Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157198 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #585 on: 28 May 2012, 16:20:45 »

Still a very long thread this one.

feeutfo

« Reply #586 on: 28 May 2012, 17:08:01 »

You could all just get a life. Problem solved. Next one.

X2

The only two people that this spat really affects is Jimbob and Daz, why does it have to affect the rest of us? I stopped caring about this about 2 minutes after it happened...

The admins do a great job IMO, a better, more tolerant bunch would be hard to find anywhere I reckon, especially when you think they do it in their own time. Everybody makes mistakes, and I think every single one of them has admitted this about 50 times each now, so I fail to see what progress we're going to make on this thread until we all just leave it be
Seems a fair view too Jc, but there seems / appears to be some apprehension and concern over the two main meets where, personally, I would hope we can enjoy the usuall antics without any hostile atmosphere or worrys over all this. Numbers are down and apart from anything else, moving on has been tried. But sadly hadn't helped.

Over a bear and possibly "a wee dram" ... I hope to be able to shake the hands of those involved in a field somewhere this year. Fingers crossed. :)

If you shake hands over a bear you'd better be a good runner fatty. ;D
Oh boll@x... Again! ;D

Maybe I should sign the crapple spell checker up as a member here, it gets a better laugh than I do.  :-[  ;D

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 28 May 2012, 17:13:25 »

As TB said, it took overly long via PM's between the Admins to discuss the situation, it's not like at work, where you can sit eveyone around a table and thrash it out.

I, and I know all the other Admins spent a lot of their precious time sorting this problem out, to the detrement of other more important things in our lives.

It may have appeared to one and all, nothing was happening, but I can assure you it was.

I find it sad that all things being equal, people who have a common interest, cannot get of with each other.

You don't have to be best of mates with everyone, someone may not be your cup of tea, but at least try to get on with them, it doesn't hurt, and it isn't as though you have to put up with them 24/7.

Leg pulling is one thing, conflict is another.

I like red cars

OOMV6

« Reply #588 on: 28 May 2012, 17:17:09 »

As TB said, it took overly long via PM's between the Admins to discuss the situation, it's not like at work, where you can sit eveyone around a table and thrash it out.

I, and I know all the other Admins spent a lot of their precious time sorting this problem out, to the detrement of other more important things in our lives.

It may have appeared to one and all, nothing was happening, but I can assure you it was.

I find it sad that all things being equal, people who have a common interest, cannot get of with each other.

You don't have to be best of mates with everyone, someone may not be your cup of tea, but at least try to get on with them, it doesn't hurt, and it isn't as though you have to put up with them 24/7.

Couldn't agree more.  :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 28 May 2012, 17:24:13 »

:o  For the record, I am holding no grudges here and just trying to get on with things...

No way am I getting off with him though  ;D ;D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #590 on: 28 May 2012, 17:36:44 »

Baaahaha crapple spell checker strikes again. ;D

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 28 May 2012, 18:41:06 »

It sounds like there is no moderator only section of the forum here.

On TC (same software as OOF) we have a "Mod Chat" section which is invisible to those without moderator/admin privelages. That way if the mods need to have a discussion about a particular member or issue we can do so much more easily.

It should take no more than a few mins to set up on here and by the sound of it would save alot of time and grief!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 28 May 2012, 18:43:18 »

It sounds like there is no moderator only section of the forum here.

On TC (same software as OOF) we have a "Mod Chat" section which is invisible to those without moderator/admin privelages. That way if the mods need to have a discussion about a particular member or issue we can do so much more easily.

It should take no more than a few mins to set up on here and by the sound of it would save alot of time and grief!
/Panto mode
Oh yes there is
/Panto off

What we lack is an Administrator/owner only section. Maybe its needed.
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 28 May 2012, 18:57:35 »

To me some good seems to be happening with this thread :y

Things have gone wrong that seem to be out in the open now and discussed freely.
A lesson learned here? A stronger forum maybe?
I must add in my view Ljay should be given the option too return. If she decides not to thats her choice.

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 28 May 2012, 19:55:37 »

This has been an interesting thread  :y Like they say.. it`s good to talk  :y Just a suggestion, but what about a monthly prize draw for, say for instance, an OOF air freshner  :D ( takes note of post count and runs.... )

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 28 May 2012, 20:13:05 »

Things have gone wrong that seem to be out in the open now and discussed freely.
I must add in my view Ljay should be given the option too return. If she decides not to thats her choice.

:y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 28 May 2012, 20:57:01 »

:y
:y :y tend to agree with you there daz  :y :y :y
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 28 May 2012, 20:59:23 »

Well said,.... but also, you, JB and LJAY should meet, talk, and have a beer. You can, and probably will, still disagree over the matter, but simply not agreeing is very, very different from an all out war !!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 28 May 2012, 21:35:09 »

Well said,.... but also, you, JB and LJAY should meet, talk, and have a beer. You can, and probably will, still disagree over the matter, but simply not agreeing is very, very different from an all out war !!

It would be great if it could happen ;) It seems a real shame that neither James, Laura and family or Daz are planning to attend the meets (or that's how it seems ;)) when they have all attended so many of them ;) The past cannon be changed, but an agreement to "get on with it" would be great :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 28 May 2012, 21:44:23 »

I think the point has already been made, but just to re-iterate, I think a lot of issues arise due to the written word not being interpreted in the same way it would be were it to be spoken. Hearing tone of voice and seeing body language counts for so so much.

I will openly say this - and I don't think they will mind one bit - Take H21 for an example. I think we quite often misinterpret each others posts, and subsequently disagree, in the forum environment. Yet on the (fair few) times we've met in person, Eg on one of our scottish holidays, the Telford meet, I think a Lakes meet.... we will chit chat, have a beverage, and get on absolutely fine with no misunderstanding at all.

TB's the same. I find him (or should I Say, his writing style) as blunt as a desert spoon on the forum. If I didn't know the chap personally, I would think I'd offended him. When we've been working on a car together, (Changing tractor gearboxes) and taking the piss out of each other (and tunnie!) with lots of laughts, it is a much more accurate representaion of the relationship/friendship/dynamic/whatever you want to call it.

I don't think that can be displayed on a forum in the same way. Maybe we just need to accept that?

I personally am keen to re-kindle some old friendships on this forum, especially as I will soon only be living a stones throw away from a lot of members, in Bucks!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.