Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Very Poor MPG. Help Please.  (Read 4777 times)

I_want_an_Omega

Re: Very Poor MPG. Help Please.
« Reply #45 on: 08 October 2009, 21:26:35 »

Would a 031 code be 2.5 petrol auto, non xenon 16 inch wheels please??

Can tech 2 be used to change a MID code?

Thanks

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • '99 2.5 CDX Mini-FL Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 October 2009, 14:45:07 »

Is it running at the correct temperature? (between 80 and 90 degrees celsius).

Has someone replaced the MID (computer display) and not coded it correctly?

good point, do you pump figures, match the MID?

you can check the mid coding ...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1167400262

although you need a real tech2 to change if its wrong.

Is there more information anywhere regarding the MID codes and their meanings and relation to wheel rim sizes?
John

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09 October 2009, 14:57:18 »

Would a 031 code be 2.5 petrol auto, non xenon 16 inch wheels please??

Can tech 2 be used to change a MID code?

Thanks

Manual Transmission
 Tyre size 195 / 65 R15, 205 / 65 R15, 235 / 45 R17
 Xenon light

Without:

Xenon light

Tyre size 225 / 55 R16
 Xenon light

Without:

Xenon light

Automatic Transmission
 Tyre size 195 / 65 R15, 205 / 65 R15, 235 / 45 R17
 Xenon light

Without:

Xenon light

Tyre size 225 / 55 R16
 Xenon light

Without:

Xenon light

So I would have said yours should be 35...unless im reading it wrong.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09 October 2009, 14:58:13 »

Is it running at the correct temperature? (between 80 and 90 degrees celsius).

Has someone replaced the MID (computer display) and not coded it correctly?

good point, do you pump figures, match the MID?

you can check the mid coding ...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1167400262

although you need a real tech2 to change if its wrong.

Is there more information anywhere regarding the MID codes and their meanings and relation to wheel rim sizes?

All in TIS, Ill try and put a post on with all the codes...

Ratty

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • '99 2.5 CDX Mini-FL Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09 October 2009, 15:19:30 »

Thanks jimbob :D :y
John

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #50 on: 10 October 2009, 08:17:57 »

Thanks JB,

It wouldn't surprise me as I suspect that "things have happened" to my car in the past.

I've got another MID from the same config so will swap them over at some some point and see what happen.

How easy is it to change with a tech 2?

Thanks .......... Rob

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 October 2009, 11:10:42 »

Thanks JB,

It wouldn't surprise me as I suspect that "things have happened" to my car in the past.

I've got another MID from the same config so will swap them over at some some point and see what happen.

How easy is it to change with a tech 2
?

Thanks .......... Rob

fairly!  only done one, as I dont have a tech2, took 10 mins, and most of that was finding the new code in tis!

Mal

• Southampton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 October 2009, 11:33:37 »

Right then... just a quick update.

Car is booked in tomorrow at Vauxhall for a Tech 2.

Put £50 in her and got 186 miles. 2 days of driving. Mostly motorway all at 60mph. God she is thirsty  :'(

Cheers for all your help. Haven't cheeked yet to see if the code 19 has gone yet. Apparently it takes 20 clean starts to clear. I daren't start her anymore as she is costing more than the wife.

All vac hoses have been checked. Rams work.

I'm thinking as I mentioned in a previous post I believe the previous owner got shot of her after finding out it will probably be an expensive fix. Probably be the CATS knowing my luck.

Still I'm prepared to pay to get her fixed than cut my loses and run.  :y Well of course this does depend on what Vauxhall sy. After all i'm not Rockerfella.  ;D

Let you all know the out come tomorrow  :)
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

feeutfo

« Reply #53 on: 14 October 2009, 12:16:19 »

Put £50 in her and got 186 miles. 2 days of driving. Mostly motorway all at 60mph. God she is thirsty  :'(

Cheers for all your help. Haven't cheeked yet to see if the code 19 has gone yet. Apparently it takes 20 clean starts to clear. I daren't start her anymore as she is costing more than the wife.

I'm thinking as I mentioned in a previous post I believe the previous owner got shot of her after finding out it will probably be an expensive fix. Probably be the CATS knowing my luck.

Still I'm prepared to pay to get her fixed than cut my loses and run.  :y Well of course this does depend on what Vauxhall sy. After all i'm not Rockerfella.  ;D

Oh mate, i really wouldn't bother with vx. Most likely out come, they will take your money, scratch their heads, then tell you it needs a new ecu, or engine, or something really expensive in the hope they get the work, but they wont be sure so it will all be at your own risk.

Far better to get Kevin or The Boy to look at it with their own tech 2. Their diagnostic skills are miles better than any vx hoody.

mantahatch

« Reply #54 on: 14 October 2009, 12:31:26 »

Hi Mal
I am in the Southampton area, and for my sins work in Southampton. To be honest I don't think you will get much better mpg from your car than you are getting. I drive 6 miles to work and 6.5 miles home again (different route) and with a very light right foot I get an average of 20mpg. push it hard and it goes but the consumption goes through the floor.
Driving in Southampton area is a nightmare for fuel consumption. all we have are slow roads and traffic lights.
awhile back I did a test driving round Southampton at 30mph and I averaged about 15mpg, then drove the same route at 40mph and got it up to 22mpg.

Oh yes and don't go to hartwells in the avenue there customer service is appaling. Goto Picador in Sholing or Picador in Chandlers Ford, or probably better still one of the chaps on here with tech2.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 14 October 2009, 13:14:36 »

Hi Mal
I am in the Southampton area, and for my sins work in Southampton. To be honest I don't think you will get much better mpg from your car than you are getting. I drive 6 miles to work and 6.5 miles home again (different route) and with a very light right foot I get an average of 20mpg. push it hard and it goes but the consumption goes through the floor.
Driving in Southampton area is a nightmare for fuel consumption. all we have are slow roads and traffic lights.
awhile back I did a test driving round Southampton at 30mph and I averaged about 15mpg, then drove the same route at 40mph and got it up to 22mpg.

Oh yes and don't go to hartwells in the avenue there customer service is appaling. Goto Picador in Sholing or Picador in Chandlers Ford, or probably better still one of the chaps on here with tech2.

Or if you really can't get to Kevin, try a company called Vauxtech. I think they're still trading and if they are they're worth a look... They know their onions and are in Southampton :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #56 on: 14 October 2009, 14:11:08 »

Hi Mal

I would tend to agree.I have had a week off work so have been driving(very gently) around the local be  roads this week,I have achieved the grand figure of 18.5 mpg.Shocking imo. :o :'(

It looks like rhe word filter wont let me use the capital  letter to name the type of road properly,keeps coming up as "be" - bizzare ? :-? :-/
« Last Edit: 14 October 2009, 14:15:00 by albitz »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 14 October 2009, 14:18:10 »

It looks like rhe word filter wont let me use the capital  letter to name the type of road properly,keeps coming up as "be" - bizzare ? :-? :-/

Ah! That explains why my name is altered when I'm quoted!!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 14 October 2009, 14:19:06 »

Ah! That explains why my name is altered when I'm quoted!!

Like this ........  :-?  :-?  :-?   
It's about time people stopped playing!!  :-/  :-/
« Last Edit: 14 October 2009, 14:20:06 by Andy_B »

Mal

• Southampton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 14 October 2009, 15:56:20 »

Now I'm confused. When I bought the car I was happy about the MPG. After all a big V6. Then looking around on here I saw people quoting they get 35mph on motorways and an average of 25mph roud town.

Now I get nowhere near this.... well I lie... going down hill with my foot of the gas the MPG does go up to 50 odd mpg.

I have never had any better than 20mpg. Long runs aswell as I mentioned above.

Now people are saying that this is normal. 15 to 20 mpg.

Right me now is very confused. :-?

Do I waste £70 on a Tech2?

Car does run fine. TICK OVER IS @ 500RPM. iT DOES HUNT ON THE ODD OCCASION THOUGH. Opps sorry for the shouting :-[
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.