Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best car you have had  (Read 6292 times)

amigov6

Re: Best car you have had
« Reply #30 on: 14 July 2009, 21:08:15 »

rover sd1 3.5 v8
I'm with you on the SD1's. The car that never had a chance due to BL build quality. :'(

.....and shite design!

Mine would be my old 1.2 Nova
Oddly, I was thinking about the worse car, and I reckon mine was the 1.2 Nova I had. A reg one.

Motor was willing enough, but I couldn't get the seats/mirrors adjusted to be comfortable/usable.

I really ragged the tits off that car though, and it emabrrased a few drivers of supposedly superior cars, as the thing did go round corners pretty well.
[/quote Novas? Easier to get on 3 wheels than proper Minis....yes i've tried both but never owned a Nova!!!!! ::)

mars

• Omega Baron
  • Cannock, Staffordshire
    • Vivaro Sportive BMW 330d
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 July 2009, 21:08:17 »

Best all rounder, 1982 Capri 2.8 Injection. Fast and reliable (brakes not the best, rear drums). In 3 and half years spent virtually nothing on it and sold it for only £50 less than I paid. Sounded lovely aswell :) :)
There is no such thing as bad beer, some beers are better than others.

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 July 2009, 21:13:15 »

my explod including manifold gasket leak and rotten pipes into backbox which made for a V8 sounding mig which was 'interesting' to drive sideways in the wet lol

i have to admit i ended up sideways down a dual carriageway trying to push it a bit and nearly went into a parked tranny van dropping the clutch in second when I picked it up lol!

:y
V8!!!!

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 July 2009, 21:30:44 »

'91 Rover 820si fastback - extremely comfortable and spacious and felt like you were sitting on your sofa. A very relaxing drive and nothing really went wrong with it. I still miss that car.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 July 2009, 21:57:09 »

Pontiac pariesienne.  5.7 Chevey Lump and tansam running gear.

looked like and old brick, and pissed all over everything on 4 wheels that tried it on. (ate 911 Turbo's for breakfast and would spin the wheels on kick down @90mph)

handled nicely as well, put it on 215/60VR15 P6's

Massive boot and seated 7 on the bench seats.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14 July 2009, 22:18:08 »

MAJ 102W
Rover sdi twin turbo blow through janspeed system :y

0to 60 extremely quickly
 and 3 weeks to stop it in spite of fitting jag brakes!!!
brilliant motor tho!! :y
How did it compare to your Lotus Carlton powered Omega?

phew tough question, had it four years all told but i was young free and single :y so could afford to run it quite hapopily alongside my mk11 zodiac convertible,
performance wise for its day it was stupidly fast, it once left bicester with four of us in it, to get to middlencheney golf course in 20mins to make out tee times, it made it but the brakes were on fire, as i was informed by a rather snooty gentleman who ran in the proshop after we abandoned the car in the car park to sign in!! :o i had only fitted new pads the day before!!! :'(

out of the two think i would say the monstermeega would have been the better car in spite of it being horrendous insurance wise  ;D it was just so unexpected for a 2.0gls to be doing 150plus with absolute ease!!! but the rover will always have a place in my all time great cars!!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14 July 2009, 22:39:47 »

Fav car is the omega

Not had many cars, but the best was probably my old Astra estate I had from new,

1.8, all the toys, built to my spec as a company car, would have bought it at the end if it hadnt been so rather unlucky  :'(

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14 July 2009, 22:44:21 »

About 5 years ago I had a 1991 Audi S2 coupe. Fantastic motor. Had it professionly chipped by someone on the s2forum to 260bhp. Fitted 18" RS6 Alloys. Car only cost me £2500 and was stupidly fast. Very Very Underated Machine.

But amazingly that wasn't my favourite. I can't explain why but when I was 19 (1994) i brought a 1985 Vauxhall Carlton (MK 2 I think). It was a lowly 1.8GL Saloon in an interesting shade of browny orange. It had 140,000 miles on it and it was spotless. I loved that car, by far the best armchair I ever had. Sold it to a taxi driver who took i up to 320,000 miles with a recon engine.

Worst Car. A 1998 Daewoo Nubira 2.0CDX Estate. What an utter pile of c**p. No exageration, that thing was in the garage every 2 weeks!!! It was bloody quick though, I still remember the copper telling me he had never seen one accelerate through 100mph so easily :y, before he gave me the ticket that banned me for a month :( :(. (In my defence it was a company car, I didn't have any choice)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #38 on: 14 July 2009, 23:16:05 »

erm..Bugatti..not sure though ;D

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 July 2009, 11:14:32 »

erm..Bugatti..not sure though ;D

yes - for me it was a toss up between the Bugatti or the Maclaren....   oh hang on , that was last night in the land of nod ;D

For me it was the MG Maestro that I had on loan while waiting for my Mk2 Cavalier.  It was an ex company car and had been ragged well run in by its previous keeper.   Despite all its design faults (couldn't change a tape when in 5th gear!) it was a real hoot to drive.

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 July 2009, 12:25:32 »

Vec 150 2.2,superb. :y
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

amigov6

« Reply #41 on: 18 July 2009, 20:03:49 »

rover sd1 3.5 v8
I'm with you on the SD1's. The car that never had a chance due to BL build quality. :'(

.....and shite design!

Mine would be my old 1.2 Nova
Shite design? I think not. The design was cock on it was the build quality that let the SD1 down. Granted the 4 cyl engines had head issues at 30k but did'nt the first FWD Cavs????
   If some one else built the SD1 it would've been the pearler it always had the potential to be. A good twin plenum Vitesse will give any Mig a run for it's money in terms of speed & comfort (If you can find one) but it will & sounds even better.
   We'll never agree on cars will we?!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Macduff

• Intermediate Member
  • Bedfordshire
    • Omege 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18 July 2009, 20:18:07 »

My current miggy.
 If I discount my mig it would have to be my 2.0 CDXi Carlton I was sad to get rid of it, it had a bad tin worm infection
Born free taxed to death

Proz

• Omega Baron
  • Largoward , Fife , Scotland
    • Omega-less now :-/
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 July 2009, 20:28:31 »

A few years ago i had a 740 BMW  , did everything apart from wipe your a**e ..... loved it and maybe one day i'll get another  .... people used to think i was mad cause of the fuel consumption but i was lucky if i did 3000 miles a year then .... :y
« Last Edit: 18 July 2009, 20:31:01 by Mark38 »
Get yourself Giff Gaff'ed here :-) ...  http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/proz

x.ray

• walsall west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18 July 2009, 20:59:12 »

volvo960 estate.
3.0 24 valve with every extra. much lamented ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.