Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £90.00 for the cheapest branded tyre  (Read 5534 times)

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
Re: £90.00 for the cheapest branded tyre
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2008, 17:21:22 »

theres a guy in blackpool  who gets the mutts in part worn  £20 quid what ever size

details please!!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 27 March 2008, 19:01:27 »

I bung Nankang NS2's on my 2.2, £55 a corner fitted and balanced......not worth me putting on expensive stuff....i got well over 20k outa the last lot.......tho my tyres scuff a tad......got over 30k once.....before the scuffing.

Thats from a company called Bathwick Tyres.........not sure how widespread they are...... :-/

Also again not sure how they handle with V6 power but 4 pot power their fine  :y

V6drift

• Intermediate Member
  • rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 March 2008, 20:12:05 »

today ive had 2 cooper (avon) 245x50x16s fitted on the back,
£113 for the pair, fitted and balanced and vat,

i was quoted £93 for a pair of budget 225x55x16s...
omega drivers do it sideways...

mars

• Omega Baron
  • Cannock, Staffordshire
    • Vivaro Sportive BMW 330d
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 March 2008, 20:41:39 »

Mine got 2 Michelin Pilots and 2 Nankangs on it ( all on when I bought car). Place near me does part worns which I may look at when tyres due. They also do some new 225/55/16s for about £60 each but don't know what brand they are :-/
There is no such thing as bad beer, some beers are better than others.

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #19 on: 27 March 2008, 21:58:50 »

when i bought the mothership i had 4 brand new p6000s on it. lasted two years or more. since then i have been getting through p7s stupidly fast (by my previous p6000 standards anyway). admittedly i do a few more miles now than i used to but i do wonder if the p7s arent anywhere near as durable as the p6000s. anyone else had similar experiences?
« Last Edit: 27 March 2008, 21:59:52 by ilovemyelite »
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 March 2008, 22:15:11 »

I know its each to their own ... but I would NEVER put "part worns" or "cheap & cheerfuls" on a car as powerful as an Omega.

At the end of the day the ONLY thing that keeps you in contact with the road are 4 little patches of rubber ... if those little patches go wrong your life could be in serious danger. We own and drive powerful motors ... please think carefully about your family and loved ones before scrimping on the most important part of your car ....  the bits that enable you to point it where you want it to go .. and ensure you get there and not somewhere else ......

bedders

• Brigg, Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 March 2008, 22:16:01 »

235/45/r17 for the 3.0l (fulda) £75 each delivered.
From www.mytyres.co.uk. Well worth a look as they give a road test to many of the brands & you can then buy elsewhere if required. :)
Bog standard MY 2000 3.0 Elite Manual Estate + LPG

theowletman

• Chester-le-street, Co. Durham
  • Mines a pint !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 March 2008, 22:21:39 »

Had a new tyre fitted yest, they said "branded or budget?" I said "how much for a bugdet" "£54.99" "how much for your cheapest branded?"
"£90.00 & that's an Avon"  :o :o :o :o
I had the budget  :P
Tyre size 225/55WR16
How does this compare with your experiences :question
We try and fit Budget New Tyres and usually ask for Tigars from the wholesaler. Tigar are owned by Michelin. The HITRIS tyre is assymetrical and is remarkably similar to the Pilot Premacy. The wholesalers rep tells us that the Eastern European factory production line makes Tigars and Michelins at the same time, true or not I don't know. I have the Hitris on my car and they are fine, then again I am not a rapid driver so as for grip, wet weather performance etc I have no idea. Look good, nice tread pattern and balanced easily, 10 grams. Oh and well priced.

Marie

• Omega Baron
  • Linconshire but works in oxfordshire
  • i am a hands on person, i like to get stuck in !!!
    • 2ltr LPG Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 March 2008, 22:27:37 »

Bl00dy expensive, in my eyes. but then your tyres are larger then mine.
you should hae gone to here they are great i use them and most the lads i work with wont go anywhere else.

the best thing about this company is you dont have to go anywhere they come to you!!!!!

http://www.etyres.co.uk/

i normally have the mid range budget. they have been on the car now coming up two years with no snags.

ive recently been involved with their website redevelopment, although sadly i dont think this entitles me to any form of discount!  ::)

which is a shame cos ive had p6000s and p7s on my car ever since ive owned it and now 'times is tight' ive got to downgrade. even with etyres p7s dont seem to be very well priced:

225/55/R/16/W  PIRELLI - P7
£113.60 inc VAT each
Fully fitted price, no hidden extras.

unless i'm mistaken they don't do balancing either.

Same size as mine and I get them fitted and balanced for £75 - pirelli P7's

!!! what's your secret?!   :o

oh yes they do ;D ;D ;D the have all the kit in the back of their van....i had them back out the other day becuase i wasnt happy with the balancing on the tyres at speed and they were great.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2008, 22:27:59 by marie »
Now has two miggs in our house hold. Both 2.0ltr 16v lpg'd. a MFL and a FL.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 March 2008, 22:34:53 »

....... The wholesalers rep tells us that the Eastern European factory production line makes Tigars and Michelins at the same time, true or not I don't know.  ......

HP beans are made on the same production lines as Heinz Beanz ..... but they're very different!  ;)  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 March 2008, 22:37:03 »

I know its each to their own ... but I would NEVER put "part worns" or "cheap & cheerfuls" on a car as powerful as an Omega.......

I haven't bought part worns in a long time, however, did you change all 4 tyres on your car when you bought it in the first place? I can't really see the difference.  :-/  :)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 March 2008, 22:37:22 »

Bear in mind that its not just the tread pattern you are buying, its the technology behind the rubber compounds used as well as the construction of the tyre itself.

Thats why a Michelin will last for yonks, comparatively speaking, but is about as grippy as a greased bambi on ice.....

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 March 2008, 22:39:53 »

Part worns - yup, been there as well, when cash was tight...

Yes, the tyres on your second hand car are also 'part worns' when you buy it.  The difference comes about when the tyres have had a clatter on a car being scrapped, removed from the rim and sold on as a bare tyre.  Its history is very much unknown and its weakpoints - damaged sidewalls etc - are hidden as its deflated when purchased.  The tyres on you 'new' secondhand car should be inflated and thus show bulges or problems more readily....

theowletman

• Chester-le-street, Co. Durham
  • Mines a pint !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 March 2008, 22:41:43 »

....... The wholesalers rep tells us that the Eastern European factory production line makes Tigars and Michelins at the same time, true or not I don't know.  ......

HP beans are made on the same production lines as Heinz Beanz ..... but they're very different!  ;)  :y

Both make you pass wind as well.

I did say the rep had told us that about the factory.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 March 2008, 22:46:53 »

Part worns - yup, been there as well, when cash was tight...

Yes, the tyres on your second hand car are also 'part worns' when you buy it.  The difference comes about when the tyres have had a clatter on a car being scrapped, removed from the rim and sold on as a bare tyre.  Its history is very much unknown and its weakpoints - damaged sidewalls etc - are hidden as its deflated when purchased.  The tyres on you 'new' secondhand car should be inflated and thus show bulges or problems more readily....

Agreed. Just saying that part worns aren't as bad as they're often made out to be. Just be carefull when you buy them.
Don't they now need a stamp or a 'sticker' of some kind to label them as part worn. A local scrap yard was done years ago for something to do with selling a complete wheel and falling foul of this. Although very recently another yard sold me a complete wheel when i was replacing a rim that my son had tried to turn square. :-X
« Last Edit: 27 March 2008, 22:48:03 by Andy_B »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.