Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: So glad I do DIY car work...  (Read 6387 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
So glad I do DIY car work...
« on: 09 April 2016, 12:58:29 »

Only time I use garages is for tyres, I was given a 'booked' slot at 10:45 today. Turned up, sorry really busy, just had 2 cars come in.

But I had a booked slot, you knew I was coming? Yes sir but we did not expect to be this busy this morning.  ::)

Come back at 12:30 I'm told, which I've done. I'm sitting in the waiting room for last 30 mins. Have they touched my car? Nope!  >:(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: So glad I do DIY car work...
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2016, 13:00:23 »

Perhaps its just me, but given those circumstances I would have walked out with a rude comment about them losing the sale. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2016, 13:09:04 »

Booked through black circles, already paid for. If I had not pre-paid, I would be!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2016, 13:09:36 »

Perhaps its just me, but given those circumstances I would have walked out with a rude comment about them losing the sale. :y

Complain to whoever you booked it with... They should refund a goodwill gesture from the fitting fee ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2016, 13:10:41 »

When I used to go to Kwikfit Fit at the weekend, all the guys in overalls would be trying to ignore the people who walked in, hoping they'd go away. Too busy.
Go back on a Monday morning and they'd be all over you like a rash.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2016, 13:15:35 »

Complain to whoever you booked it with... They should refund a goodwill gesture from the fitting fee ;)

Yeah. That's a good shout  :y

When I used to go to Kwikfit Fit at the weekend, all the guys in overalls would be trying to ignore the people who walked in, hoping they'd go away. Too busy.
Go back on a Monday morning and they'd be all over you like a rash.

Sadly no longer do shifts, so can't do that.  :(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2016, 13:27:03 »

I would have definitely taken my business elsewhere , hope you asked for some kind of compensation for the inconvenience.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2016, 13:42:43 »

This is the problem with getting a 3rd party to fit your cheap internet tyres.

Youve effectively done them out of a sale and are 'using' them.  You will be bottom of the priority list.

I used black circles once, saw the attitude at the local place to fit them and thought never again.  Likes of tyres on the drive are just marginally more expensive, but much easier.

Get it all done while your sat at work with no hassle.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2016, 13:57:43 »

From reading elsewhere this seems to be quite a common occurrence-at other outlets too-even down to "Sorry sir we've not received a booking"although the tyres are sat there!Of course it shouldn't be this way,but sadly it is.As Jimbob says effectively you've done them out of whatever mark-up they have on the tyres so you're at the bottom of the food chain to them.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2016, 14:07:19 »

Only time I use garages is for tyres, I was given a 'booked' slot at 10:45 today. Turned up, sorry really busy, just had 2 cars come in.

But I had a booked slot, you knew I was coming? Yes sir but we did not expect to be this busy this morning.  ::)

Come back at 12:30 I'm told, which I've done. I'm sitting in the waiting room for last 30 mins. Have they touched my car? Nope!  >:(

Unprofessional. :-\

powerslinky

« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2016, 14:21:12 »

Tunnie,

Complain big time IMO.  This garage, along with all others in the scheme, know what they have let themselves in for . So why put you to the back of the queue ?  You were given a time slot  & that was not held to  >:( >:(

This has put off any chance of me buying tyres through them for the future. 

I would be requiring some sort of compo from BC themselves as very poor unprofessional service from their fitting agent IMO   

. . . not impressed at all

ted_one

« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2016, 14:48:30 »

I think if you live down here in the Sarf...you have got to expect shite service,we experience it constantly and have been let down on numerous occasions by the large and the small companies.I was told by one guy who we were trying to arrange a gas hob fitting and also to cap of a gas pipe... that he would come and cap the pipe but he doesn't do gas hobs....er really?
So we arranged last Friday through Curries to have the hob fitted through a service provider called Knowhow,and was given a time slot from 4PM until 8PM and guess what? at just after 6PM they cancelled saying that the fitter had been called back to a previous job as they had a gas leak....bearing in mind that we had paid £90 for the fitting plus another charge for disposing of the old hob and £150 for the new hob. I am getting so pissed with  the service in this country as whenever you need a large item delivered you have to wait in all day and then when it arrives you have either carry it from the kerbside or lump it upstairs yourself as with a recliner that was dumped on our door step recently with the comment that it was to do with H&S that they couldn't take it upstairs.Good thing that I've got a decent sack barrow and I'm still pretty strong,which won't always be, customer service...what's that then?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2016, 14:52:11 »

What am I  missing here? You used a third party internet 'service' to arrange something at a local company. Why not just start there and save yourself some grief? Tyres are an everyday part available from dozens of local suppliers.

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2016, 14:59:13 »

Ring Blackcircles and kick off. Blackcircles are the customer as far as the garage is concerned, but the garages often overlook the fact that you chose to go there and that how they treat you depends on you reusing them or not...

Never use that garage again and leave a shitty review when the opportunity presents itself.

Blackcircles do say to arrive 15mins before slot time. Never had an issue with them but I already had a good relationship with one garage on they're list, so stuck with it... they do all my MoTs.

That said, that garages attitude is starting to slip, so may well look elsewhere, which ius why I switched to Asda tyres. One glitch with that booking, but Helfrods didn't turn me away... advised of a possible wait, but was still out reasonably close to the slot time under the circumstances.

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 April 2016, 15:10:52 »

only ever used two garages near me for blackcircle tyres and both times I arrived and was dealt with straight away. last time i was in the owner pulled a chap off another car and got him working on mine straight away. Even asked what nm i want the bolts done up to. no air gun in sight :y
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.