Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting Sony H/U trouble  (Read 8795 times)

omegadan67

• northampton
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting Sony H/U trouble
« Reply #75 on: 16 April 2011, 18:39:08 »

Just out of curiosity what's the head unit of choice these days, within the the reach of mere mortals budgets of course.

ive always used Alpine or Kenwood depending on weather i am using additonal amps
Plus they seem to be easier to use but thats just my opinion
A little infomation is dangerous in the wrong hands

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #76 on: 17 April 2011, 08:45:23 »

Steering controls are on the lower 8 pin power part of the ISO block, and the three connections at the top are the data lines for the display.

But the reason that I have a doubt, is that the CCRT uses a completely different protocol language for the display, and to the best of my knowledge its far more involved than simply swapping a few wires around.

A CCRT700 does NOT use the same standard configured 36 pin Mini ISO block as used by the rest of the Vx Double DIN range, and the block advertised is for lower spec head units, CDR2005 / CCR2006 etc - CCRT700 does not have a solution available for doing what you are trying to do - you may need to downgrade the display itself

:-/
Hi Dave - picking up on an old post of yours and specifically the highlighted section regarding steering wheel controls. I need to establish the connection between the lower ISO plug 'A' and the two connectors which are part of the SW Ctrls wiring loom. I include a diagram to illustrate what I'm after. In short which cable goes to which between the two connectors and the ISO 'A' plug.
Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Cheers - Brian

You mean this?

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/pc99-x06.html

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Budgie

• Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 17 April 2011, 13:26:44 »

Steering controls are on the lower 8 pin power part of the ISO block, and the three connections at the top are the data lines for the display.

But the reason that I have a doubt, is that the CCRT uses a completely different protocol language for the display, and to the best of my knowledge its far more involved than simply swapping a few wires around.

A CCRT700 does NOT use the same standard configured 36 pin Mini ISO block as used by the rest of the Vx Double DIN range, and the block advertised is for lower spec head units, CDR2005 / CCR2006 etc - CCRT700 does not have a solution available for doing what you are trying to do - you may need to downgrade the display itself

:-/
Hi Dave - picking up on an old post of yours and specifically the highlighted section regarding steering wheel controls. I need to establish the connection between the lower ISO plug 'A' and the two connectors which are part of the SW Ctrls wiring loom. I include a diagram to illustrate what I'm after. In short which cable goes to which between the two connectors and the ISO 'A' plug.
Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Cheers - Brian

You mean this?

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/pc99-x06.html

:y

Dave - many thanks for the prompt response. However it's not an adapter kit that I'm after. The new HU I have fitted has three wires that are supposed to connect to the existing steering wheel control wiring in the Omega. I really just need to figure out which wire connects where. One of the wires is a -ve 'Ground' the other two are marked 'AD1' and 'AD2' and should be connected to the existing controls. That's why I need to understand how the existing controls connect to the 36 way ISO block and to which block/pins. Your original post indicated that the steering wheel controls used the 'lower block' A so just need to know which pin did what.
Cheers Dave
I spend far too much money on my Omega

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #78 on: 17 April 2011, 22:40:43 »

If you trying to connect a far eastern unbranded import stereo, then forget it - it cannot be done.

They are designed to work only with the switches that are (never) supplied as optional accessories, and do not integrate in any way with any of the steering controls on European cars.

:'(
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 30 April 2011, 00:24:18 »

Before they sold themselves down the swanny.  Now they simply trade on their good name, shovelling shit out to whoever will buy their junk. Not that far removed from BMW then ;D

I don't know. They haven't made a product as pointless as the 1 series Noddy's car yet. :-X

Kevin

So a BMW 1 Series with BOSE audio powered by a Sony head unit is best avoided then?

;D

But you keep saying that can't be done?

(my turn to run away.....)  ;)
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.