Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tramlining  (Read 3371 times)

omega3000

Re: Tramlining
« Reply #15 on: 01 January 2012, 17:37:44 »

Good read there and good advice  :y

fergy

• Hereford
  • 2001 CDX 2.2dti Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 January 2012, 22:49:22 »

Excellent advice  here as previously stated.
Try swapping the front two wheels and tyres to make them turn in the opposite direction. In 160k miles, many sets of tyres and at least 3 sets of wishbones with subsequent trips to WIM; this has consistently fixed it for me for up to 5k miles, then swap them again.

I now only but non unidirectional and no assymetric tyres to facilitate this.  Swap 'em and take it on a gentle test run on a well known road costs nothing to try it!

Boditza

• Craiova, Romania
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 January 2012, 18:14:44 »

i get tramlining too with my 17inch summer tyres. i have on those 235/45/17 good year excelence. with winter tyres no tramlining at all but those are 195/65/15 with continental ts810. i am starting to wonder is i need to do the gemetry every time i swap tyres in the autumn or in the spring

omega3000

« Reply #18 on: 02 January 2012, 18:22:45 »

winter tyres no tramlining at all 
   :o

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 02 January 2012, 18:31:45 »

i get tramlining too with my 17inch summer tyres. i have on those 235/45/17 good year excelence. with winter tyres no tramlining at all but those are 195/65/15 with continental ts810. i am starting to wonder is i need to do the gemetry every time i swap tyres in the autumn or in the spring
narrower profile will help. But eventually tram lining will creep in.

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 02 January 2012, 21:21:20 »

Mine is set up reasonably well, but started tramlining like a barsteward once the tyres got down to 2mm. >:( New tyres and all well :y

BUT I've also had a set of wishbones that only lasted a month(iirc) so I wouldn't rule them out. They destroyed two sets of tyres in a week, inspite of being set up correctly >:(

feeutfo

« Reply #21 on: 02 January 2012, 21:37:36 »

Mine is set up reasonably well, but started tramlining like a barsteward once the tyres got down to 2mm. >:( New tyres and all well :y

BUT I've also had a set of wishbones that only lasted a month(iirc) so I wouldn't rule them out. They destroyed two sets of tyres in a week, inspite of being set up correctly >:(
what make wishbones failed Al?

omega3000

« Reply #22 on: 02 January 2012, 21:54:54 »

wishbones that only lasted a month

Jeez i wouldnt be happy with them id want me money back  :(

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 03 January 2012, 05:23:21 »

what make wishbones failed Al?

Delphi. >:( Cateramv6 bought some at around the same time and they went south in a similar amount of time. :-\ by the time he'd got back to the supplier and found Delphi had released a faulty batch mine were already in the bin ::) First line replacements lasted 20k, which seems to be reasonable for pattern ones :-\, their replacements were poly bushed, another 20k and only the droplinks have failed :-\ Guess who made them ::) GM next time me thinks ;)

Nickh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 January 2012, 09:32:07 »

Me too . . .

My basic 2.0 GLS ('52 plate) Estate tramlines as well, and has done ever since I got the bitch.

I am considering re-bushing the front end, and found that I can get polys for the lower fronts, but there are apparently none to be had for the rears in the front lower suspension arm. This would mean that I'd have to fit a new set of standard ones for the rears (front lower suspension arm).

Could the Guru's advise on this ?

I'm presuming that a full geometry check would be in order if I did go ahead with this ?

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 03 January 2012, 09:40:21 »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.798 seconds with 18 queries.