Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upright wipers  (Read 810 times)

tonyp

• View Profile
upright wipers
« on: 18 July 2011, 11:07:18 »

i cant really see a lot through my windscreen at present as my soddin wipers are in the way.all of asudden the finish position seems to have changed to the vertical rather than the horizontal.in use they travel the usual way fully but insist on stopping upright .any ideas anyone please?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: upright wipers
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2011, 11:25:53 »

i cant really see a lot through my windscreen at present as my soddin wipers are in the way.all of asudden the finish position seems to have changed to the vertical rather than the horizontal.in use they travel the usual way fully but insist on stopping upright .any ideas anyone please?

An easy cost free fix. Take your scuttle off, remove wiper assembly and you'll see an am from the motor that goes to he rest of the wiper lnkage, there's a 13mm nut that's come loose & the arm has come loose from its taper. There are two marks on the casting   >    < and the rm needs to sit between the two.
Becareful of the paintwork on your driver's wing when you remove the wiper assembly & clear snow and ice from screen before switching your wipers on.  ;) ;) :y

tonyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2011, 11:41:23 »

cheers ANDY B you are a gem

tonyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2011, 12:08:53 »

hope ur still there ANDY B,taken scuttle off and the wipers,the nut on the motor is still secure,it hasnt loosened.can i still re-site the arm to a positionthat suits or is there another problem,what do you think?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2011, 13:32:36 »

hope you are still there ANDY B,taken scuttle off and the wipers,the nut on the motor is still secure,it hasnt loosened.can i still re-site the arm to a positionthat suits or is there another problem,what do you think?

The nut might still be there, but the arm has sipped at some time. Remove/slacken the nut further & just move the arm between the two marks >     < and your wipers wil then park as they should.  :y  :y

tonyp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2011, 15:25:52 »

ANDY B,thanx alot mate all done.simple when u know how.i owe u one. :) :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.