Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157428 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #480 on: 27 May 2012, 19:06:48 »

You are wrong.
Why don`t the admin team grow a pair and put it into type exactly why it`s "wrong" then or does this "phantom clique" exist within the confines of their ivory tower aka "chat room" ??? ??? ???
I would imagine there are quite a few members awaiting the admin take on all this, or is it going to be a case of "sometime never"
« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 19:11:17 by RobG »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 27 May 2012, 19:25:59 »

While I`m on the subject of "admins" could one of you answer an extremely simple question.
Admin`s duties are to moderate the forum with no bias/prejudice so why do you feel the need to prowl the site in stealth mode or under a pseudonym ???
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 27 May 2012, 19:34:04 »

So you think looknee jumped and wasnot pushed?
I'm not sure I should reveal exactly why Loo-knee isn't a mod anymore - thats between him, MDTM, H21, AA and I, but I will say I am sorry to see him go  :-X  ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 27 May 2012, 19:36:50 »

You are wrong.
Why don`t the admin team grow a pair and put it into type exactly why it`s "wrong" then or does this "phantom clique" exist within the confines of their ivory tower aka "chat room" ??? ??? ???
I would imagine there are quite a few members awaiting the admin take on all this, or is it going to be a case of "sometime never"
RobG - seems you've definately got a bee in your bonnet about something. Which is good, and precisely what this thread is about :y.

However, not quite sure I understand what your are getting at  :-[. Can you ask the question/query again, in a way a dimwit like me would understand ;D
Grumpy old man

waspy

« Reply #484 on: 27 May 2012, 19:39:57 »

I haven't read every post & so this may have been said already......

A forum is a place for people to chat about whatever. People change, peoples veiws change & so in turn the forum changes with it.
New members arrive, old members leave & so that also changes the froum.
We need to stop hanging onto the past & embrace the future, because if we don't, maybe just maybe this forum will wither & die.
Admins. You can analize as much as you want, but I don't think you'll ever get the answer  ??? :-\

I'm an Admin on another forum that was started up last year. It was born from disagreements, it started off well & many members migrated from the other forum & complimented the new forum, because it was a breath of fresh air with easy going rules & no hangups like the other forum. The new forum now has hardly anyone viewing it & they've pretty much all gone back to the other forum. Why I just don't know. I too have analized & tried to find the reasons, but I'm  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 27 May 2012, 19:43:00 »

While I`m on the subject of "admins" could one of you answer an extremely simple question.
Admin`s duties are to moderate the forum with no bias/prejudice so why do you feel the need to prowl the site in stealth mode or under a pseudonym ???
I keep mine (mostly) in permenent stealth.

Why?
During the day, when at work, I'm not supposed to be on here. I'm supposed to be working. Work know all about this site - christ, colleagues help fix it if I'm not around or otherwise busy - so I don't like to advertise when I'm on during the day ;).  Not that I do get on much during the day any more, but old habits die hard.

If its perceived as a problem, I can stop being in Stealth, but then *any* access during day will be necessarily very limited.

Personally, I think its good that Admins aren't visible, as I've seen before that those wishing to cause trouble waiting until no Admins are online  :-X
Grumpy old man

waspy

« Reply #486 on: 27 May 2012, 19:45:55 »

Why?
During the day, when at work, I'm not supposed to be on here. I'm supposed to be working. Work know all about this site - christ, colleagues help fix it if I'm not around or otherwise busy - so I don't like to advertise when I'm on during the day ;).  Not that I do get on much during the day any more, but old habits die hard.

If its perceived as a problem, I can stop being in Stealth, but then *any* access during day will be necessarily very limited.

Personally, I think its good that Admins aren't visible, as I've seen before that those wishing to cause trouble waiting until no Admins are online  :-X

We know you're there, we just don't know who. Stealth should be stealth & not "Hidden" as it says.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 27 May 2012, 19:46:24 »

A forum is a place for people to chat about whatever. People change, peoples veiws change & so in turn the forum changes with it.
We need to stop hanging onto the past & embrace the future, because if we don't, maybe just maybe this forum will wither & die.
Admins. You can analize as much as you want, but I don't think you'll ever get the answer  ??? :-\

I'm an Admin on another forum that was started up last year. It was born from disagreements, it started off well & many members migrated from the other forum & complimented the new forum, because it was a breath of fresh air with easy going rules & no hangups like the other forum. The new forum now has hardly anyone viewing it & they've pretty much all gone back to the other forum. Why I just don't know. I too have analized & tried to find the reasons, but I'm  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'(
I understand what you are saying :y, but I personally feel that there is a tide of unease simmering below the surface. As a member of the Admin Team, and a co-founder, I feel its my responsibility to try to understand what/why that is, and see if there is something we can do about it.

Maybe there is no answer or solution, but we have to try. IMHO, anyway.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 27 May 2012, 19:48:35 »

Why?

We know you're there, we just don't know who. Stealth should be stealth & not "Hidden" as it says.
Yeah, its a sligth functionality difference between YaBB and SMF.  Easily overcome, but more important things to spend time on currently, clearly.  And also not worth the effort if members think its wrong that admins can use stealth.
Grumpy old man

waspy

« Reply #489 on: 27 May 2012, 19:49:30 »

I understand what you are saying :y, but I personally feel that there is a tide of unease simmering below the surface. As a member of the Admin Team, and a co-founder, I feel its my responsibility to try to understand what/why that is, and see if there is something we can do about it.

Maybe there is no answer or solution, but we have to try. IMHO, anyway.

I know exactly what you mean Jamie. I'm still trying too :-[ :(

waspy

« Reply #490 on: 27 May 2012, 19:51:37 »

Why?

Yeah, its a sligth functionality difference between YaBB and SMF.  Easily overcome, but more important things to spend time on currently, clearly.  And also not worth the effort if members think its wrong that admins can use stealth.

It's just the same with traffic cops. Motorists believe they're being sneeky & resent the unmarked cars etc.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 27 May 2012, 20:10:29 »

Stealth - same for me....don't believe I have used it since leaving employment :y

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 27 May 2012, 20:16:22 »

Not mine :P ;D :-*
Feel free to post them here ;)
As has been previously posted by some members, the banter & joviality has for whatever reason gradually diminished and has to a certain degree been replaced with argumentative posts on threads as opposed to debateable. Voice an opinion, if someone is in disagreement the thread then degenerates into a slanging match and the articulate members shy away from posting.
Admin I feel, have a challenging, if not sometimes insurmountable task to moderate every thread. IMO they`re damned if they do and damned if they don`t. There have been occasions where Broocie (H21) has forgotten he`s no longer a serving member of the constabulary and dons his "plod" hat, but I/we just accept the old adage "once a copper always a copper" ;D ;D
It still appears that the thorn in the side of many members is this thread http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=100127.0
where the actions of mods/admin were akin to using a "sledgehammer to crack a nut"
gonna be honest and that is still narking me as to why jimbob has got off scott free from all this

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 27 May 2012, 20:18:11 »

I use stealth mode for the same reasons as others have said.  My employer knows what I do on OOF and as such, I give least possible chance to them of seeing me online, as it were, during working hours when I manage to wangle time to myself outwith tea/lunchbreaks.

The lazy bit of my mindset cant be arsed with the faff to change it, dependant on the time of day, just to satisfy those who want to know when I am online.

And yes.  I did enjoy using an unmarked patrol car.....   :P :P :P :P :P   :-*  ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 27 May 2012, 20:19:59 »

Not mine :P ;D :-*
Feel free to post them here ;)
As has been previously posted by some members, the banter & joviality has for whatever reason gradually diminished and has to a certain degree been replaced with argumentative posts on threads as opposed to debateable. Voice an opinion, if someone is in disagreement the thread then degenerates into a slanging match and the articulate members shy away from posting.
Admin I feel, have a challenging, if not sometimes insurmountable task to moderate every thread. IMO they`re damned if they do and damned if they don`t. There have been occasions where Broocie (H21) has forgotten he`s no longer a serving member of the constabulary and dons his "plod" hat, but I/we just accept the old adage "once a copper always a copper" ;D ;D
It still appears that the thorn in the side of many members is this thread http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=100127.0
where the actions of mods/admin were akin to using a "sledgehammer to crack a nut"
gonna be honest and that is still narking me as to why jimbob has got off scott free from all this

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.