Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Monaro test drive  (Read 4289 times)

KillerWatt

Re: Monaro test drive
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2009, 18:33:55 »

This one is doing the round on the internet, but couldn't see it here so thought I would share it. (Sorry if it's a pee-roast).

Guy takes a Monaro in for a simple radiator pipe leak, the mechanics take it for a test drive. I believe the police are now 'test driving' the mechanics license!

Kinda makes me glad that I know what I'm doing myself, or at least I have friends that do. I do like the Roadhawk though, how cool are they. Only limiting factor to me is the £279.99 price tag.
£280 is nothing for the benefits it offers.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2009, 21:01:50 »

This one is doing the round on the internet, but couldn't see it here so thought I would share it. (Sorry if it's a pee-roast).

Guy takes a Monaro in for a simple radiator pipe leak, the mechanics take it for a test drive. I believe the police are now 'test driving' the mechanics license!

Kinda makes me glad that I know what I'm doing myself, or at least I have friends that do. I do like the Roadhawk though, how cool are they. Only limiting factor to me is the £279.99 price tag.
£280 is nothing for the benefits it offers.

Have to agree, and that price i feel is actually very reasonable. If my car was not worth £2.50 i would get one.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 October 2009, 21:02:23 »

£1 to 1p, before long having one will be a condition of getting insurance.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 October 2009, 21:21:33 »

Same idea, but different end result -  Norwich Union's idea of a 'black box' data recorder for pay-as-you-drive insurance soon died the death.  ;)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 October 2009, 21:24:52 »

Same idea, but different end result -  Norwich Union's idea of a 'black box' data recorder for pay-as-you-drive insurance soon died the death.  ;)

yes, and remember Jon Argraig's saga with the RAC for the same.

nonetheless, they are obviously thinking about it, and either it, or specs at every junction will come eventually.

so, enjoy it while you can  :y

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 October 2009, 21:25:59 »

Whats it for?

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2009, 21:26:53 »

Whats it for?

data recorder.

camera,
gps
speed

shows exactly how your car has been driven  :y

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 October 2009, 21:35:00 »

Whats it for?

data recorder.

camera,
gps
speed

I know how my car has been driven, and how its going to be driven, and it isnt going to be driven by any grease monkeys from the local ranch.
 What other benefits are there? If it could detect radar as well it might be worth having :y

« Last Edit: 10 October 2009, 21:36:47 by Bent_Valve »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 October 2009, 21:51:26 »

Whats it for?

data recorder.

camera,
gps
speed

I know how my car has been driven, and how its going to be driven, and it isnt going to be driven by any grease monkeys from the local ranch.
 What other benefits are there? If it could detect radar as well it might be worth having :y

Have a read through the website. ... http://www.roadhawk.co.uk/ it can be setup to record like the Monaro set it when it record the 'test drive' but there's also the abilty to to set it up to record a set time before an accident. It can prove what happened before an accident occured ..... which hopefully is in your favour (if not you can then delete the SD card  ::)  ::)).

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 October 2009, 22:00:36 »

If thats the case it could be very useful if you ran into the back of someone.if you took the card out, uploaded the video,wipe the card, then run it backwards and reload it to the card. They have then reversed into you :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 October 2009, 22:04:54 »

If thats the case it could be very useful if you ran into the back of someone.if you took the card out, uploaded the video,wipe the card, then run it backwards and reload it to the card. They have then reversed into you :y

A bit of a sore point at the moment! :-?  ;)  ;)

KillerWatt

« Reply #26 on: 10 October 2009, 22:06:59 »

Whats it for?

data recorder.

camera,
gps
speed

Have a read through the website. ... http://www.roadhawk.co.uk/ it can be setup to record like the Monaro set it when it record the 'test drive' but there's also the abilty to to set it up to record a set time before an accident. It can prove what happened before an accident occured ..... which hopefully is in your favour (if not you can then delete the SD card  ::)  ::)).
Deleting the data wouldn't be sufficient, you'd have to blow the card completely (and probably follow that up with blowing the recording devices internal memory that kept the log of you removing a perfectly functioning card and replacing it with a shagged one).

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 October 2009, 22:08:42 »

Why?you havent been a victim of the roundabout scam have you? :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 October 2009, 22:12:07 »

Whats it for?

data recorder.

camera,
gps
speed

Deleting the data wouldn't be sufficient, you'd have to blow the card completely (and probably follow that up with blowing the recording devices internal memory that kept the log of you removing a perfectly functioning card and replacing it with a shagged one).

I can't believe the number of people that think, that pressing the delete button, gets rid of data for ever.

All that happens when you press delete, is the file system allocates that as free space, the data is still there until its over written, even then its partially recoverable.

Only 100% way to remove data, is to physically destroy the device its on. SD? Fire. Hard Disk? Drill holes in it, then take a hammer to it.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2009, 22:13:38 by tunnie »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 October 2009, 22:12:46 »

Why?you havent been a victim of the roundabout scam have you? :)

All will be revealed!  ;)  :(
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1254338583

I'm still convinced she must have been on the phone ..... but I'm a cynic  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.