Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:14:01 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Kevin Wood

The immune systems of the young today is not as robust as in my day.

We'd wipe our arse on a piece of newspaper and then and then lick the contents of the bowl*.

* Uncooked cake mix. :y

Eee when I were a lad, we lived int ole int groond and ate coal for tea!  Never did us any arm!  ;D

Coal, in Darzett?.I thought it was tin mining in your neck of the woods, or is that Cornwall. ;)
Quite right. They chew on offcuts of hemp down there, which explains a lot. ::)

on: Today at 12:08:22 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti

We'd wipe our arse on a piece of newspaper and then and then lick the contents of the bowl*.

Eee when I were a lad, we lived int ole int groond and ate coal for tea!  Never did us any arm!  ;D

Coal, in Darzett?.I thought it was tin mining in your neck of the woods, or is that Cornwall. ;)

on: Today at 11:50:14 
Started by LC0112G - Last post by tunnie
I think I managed to free mine off by using a socket instead, because it had rounded I managed to just force a 7mm on enough, to get it going.

on: Today at 11:40:58 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Sir Tigger QC

on: Today at 11:29:43 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by tunnie
About right, as from here:

Waterpump: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Omega-MK2-B-2-2-16V-Genuine-First-Line-Water-Pump-/361633190682?fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall%7CModel%3AOmega&hash=item543304931a:g:yKwAAOSwZVlXs7Wr

Kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Omega-B-2-2-16V-Gates-Cambelt-Kit-49080-/141542321800?fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall%7CModel%3AOmega&epid=1368600823&hash=item20f4946e88:g:ZrQAAOSwmrlUt5-B

Obviously need the cam wedge tool as well, observe where the water pump sits. As when refitting, there is a lot of movement in water pump position, that can impact the tensioner.

on: Today at 11:23:59 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Lizzie Zoom
I think office environments, with circulating air-con and such means you get exposed to more that you would if not working.

There are over 10,000 people on site here, with around 2,500 in the building I'm in. That alone means more cold and sniffles floating around!

Not just the a/c but all those people who pick their nose, wipe their arse and then touch the door handles without washing their hands, ready to deposit some germs for the next person to touch before they pick their nose, rub their eyes and wipe their arse ;)
[/highlight]

* Uncooked cake mix.
:y

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :y

on: Today at 11:18:14 
Started by Steve Brookman - Last post by Fuse 19
If you floor the throttle and crank for a few seconds, then stopping and starting as normal does it fire up ok?

on: Today at 11:17:50 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
I think office environments, with circulating air-con and such means you get exposed to more that you would if not working.

There are over 10,000 people on site here, with around 2,500 in the building I'm in. That alone means more cold and sniffles floating around!

Not just the a/c but all those people who pick their nose, wipe their arse and then touch the door handles without washing their hands, ready to deposit some germs for the next person to touch before they pick their nose, rub their eyes and wipe their arse ;)
[/highlight]

on: Today at 11:12:08 
Started by Shackeng - Last post by aaronjb
I imagine Google do know.

If you use Google they log everything you do and every piece of meta data they can get their hands on which likely includes your IP address, browser meta data and so on. (These days that includes things like - what fonts are installed on your PC, how your audio drivers behave, timings, OS version.. everything they can collect so that they can still tell it's "you" whether or not you've cleared your cookies, deleted your browser history, recited the mantra and logged out of all services. Google Browser Fingerprinting and read some of the university papers on it if you want to be really frightened!)

When you browse from another device in your house some of that meta data will certainly match (IP address, for one) and they'll use that to determine it's probably "you" and serve you ads for things you've searched for.

Google do it, Facebook do it, Youtube do it, Yahoo do it.. anyone providing a service for 'free' will do it.

If you don't like it - don't use the internet! Definitely don't use any major search engine - try Duck Duck Go, who do no tracking.

Of course, that won't help you when most websites use Google AdSense and/or AdWords for their advertising, of course, which means Google still get to know what sites you've been to, even if you never visit Google.

There are steps you can take to prevent that - like installing something like Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere, maybe AdBlockPlus or whatever the equivalents are across all your devices to block Google tracking cookies (and many other companies doing the same thing).. but unless you're technically savvy I'd suggest putting up with it ;)

on: Today at 11:09:37 
Started by Bigron - Last post by Lizzie Zoom

......and then you have the self-abusers. (I actual said wxxkers!!)........... :o :o :o :o :o :D :D ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 11 queries.