Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TC and spanner on car lights  (Read 6224 times)

m0rmh

• kendal
    • 2.6 elite
    • View Profile
Re: TC and spanner on car lights
« Reply #30 on: 13 November 2013, 06:59:02 »

having a look around, you need to contact bba-reman as it look's like your ABS Control Module may have packed up, if so you can send it to them and they repair them,

Said that a few posts ago ::)

I got that 1 ::) :y

m0rmh

• kendal
    • 2.6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 November 2013, 13:29:34 »

Borrowed a code reader of a friend its obd2, and when I plug it in it displays connection error,  also as I plug it in the stereo turns on, (this is with ignition off)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 November 2013, 18:32:33 »

Ign needs to be on.

You need a decent code reader, not the cheap tat, as you need to look in engine ecu, abs ecu and tcm for this one.
Grumpy old man

m0rmh

• kendal
    • 2.6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 November 2013, 20:16:05 »

Sorry it was ignition off first, then to turn ign on after code reader had been connected, then it tried to talk to car which is when it came up with conection error.

darrenfos

• Intermediate Member
  • eastleigh
    • omega elite manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 November 2013, 21:00:50 »

the (cheap tat one's) granted cant go into depth in the car's brain but they can read and delete most faults  and if its more serious than it warrant's a main dealer anyway. a £20 reader does work and does what a £300 one does but without the price tag, u read it, fix it, delete it, job done. as it is im up £40 (vaux charge £60 reader cost £20) from 1st job.
omega is like marmite you know the rest

m0rmh

• kendal
    • 2.6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 November 2013, 22:09:32 »

So looking round the forum, more than likely abs ecu fail, thinking of second hand part as temp fix and send mine off for refurb, where do I find part number to get same unit,

albitz

« Reply #36 on: 13 November 2013, 22:35:45 »

Ive got one from a 3.2 auto here.Not sure if it will be suitable,but if you get the part number etc. we could compare and see if its the same. Are you planning on just swapping the ECU or the whole pump including ECU ?

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #37 on: 14 November 2013, 00:55:30 »

So looking round the forum, more than likely abs ecu fail, thinking of second hand part as temp fix and send mine off for refurb, where do I find part number to get same unit,

Helpfully on bottom of ecu where you can't see it 8)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

m0rmh

• kendal
    • 2.6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 November 2013, 07:07:19 »

Ive got one from a 3.2 auto here.Not sure if it will be suitable,but if you get the part number etc. we could compare and see if its the same. Are you planning on just swapping the ECU or the whole pump including ECU ?
hoping to just swap ecu, also sounds about right for my luck with where the part number is!. Going to look at the weekend,  as it is too dark and bloody wet of a night to do after work will let you know

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14 November 2013, 15:59:35 »

I wouldn't be too hasty. As said, you need to get diagnostic information from all 3 ECUs to get the full picture. The classic ABS ECU failure causes both TC and ABS lights to come on, and total failure of the ECU including speedometer output. You are not seeing these symptoms therefore your ABS ecu is most probably fine.

In my experience, if ONLY a TC fault is reported by the lights, then it's a problem with communication between the gearbox, engine and ABS ECU since all 3 have to communicate for traction control to work. ABS functionality is stand-alone, so if this isn't indicating a fault, the ABS ECU itself is seeing no fault.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

albitz

« Reply #40 on: 14 November 2013, 17:29:48 »

Good thinking. Get it to a tech2 with someone who knows how to use it,before throwing parts at it. :y
Kendal is a bit awkward. Its either down to Nottingham to see Fuse 18,or up to Fife o see Hotel 21.

m0rmh

• kendal
    • 2.6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14 November 2013, 20:36:15 »

[quote
I wouldn't be too hasty. As said, you need to get diagnostic information from all 3 ECUs to get the full picture. The classic ABS ECU failure causes both TC and ABS lights to come on, and total failure of the ECU including speedometer output. You are not seeing these symptoms therefore your ABS ecu is most probably fine.

In my experience, if ONLY a TC fault is reported by the lights, then it's a problem with communication between the gearbox, engine and ABS ECU since all 3 have to communicate for traction control to work. ABS functionality is stand-alone, so if this isn't indicating a fault, the ABS ECU itself is seeing no fault.
[/quote]

my symptoms- TC light on constant, car with spanner light constant,  speedo works fine,
gearbox in drive feels like it is in winter /snow mode,  but using first gear picks up no problem.  Also no sport mode and no winter/snow mode, feels like gearbox running in a safe mode. Engine runs fine, TC button on dash does nothing . Think that is everything,  when we did pedal test got codes-- 2100 2106 2108   and 0500 twice,  does paper clip test do same thing as pedal test?

05omegav6

« Reply #42 on: 14 November 2013, 20:38:28 »

Have you tried a new switch before you get too involved :-\

m0rmh

• kendal
    • 2.6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 14 November 2013, 21:19:07 »

Have you tried a new switch before you get too involved :-\

no haven't, but was wondering how the switch comes off, thinking of having a look at it over the weekend, along with other jobs to do, it is on the check list ,

05omegav6

« Reply #44 on: 14 November 2013, 21:20:54 »

Carefully pops out :y

This might help...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90507.0

Shows you what to expect, but TC does simply pull out :y
« Last Edit: 14 November 2013, 21:33:54 by ex taxi al »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.