Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid tests for travel  (Read 6023 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Covid tests for travel
« Reply #135 on: 22 December 2021, 21:13:30 »

.... like all these facts, who knows what is true, made up, or a lie.  Even Boris cannot apparently make up his mind because of a shortage of “facts” ;D ;D

Well in other good Covid news today Lizzie, scientists here in the UK are saying (reluctantly I'd imagine) that the South African's have been right for weeks about Omicon producing a mild illness.  :y

So when you put that together with other things that we know about Covid, like 99% of people survive it, you often have to have a test to know if you even have it and only 7% of the people tested yesterday were positive, it hardly seems right to impose more restrictions on peoples ;) lives and lively hoods.  Does it?  ???

Even if Britain's corrupt media are demanding it!  ::)   :-X

I agree with that entirely Sir Tigger :y

The more I have heard today suggests that with the majority now vaccinated and this Covid strain mild, there should be no more restrictions.  Business, which gives people their livelihood’s and puts food on the table, MUST have no further restrictions placed on them.  Everyone being vaccinated, ok. Face masks, ok.  Good hygiene, ok.  Sensible precautions, ok.  But no more, and if those who decide still to not be vaccinated, ok, but let them not affect business and not dictate what controls the rest of us suffer.

If it's right that each new mutation of the virus becomes slightly weaker then there's no reason why the unvaccinated should cause any problems.  They'll just catch it, be ill for a bit, recover and have shiny new antibodies swarming around inside them!  :y

There are those who wish to perpetuate the hysteria though, and in my view they shouldn't be allowed to dominate the narrative whatever their reasons are.  >:(  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 22 December 2021, 21:52:20 »

If you are coming to Spain for xmas, we are all back to masks outside even if you can socially distance.

That's almost as absurd as the new rule coming in Wales, where you can get a £60 fine for going to work, but it's OK to go out on the piss!  ;D
               Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it pick you up at 10😂😂
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 23 December 2021, 11:24:56 »

.... like all these facts, who knows what is true, made up, or a lie.  Even Boris cannot apparently make up his mind because of a shortage of “facts” ;D ;D

Well in other good Covid news today Lizzie, scientists here in the UK are saying (reluctantly I'd imagine) that the South African's have been right for weeks about Omicon producing a mild illness.  :y

So when you put that together with other things that we know about Covid, like 99% of people survive it, you often have to have a test to know if you even have it and only 7% of the people tested yesterday were positive, it hardly seems right to impose more restrictions on peoples ;) lives and lively hoods.  Does it?  ???

Even if Britain's corrupt media are demanding it!  ::)   :-X

I agree with that entirely Sir Tigger :y

The more I have heard today suggests that with the majority now vaccinated and this Covid strain mild, there should be no more restrictions.  Business, which gives people their livelihood’s and puts food on the table, MUST have no further restrictions placed on them.  Everyone being vaccinated, ok. Face masks, ok.  Good hygiene, ok.  Sensible precautions, ok.  But no more, and if those who decide still to not be vaccinated, ok, but let them not affect business and not dictate what controls the rest of us suffer.

If it's right that each new mutation of the virus becomes slightly weaker then there's no reason why the unvaccinated should cause any problems.  They'll just catch it, be ill for a bit, recover and have shiny new antibodies swarming around inside them!  :y

There are those who wish to perpetuate the hysteria though, and in my view they shouldn't be allowed to dominate the narrative whatever their reasons are.  >:(  :-X

Agreed! :y :y

The "facts" that are coming out now appear to support that approach ;)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 23 December 2021, 12:26:54 »

Sitrep.

Left Tignes around 06:30CET, satnav predicting arrival at Calais 16:04. Even with a 10 minute pit stop for fuel at the Metal chicken (Aire de Poulet de Bresse) managed to shave 50 minutes off that before we stopped for our traditional Wine, Cheese and Foie Gras stop at Reims. 600+ miles and virtually no traffic. Only started seeing a few British cars as we approached Calais - but probably less than a dozen on the whole trip.

Arrived at a deserted Eurotunnel about 16:30 CET - 4 check-in booths open but no other cars around. We were booked on the 17:50, but they offered us the earlier 17:20, which we accepted.  Then we just drove slowly through the bollard maze they've erected in the terminal car park and through to immigration. As expected disinterested French staff - although they had pulled over one swiss car for the rubber glove treatment. The UK lot were no more interested. Passports stamped by the French and on our way - no-one interested in any of the other guff. Then we just drove slowly through the rest of the bollard maze they've erected, straight through the normal queuing area, green arrow lights on all the way, down the ramp and straight onto the train. There were only 7 other cars on our deck when we left at 16:50 (each train carriage usually takes 5-6 cars and only 2 of the (12?) carriages had any cars in it.

Off the train by 16:30GMT, and up to Bluewater. What a fustercluck of a place that is - my ideal of hell. We were 2 hours early for our pre-booked test time (19:20), but that didn't seem to matter. Day2 PCR test done and off again by 18:00. M25, A13, North Circ to drop off a fellow traveller in Neasden, then home to civilisation in Somerset via A40, M25, M3, A303.  Home by 10PM.

So now just got to wait for an EMAIL to say whether I've brought the plague back to plague island or not. Gives me some time to unpack 12 days of stale kacks and socks I suppose.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 23 December 2021, 13:07:26 »

A painless experience, then. Always nice to avoid having to mix with the great unwashed.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 23 December 2021, 13:10:15 »

When you say that the border staff were 'disinterested', did they not ask to seethe results of your LFD to travel back or the booking details of your 2 day PCR?
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 23 December 2021, 13:28:25 »

Some good news today.  :)

Almost 93% of people tested yesterday returned a negative result or in other words didn't have Covid!  :y

You won't hear that on the BBC!  ;D

During WW2  the MSM media did as it was told. It reported what it was allowed to report. I can see why. In 2020/21 The same rules apply with covid the MSM all singing the same song 'get vaccinated'..... :-X

The BBC is especially compliant.  :-X :-X

« Last Edit: 23 December 2021, 13:30:45 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 23 December 2021, 13:29:52 »

When you say that the border staff were 'disinterested', did they not ask to seethe results of your LFD to travel back or the booking details of your 2 day PCR?

Nope.

I *think* the responsibility for making sure you've dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's has been foisted onto your chosen carrier - whether that be an Airline or in our case Eurotunnel. We uploaded all the pre-departure stuff to the Eurotunnel website. I presume if you're flying you upload it to your airline's site. If you don't upload it then I suspect you'll have to present it at check-in.

The Passenger Location Form (PLF) you have to fill in online on a govt website within 48hrs of travel. That contains details of who you've booked your Day2 PCR with, but since you haven't yet taken it there isn't anything else for them to check.

All immigration are interested in are that the photo in the passport you present looks vaguely like the person presenting it.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 23 December 2021, 15:52:36 »

Nope.

I *think* the responsibility for making sure you've dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's has been foisted onto your chosen carrier - whether that be an Airline or in our case Eurotunnel. We uploaded all the pre-departure stuff to the Eurotunnel website. I presume if you're flying you upload it to your airline's site. If you don't upload it then I suspect you'll have to present it at check-in.

The Passenger Location Form (PLF) you have to fill in online on a govt website within 48hrs of travel. That contains details of who you've booked your Day2 PCR with, but since you haven't yet taken it there isn't anything else for them to check.

All immigration are interested in are that the photo in the passport you present looks vaguely like the person presenting it.
Thank you. It's what I suspected but good to get first hand experience.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.