malcolm1973

• falkirk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 November 2010, 18:51:05 »

These are proving quite popular at the moment !!

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/am-haw.html

:y

malcolm1973

• falkirk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 November 2010, 18:53:04 »

i have same problem my elite has heated seats all round and even in rear doesnt heat and switches arnt illuminating either any advice cheers  :-/

edsomega

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 November 2010, 19:57:28 »

Tried the fuse if they're all not working?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.