Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 14:31:45 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Doctor Gollum
3/4" or cutting your face open... 🤔

on: Today at 14:31:32 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
probably more interest in the manual  8) ones that have sprung up on ebay

My 2.6CD came with a manual box. I didn't like it.

Rumour has it the manual box for the Omega is lifted straight from a 1950's lorry. ::)

on: Today at 14:30:32 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by dave the builder
Local factors had an offer on for a 3/4" socket set - I can't remember how much but 60 comes to mind. I can barely lift it.....

I don't use it very often but I have found time and again that forcing a tool beyond it's limits results in breakages and often injury too  :( so I don't feel that I wasted my money.
60  sounds good ,but i don't think adding 3/4 sockets to my massive tool set would be viable when i own angle grinders and petrol disc cutters (my GO TO when a bolt is too big to shear off or undo  ;D)

on: Today at 14:28:17 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Nick W
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALEY-Tools-Cracker-SOCKET-Power-Bar-1-2-Drive-Extra-Long-750mm/180914562842?epid=1881187432&hash=item2a1f59271a:g:NSkAAOSwOzxZrUCl

Thank you Nick ,On your advice i will purchase one , but 17.25 seems a nicer price  :y

no one actually pays retail price do they ;)

on: Today at 14:24:19 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by dave the builder
Sealey AK7302 is good: about 30, 1/2" drive, 750mm long with a replaceable knuckle. Which I've just done on mine as I broke the square off trying to undo the Metro hubnut
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALEY-Tools-Cracker-SOCKET-Power-Bar-1-2-Drive-Extra-Long-750mm/180914562842?epid=1881187432&hash=item2a1f59271a:g:NSkAAOSwOzxZrUCl

Thank you Nick ,On your advice i will purchase one , but 17,25 seems a nicer price  :y
I also have a Snap On 600mm 1/2" drive ratchet which is excellent as you would expect for over 200.
I don't use ratchets until the nut is cracked on anything m10 or above

on: Today at 14:09:00 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Andy H
About 20 years ago I was struggling with big nuts and bolts on rusty Land Rovers and Range Rovers. My 1/2" ratchet is banana shaped because I tried (and gave up) trying to undo the bolts holding a tow ball onto a drop plate.

Local factors had an offer on for a 3/4" socket set - I can't remember how much but 60 comes to mind. I can barely lift it.....

Took it home, slipped the correct socket + ratchet handle onto the ball joint bolt and....... the bolt sheared clean off.

I don't use it very often but I have found time and again that forcing a tool beyond it's limits results in breakages and often injury too  :( so I don't feel that I wasted my money.

on: Today at 14:08:40 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by dave the builder
probably more interest in the manual  8) ones that have sprung up on ebay

on: Today at 14:01:13 
Incidentally there is a chasm of difference between being a Samaritan and pandering to/ enabling those who can't be arsed to help themselves.

on: Today at 13:57:19 
You really are some sort of Lady bits...

At no point did I suggest any behaviors from your first paragraph.

I deliberately ignored the references to these which you had alluded to in your earlier post as I couldn't place them in the context of the thread thereby dismissing them as an anti freedom rant.

Given your propensity for such ideologies, I would suggest, politely or otherwise, that you frequent a far less liberal forum... From a gulag.

on: Today at 13:52:41 
Started by Rods2 - Last post by Nick W
Sealey AK7302 is good: about 30, 1/2" drive, 750mm long with a replaceable knuckle. Which I've just done on mine as I broke the square off trying to undo the Metro hubnut - the first time it's ever failed to undo anything, including the V6 crankbolt which had the breaker bar bow shaped before the bolt loosened.

I also have a Snap On 600mm 1/2" drive ratchet which is excellent as you would expect for over 200. I used it so much that it had to have the ratchet replaced. I have suggested Sealey's equivalent many times over an impact wrench

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 12 queries.