Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 13:34:19 
Started by Shackeng - Last post by TD
As above, I have the BD-h8500m blu- ray plus freeview recorder. Unsurprisingly, as the warranty has just expired,  the disc tray fails to open. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on t'web, but none specific to this model. Any ideas to resolve this?

My hifi is like that.....don't often use the cd player in it....but when I do want to use it, I can guarantee the cd wont open.....so I encourage it to open with a knife....when I press the eject button....that works and once its open it works fine until I next want to use it  :y

However ive been looking at this Denon...

https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/compactsystem/mini/dm41dab

So. I suspect the dodgy hifi maybe subject to the bin soon  ;) ;D

on: Today at 13:31:38 
Started by Lincs Robert - Last post by Tilbo
Personally while under warranty I would stick with what they recommend , after that do whenever you think necessary.

Issue being problems start after warranty period, if you follow their schedule.

Id either DIY change via dip stick (or dedicated tube?) or ring a few Volvo mains and indies for a quote. If using manufacture specified oil, no issues with warranty  :y

Had several new vehicles over the years all serviced as per schedule never experienced any problems.

on: Today at 13:24:11 
Started by RobseyMV6 - Last post by RobseyMV6
Grill now sold

on: Today at 12:52:57 
Started by Shackeng - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
As above, I have the BD-h8500m blu- ray plus freeview recorder. Unsurprisingly, as the warranty has just expired,  the disc tray fails to open. I've tried all the suggestions I can find on t'web, but none specific to this model. Any ideas to resolve this?
If it is 'just' out of warranty there may be an element of good will to be had.

Worth a try if all else fails.

on: Today at 12:52:11 
Started by terry paget - Last post by Nick W
No, the poxy things are all over modern cars. But unlike a Jubilee clip which covers a range of sizes and can be adjusted once in place, the spring clip is only good for one. And only then if it hasn't been distorted by previous removal/refitting attempts. I don't trust them, and always replace them on my cars.

on: Today at 12:51:55 
Started by Lincs Robert - Last post by tunnie
Personally while under warranty I would stick with what they recommend , after that do whenever you think necessary.

Issue being problems start after warranty period, if you follow their schedule.

Id either DIY change via dip stick (or dedicated tube?) or ring a few Volvo mains and indies for a quote. If using manufacture specified oil, no issues with warranty  :y

on: Today at 12:48:30 
Started by Lincs Robert - Last post by Nick W
If it's petrol, then I wouldn't worry about it - that's what modern fully synthetic oil is meant for.

Diesels are another matter; I wouldn't run it past half the recommended interval without a change.

on: Today at 12:45:18 
Started by BazaJT - Last post by Nick W
Would it not be a good idea, before the 2 yearly brake fluid change, to put in some worn out brake pads in the rear brakes, force out the pistons hydraulically, and clean them up with steel wool?

if you're going to bleed the brakes anyway, pop them right out and clean them completely. Although I'd use scotchbrite rather than steel wool

on: Today at 12:43:23 
Started by Lincs Robert - Last post by Tilbo

on: Today at 12:33:54 
Started by terry paget - Last post by terry paget
My silver estate Omega would loose fuel line pressure after a day's rest. I eventually traced the fault to jubilee clips having been used in an earlier fuel pump change. I replaced one of them with a spring clip I had lying around, and used a new Jubilee clip for the other. Now the fault has reappeared. Halfords do not stock them. Are they Vauxhall only items?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 11 queries.