Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Location on Heater Bypass Valve where water comes out on its Failure  (Read 978 times)

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile

I have seen slow coolant dripping at one of the Hose connections to the HBV.  Does the HBV fail and the water start leaking from the hose connections to the HBV or there is a hole that ruptures due to failure in the HBV?

I am going to repair/replace was not sure which is necessary in my case.  I am seeing the coolant leak from the side where single hose is connected and not the side where two hoses are connected.

Thank you.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile

You can check the connection of the hose but I expect the water is probably running to that point before dripping. Often seems to start as a gentle drip and gets more serious quite quickly!
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
    • View Profile

You can check the connection of the hose but I expect the water is probably running to that point before dripping. Often seems to start as a gentle drip and gets more serious quite quickly!
Lazydocker thanks a lot for quick response.  Where does the water leak from?  That is my question as I have not seen a defective or mal-functioning HBV.  I thought may be the hose has come loose in connection to the HBV.  So if I get to that awkward place I don't want to just tighten and assume the problem was that and have to do this in adverse winter/clamy weather.  I have kept a spare and the current one was replaced about 4-5 years ago by a dealer.

Thank you.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile

Better to be safe than sorry with the weather that you can get there!
I would ghange it for a true GM part instead of taking any chance. Anyway, to get to it to tighten the hoses you have to do just as much as you have to to change it. Do you really want to do the job twice and lose twice the skin?
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile

It's hard to say for certain where it will leak from because sometimes they leak through the top, sometimes underneath. As said, I'd just change it if it's 5 years old... You have to do just as much work to tighten a hose ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
    • View Profile

Lazydocker it was one of the hoses to the heater that was not properly seated at the firewall.  All is good.  I did take the opportunity to flush the heater core and it is burning hot, I mean the air.

Few nicks and scrapes but would be able to do future work in a jiffy.

Thanks to people at OOF for a guide to do so.

Thanks again.

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
    • View Profile

Sorry to bother but in case it helps anyone.  All the HBV Maintenance Guides I used from the OOF section,

Replacing HBV:  http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90574.0

Disconnecting Heater Hoses:  http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90557.0

Flushing Heater Matrix:  http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90620.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.