Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 2002(51) MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale  (Read 11166 times)

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
3.2 2002(51) MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale
« on: 20 February 2010, 13:23:55 »

Ok, its time to sell, as I think I have a company car on the way.

Just over 70K with full Vauxhall service history and a cambelt and tensioner kit at 58K (No evidence, but rang Vauxhall dealer who serviced it and they confirmed, you can do the same if interested), full book pack and radio code cards.
 The temp runs nice and low with everything working as it should. The car is in very good condition with just a small rust patch under the rear logo badge on the boot, plus a small scratch, ideally I would get the tailgate painted, but thats me. I did re-paint the front and rear bumpers when I got the car and re-furbished the alloys.

I'm the 3rd keeper and it has six months tax, only has an MOT until April, but happy to do a new one at the right price. Just had two new tyres and booked for a service, although not due until 74K.

Took the car to the South of France last year and it really was a fantastic drive returning 29MPG over 1400 miles, thats with me driving and with a roof box!

Sad to see it go, but I really dont have room for the Omega, Vectra, Frontera and now a company car. Way better than average and in much better condition than most 3 year old cars.

Looking for offers around £2500 with the service and new MOT. 

I understand only 30 of these are stil registered, so a rare car, take a look

PM me with any questions. Although viewings are highly recomended. :y
« Last Edit: 20 February 2010, 19:14:22 by Monza »
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 2001 MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2010, 13:28:57 »

very nice, that will sell fast, good luck  :y

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2010, 13:33:26 »

Thank you, I really dont want to sell, but the insurance costs are adding up and I have no space left. I think its a good price for the mileage, so fingers crossed! I will want the very close to the asking price if I'm gonna service and MOT as thats a £300 bill for me through Vauxhall, Ouch :o
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2010, 14:16:49 »

mmmmmmm

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2010, 17:44:09 »

Ok, its time to sell, as I think I have a company car on the way.

Just over 70K with full Vauxhall service history and a cambelt and tensioner kit at 58K (No evidence, but rang Vauxhall dealer who serviced it and they confirmed, you can do the same if interested), full book pack and radio code cards.
 The temp runs nice and low with everything working as it should. The car is in very good condition with just a small rust patch under the rear logo badge on the boot, plus a small scratch, ideally I would get the tailgate painted, but thats me. I did re-paint the front and rear bumpers when I got the car and re-furbished the alloys.

I'm the 3rd keeper and it has six months tax, only has an MOT until April, but happy to do a new one at the right price. Just had two new tyres and booked for a service, although not due until 74K.

Took the car to the South of France last year and it really was a fantastic drive returning 29MPG over 1400 miles, thats with me driving and with a roof box!

Sad to see it go, but I really dont have room for the Omega, Vectra, Frontera and now a company car. Way better than average and in much better condition than most 3 year old cars.

Looking for offers around £2500 with the service and new MOT. 

I understand only 30 of these are stil registered, so a rare car, take a look

How did you determine that? That would be a good thing for anyone to check on their own model if they knew how to.

Thansk

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2010, 18:18:08 »

It was on a post here last year. 30 3.2 MV6 Estates registered at the DVLA. I dont know how you check that, but I must say I cant say when I last passed another on the road.

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 2002(51) MV6 Auto Estate with 71K For sale
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2010, 22:06:49 »

If you read my previous posts you will see i am after a 3.2 MV6(preferably with leather and sunroof but i may never find one).
The car looks very well but these pics are seven months old and taken straight after the wheel refurb and front and rear bumper respray. So obviously,do you have any more recent photos or has the car remained unblemished since?I would definitely like a photo of the rust and scratch to the tailgate you have mentioned.
Mechanically,did you have the faults rectified i.e. suspect wheel bearing and a leak of fluid that you asked advice from the forum about?
Has the car had any parts of the exhaust replaced in yours or the previous owners ownership?
Does the service history come with receipts for any work carried out and at what mileage are the service intervals?
Of course i must ask does it have any oil leaks?
Has it had the tech2 ecu upgrades for the auto gearbox and the climate control?
Any knocks or rattles or unexplained vibrations whilst driving at all and are any of  the brake discs or pads due for change?
Lastly for now,what brand of tyres did you just have fitted and how much tread is on the other 2,are they all the same make?
Apologies for the list of questions but i am quite happy buying without viewing(i am appx. 200 miles away,400 round trip,subject to a test drive.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2010, 23:33:38 »

Must confess... It doesn't tick all the boxes for me, but I'm tempted ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2010, 02:22:15 »

The only changes since the photos and other anwsers to your questions:

1. Two very small stone chips to drivers front wheel since refurb, will try to photo next week.
2. One very small mark next to front number plate, will try to photo next week, but very small.
3. Wheel bearings are fine, no noise or issues.
4. Leaking auto box coolant pipe replaced, i did ask for forum help at the time and got it.
5. New front discs and pads fitted 5,000 miles ago.
6. Dunlop sports on front with 6mm to 7mm remaining, rears are the same with around 3.5mm to 4mm remaining.
7. New exhaust fitted from Cat back by seller at time of purchase, including rear box.
8. Service at 12,375, 24, 065, 33,833, 45,899, 58,746. No receips but all Phoenix Vauxhall in Wimbledon, says next service due at 73,946.
9. No vibrations, knocks or rattles.
10, No known ECU upgrade for auto box or climate control, although both work fine.   
11, Rust under tailgate logo badge I will photo next week, but scratch is only surface deep and is already in the close up of the rear shot and not showing, very difficult to photo.

If I took the photos again, they would look the same, it still looks that good, but please remember this car is now fast heading for 10 years old though. I have shown Monza's for years and would happily take this to a stand at a show with no work.

Hope that gives you the information you need, I work 8am to 10pm 7 days, so will try hard to get the photos up, but please be patient. Its 2am now and I need my bed. Easy take and email i can do, but all that photobucket stuff takes time. Let me have an email by PM and I will send quicker.

Thanks. :)

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2010, 08:05:49 »

Sorry, missed one of your questions. Q: Does it have any oil leaks. A: Not that I am aware, my local garage changed a gasket when I got it, after they checked it over. Its been sitting on my drive for two weeks now, with no drips. So all seems fine there.

Off to work now, so no more responses until tonight. :)    
« Last Edit: 21 February 2010, 08:29:10 by Monza »

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2010, 11:06:26 »

Impressed,pm sent.

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2010, 10:41:12 »

I guessed wrong, I thought this may of have had some interest, everyone seems to always want a 3.2 Low mileage Estate, just not mine I guess! ;D anyway off to the EBAY next week, with a fresh MOT.

If anyone here is interested, my bottom line is £2200 with a new MOT (Thursday) and a service or £2000 as it stands. Have had a very detailed mechanical inspection and I can say the car does needs a rocker cover gasket, as its weeping. Other than that, find a better one if you can :)

Also has recently had a £100 valet and mop plus new VAUXHALL Rubber Mats £50 and boot tray £25, nothing much, but it all helps.

Lazydocker, why not take a look, i'm only up the road and work even closer in Saxmundham.

PM me if interested. 
« Last Edit: 28 February 2010, 10:43:54 by Monza »

david_omega

« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2010, 10:47:07 »

thats a clean old bus, someone will snap that up right away

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 February 2010, 11:40:05 »

I'm surprised nobody has bought it already. With friends in Ipswich and a customer in Beccles I certainly would if I had time to get down to it, and also if I could afford it, which is the main thing for me.

I will be checking ebay closely now...
To do: Replace brake discs and pads; adjust already replaced shoes; check for leaks in oil cooler, cambelt area, crank seals, sump, dipstick; replace osf door; replace a tyre; clean, MOT.

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 February 2010, 12:13:56 »

If you fancy visiting one of your customers in either Beccles or Ipswich, let me know and I will meet up with you I am always around with a bit of notice!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.