Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ask a polite q  (Read 4367 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: ask a polite q
« Reply #30 on: 20 October 2011, 01:34:34 »

Is the thread your refering too "Just a thought"?
If so it is still there and hasn't been removed, it has dropped down the page a little though.
I am not here to stick up for The Boy he is ugly enough to do that himself, but when you text things can be taken wrongly...

This topic has been covered numerous times over the last few weeks, fair play you may not have been a member of the forum then so did not understand what was meant.

I do still stand by though as long as I am talking about the correct thread, that The Boy did not say anything that warrants an apology.

:)   
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 October 2011, 07:28:07 »

This thread does not sit easy with me.  I am all for debate and suggestions being aired but this seems more personal to me.  You asked a question TB gave you an answer which was more than acceptable and locked the thread probably because a similar thread that featured recently went nasty.

If you wish to have a dig at a person then do it via PM but mind you don't abuse them.  As for the debate, its been done, its been decided and there is little more to go on about.

You seem to know a lot about banned members and feedback, for a new member.......

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 October 2011, 07:46:13 »

Can't see what the fuss is all about.

If I'd read the thread first, I probably would have answered in the the same way as TB.

End of!

This forum was not started for sellers, it was intended to help owners with problems - hence the comprehensive Maintenance Section.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2011, 07:47:47 by Auto Addict »
I like red cars

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 October 2011, 07:47:55 »

Add to the fact that, although the OP may not have known that it had recently been brought up, I had already told him that it was recently been discussed and opened a can of worms I don't see that TB needed to add any more :-\

He was, however, as blunt as ever ::) ;D

Never mind... It's a new day! Best to draw a line under it and carry on :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 October 2011, 07:49:21 »

This forum was not started for sellers, it was intended to help owners with problems - hence the comprehensive Maintenance Section.
And we already know that the "For Sale" section can be a complete PITA for the Admin team anyway... Do we really want to add to their work load? ???

lastmadrich

• walsall west mdlands
    • p reg 2.5td
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 October 2011, 08:25:51 »

@darth that was the thread I was referring to mate yes and for all that haven't read this post from top to bottom as stated I've not taken a pop at person in question I simply stated I was not satisfied with the response received  not the person
@lazy I took note of your post that subject had bein covered I'm not disputing that
And as for the comment about rating system I'm no noob to the internet although I am new to these forums yes I have and do use eBay and will continue to do so this all getting out of hand I asked a q all be it covered and got an un acceptable response WHICH is what my gripe is about it you all keep saying how abrupt this person is yet I read a thread started by said person last night all there replies were nothing like what I received.
If you look after things in life they tend to last forever

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 October 2011, 08:44:43 »

Having not read said thread I found it:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=94757.15

Err what exactly is the problem here?  :-\ :-\

To be honest if you find that offensive & go into a rant about it, thats a bit pathetic really.  :-\

1) You could have PM'd him directly to discuss
2) What is achieved by creating another thread on it just that point? You never responded on the original post.

Your creating a lot of fuss over nothing!

lastmadrich

• walsall west mdlands
    • p reg 2.5td
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 October 2011, 08:54:57 »

@ tunnie yes mate like people keep saying time time again my whole point is lack of information I'm by far trying to stir up trouble and as for pm if I sent that as pm would be met with ignore , and , or even get over it you get my jist I done this way to make a point that it takes mins to construct a small informative post and as said here time and time again short straight to point ans well that all seems to gone out window here hasn't it I take my hat off to the loyalty to members and u accept at sun point I myself could offend sum1 but I'm starting to think this forums are not what I thought they were  :'(

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 October 2011, 09:00:37 »

@ tunnie yes mate like people keep saying time time again my whole point is lack of information I'm by far trying to stir up trouble and as for pm if I sent that as pm would be met with ignore , and , or even get over it you get my jist I done this way to make a point that it takes mins to construct a small informative post and as said here time and time again short straight to point ans well that all seems to gone out window here hasn't it I take my hat off to the loyalty to members and u accept at sun point I myself could offend sum1 but I'm starting to think this forums are not what I thought they were  :'(
As I said earlier... I would recommend just drawing a line under it all and starting again ;)

Unfortunately you broached a subject that was only recently a bit of a "sore point", which is probably why you got a short answer ;)

I wouldn't have bothered typing much more having looked through the previous posts that explained it had already been covered either TBH ;)

lastmadrich

• walsall west mdlands
    • p reg 2.5td
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 October 2011, 09:07:00 »

@lazy that point has bein dropped my point is that a short constructive would have sufficed yet so far I've bein called a trouble maker ,I've taken a dislike to said person ,I've bein called a lier what comes next your a wife beater and can sum1 please tell me what op stands for Ty in advance

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 October 2011, 09:09:24 »

As I said earlier... I would recommend just drawing a line under it all and stop moaning ;)

Unfortunately you broached a subject that was only recently a bit of a "sore point", which is probably why you got a short answer ;)

I wouldn't have bothered typing much more having looked through the previous posts that explained it had already been covered either TBH ;)

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 20 October 2011, 09:11:03 »

@lazy that point has bein dropped my point is that a short constructive would have sufficed yet so far I've bein called a trouble maker ,I've taken a dislike to said person ,I've bein called a lier what comes next your a wife beater and can sum1 please tell me what op stands for Ty in advance

Well you know some but not others!

"OP" - Original Post(er)

"TY" - Does everyone know that means Thank-you?

"sum1" - Your not 15 years old on a phone, your using a keyboard, secondly text speak is against forum rules.

albitz

« Reply #42 on: 20 October 2011, 09:11:12 »

Good advice in my opinion.Put it out of your mind.Accept it as crossed wires/miscommunication etc. and start again afresh from a clean sheet.Dont let it play on your mind,these people arent deliberately attacking you.They are fiercely loyal to TB and for good reason to be honest.For every person he is a bit blunt with,there are many more who he goes out of his way to help,most of whom you wont hear anything about. ;)
As said - forget this,and start again from scratch.Hopefully you will find the forum more friendly and welcoming as time passes. :y

justjohn

• West Lothian - Scotland
    • Transit Connect
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 20 October 2011, 09:11:26 »

but I'm starting to think this forums are not what I thought they were  :'(
Trouble is as a newbie you do not know what goes on behind the scenes. Any forum uses resources in the form of a server and bandwidth. I suspect the OOF admin is trying to get the best out of the forum, that may require to cutback on stuff that increases the load and makes the server unstable.

You have forum posts, the PM system, edit buttons and mods which add extra functionality to the forum. Some of the stuff also hogs resources and can make the forum unstable. If you have explained in the past and have to keep repeating yourself why something is missing then maybe nerves get a bit frayed.

If OOF admin is paying for the setup and keeping it going behind the scenes then cut him a bit of slack. Then again at 3 pages you could be a troll and achieving what you set out to do, cause disruption   ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20 October 2011, 09:11:56 »

OP = Original Poster = You in this case :y

Like I said... Things got heated, things were said :( No need to dissect it any further ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.