Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Doors deadlocked - can't open them  (Read 4275 times)

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
Re: Doors deadlocked - can't open them
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2012, 08:57:51 »

Could do with some advice on this one please guys...

I'm got a MFL estate here and it's got a problem with the deadlock system.  I can open the drivers door with the key, and also the tailgate, but the other 3 doors are deadlocked.

I've had the drivers door panel off, and checked all the connections there which all seem fine.  I've dropped the door lock mechanism off the back of the handle to exercise the deadlock micro switches manually.  Also unplugged the lock connector and shorted both circuits to earth.  I can hear a relay type click when I short the lock circuit, but bugger all when I short the unlock circuit.  Also checked the central locking fuse (20 IIRC) and that's ok.

I'm not necessarily looking for a permanent fix here, but I do need to get all the doors open, so any ideas or tricks to pop the locks would be ideal.

TIA  :y

Wondering if you get the same relay response as above when you use the key in the drivers lock. If not, would it be worth holding the relevent microswitch in manually while pulling on the osr door pin with a bit of force  :-\
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2012, 12:46:04 »

Are we talking about the Diesel Estate here James?

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 February 2012, 18:20:10 »

No Chris, the central locking seems to be working fine on the tractor mate.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 February 2012, 18:32:21 »

For a one-off unlocking of all the doors I would be inclined to remove the central locking ECU and administer a 12V pulse to the motor wiring directly.

Note that the switch behind the key switch is in series with a switch inside the driver's door locking motor, so for it to work the driver's door locking mechanism needs to be in the right state and the motor needs to contain the switch in the first place.

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 February 2012, 19:22:31 »

Thanks Kevin.  Is it possible then that the replacement motor in the drivers door is in fact a passenger motor, and so doesn't contain the deadlock micro switch (seem to remember reading that somewhere on the forum) ?

As I don't have a spare motor to hand, I think the 12v direct to the motors is my best option.  Any idea which pins I need to short out, as there are quite a few going to the ecu?
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 February 2012, 20:11:38 »

Thanks Kevin.  Is it possible then that the replacement motor in the drivers door is in fact a passenger motor, and so doesn't contain the deadlock micro switch (seem to remember reading that somewhere on the forum) ?

As I don't have a spare motor to hand, I think the 12v direct to the motors is my best option.  Any idea which pins I need to short out, as there are quite a few going to the ecu?

Front door motors are both the same, rears are different from the front but both rears are the same as each other.  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 February 2012, 20:13:39 »

Ok, cool, dont forget though on that TD if dead locked and the Battery gets flat, the key wont open the dead lock, will need looking at one day.

;)

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 February 2012, 20:43:06 »

Ok, cool, dont forget though on that TD if dead locked and the Battery gets flat, the key wont open the dead lock, will need looking at one day.

;)

I'd better let Paul know then, as he collected the TD today.  I mentioned to him to give you a shout for the spare key, rear headrests, etc.  :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 February 2012, 20:46:36 »

Front door motors are both the same, rears are different from the front but both rears are the same as each other.  :y

Must have dreamt that bit then.  ::)  Hopefully someone can help with shorting the wires at the ecu, otherwise it's gonna be time to break out the angle grinder!!  >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 February 2012, 20:49:46 »

Must have dreamt that bit then.  ::)  Hopefully someone can help with shorting the wires at the ecu, otherwise it's gonna be time to break out the angle grinder!!  >:(

Senators had different passenger motors from the drivers, which IIRC were both different from the rears.  ;)

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 February 2012, 21:55:45 »

Just re-read KW's How2 on repairing a central locking motor...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90642.0

He definately says that only the driver's motor contains the 2nd micro switch...

Trouble is, even if I dismantle this one and prove the micro switch is missing, I don't have a driver's one to put in place of it.  I wonder if anyone has one I could borrow...  :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 February 2012, 21:58:15 »

He definately says that only the driver's motor contains the 2nd micro switch...

I was going off what I was told when I replaced my driver's door locking motor, and IIRC the marks around the securing screws would have suggested it had origianlly been used on the other side of the car.  :-\ :-\

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 February 2012, 22:23:43 »

I was going off what I was told when I replaced my driver's door locking motor, and IIRC the marks around the securing screws would have suggested it had origianlly been used on the other side of the car.  :-\ :-\

TBh honest Andy, I've always thought the same as you.  I'm sure when I've removed the from cars in the past, both front motors looked identical and had the same part number on them.  :-\

Hopefully KW will be along soon to clear things up.  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 February 2012, 22:27:17 »

I bet Rob G will have a photo of all types first though  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 February 2012, 22:29:40 »

I bet Rob G will have a photo of all types first though  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

No doubt mate!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.